Heavy armor fashion issue + suggestions

Is it just me who thinks that all the heavy armor looks horrible. I play human warrior and I struggle to find any decent armor, specially leggings and chest. 95% of the leggings looks like you wearing a skirts on top of them when in combat which I personally hate. We get a lot of decent gloves, boots and shoulder in the gem store but never any chest or leggings . So can you show of your heavy class armor (preferably humans) when in combat/out of combat for some inspiration. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heavy Armor leggings without a skrit:

Note: Most of the skins have been added recently. The problem is known, so more leggings without skirts were added.

Heavy Armor leggings without a real skirt:

Creating outfits takes some time. I only own one true warrior look and that thing looks absolutely hilarious. I rather gear medium and light armor classes so they look like heavy armors. What kind of style are you looking for in particular? Keywords? Pictures? Characters from series/movies/games?

• Like 2

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:Heavy Armor leggings without a skrit:

Note: Most of the skins have been added recently. The problem is known, so more leggings without skirts were added.

Heavy Armor leggings without a real skirt:

Creating outfits takes some time. I only own one true warrior look and that thing looks absolutely hilarious. I rather gear medium and light armor classes so they look like heavy armors. What kind of style are you looking for in particular? Keywords? Pictures? Characters from series/movies/games?

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have a look at them.

As for style some of my favourite game outfits/armours come from an old MMO called Vindictus. The Deadwind set for kai is one of my favourite armour. I don't have any of the screenshots of my old characters but I would always find very good combination of armour in that game.

I remember Vindictus, the one with the special physics engine for female characters. That Deathwind Set looks a bit weird with the colors and that helmet. I'll give it a try

! VsLzeha.jpg! Heavy Plate Helm! Grasping Dead Pauldrons! Inquest Breastplate! Barbaric Gloves! Priory's Historical Tassets! Whisper's Secret GreavesCopying the exact armor is difficult. Especially as I focused only on gear that is easy to acquire = no gemstore stuff and no too long quest-lines. You never really meet the quality of the original, but it is a good inspiration.

This is an armor-look I created after experimenting a little with the one above. It uses some elements, but also tries to find a line of continuity so it does not look like randomly bodged together.

[EDIT] @"firedragon.8953"The skinny armors also exist, but only for females. It is actually easier to get that look while trying on medium armor classes :S.

An armor combination that gets pretty close would be this

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Everything is subjective of course, but class/gender also play a role. I once tried to make a male Sylvari character, and noticed that no matter what armor weight he showed, he always looked chubby. Like even in heavy armor, wearing a chainmail shirt, it looks like he should switch to Light Beer or something. So I made my teef a female Sylvari instead.

I really enjoy all my character's looks, but my top favorites are both Heavy Armor, so it definitely can be done.

What I find truly sucky is medium armor: most of them are either buttcapes (looks good on Ranger, bad on Thief) or what looks like chain/plate armor, only at the medium weight (WvW/PvP armor, Runic armor, etc)

• Like 1

@"Gnomeo.1493" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heavy_Houndskin_Mantle

Try this shoulder :)

Oh that's nice! It may be a while before I get into LWS3 to try to get it though. Something to look forward to.

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:The skinny armors also exist, but only for females. It is actually easier to get that look while trying on medium armor classes :S.

An armor combination that gets pretty close would be this

!
MGlvrdZ.jpg
!
!
!

Yeah Primeval can still get close, but still seems to have a "micro skirt", which I think can be worse in some cases than the normal skirts, on a male norn anyway because it makes the thighs look extra chunky, haha. But I actually really do like the design of the Primeval armor, well, the inlay design of the chest and leggings but not so much the pauldrons which are comically large and the gloves with somewhat fuzzy-looking bone textures. Priory Historical Tassets seem to be the easiest to get that sleek non-skirt look in my opinion.

I wish there were more armors that wouldn't make my norn female character look like a damn can (most of the armor pieces look like someone sculpted in metal without knowing what they're doing). I wish for more cloth, but not the kind that behaves like a sheet of metal. Actual cloth. It's probably one of the few aspects of this game that I really dislike - lack of nice looking armor sets. Even with outfits, they always seem to screw something up - an entire outfit is nice, but they have to make the shoulders like a titanic so that it would be ruined.

• Like 1

They are obsessed with buttcapes/flaps/skirts/insert literally anything that isn't normal looking armor.

I feel you especially as heavy armor, it just sucks bad.

I made a thread a while back about it, and searched a ton of topics, I am 100% sure they are aware but just don't care cuz its their style they want.I expect more of the same, they really hate normal armor.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Heavy Armor is absolutely disgusting and not to mention, there's way too many skirt/dress like leggings for all armor weights.  Also, I don't know why they made "outfits" instead of armor pieces like they used to do.  The mixing and matching in this game is not that great and could have been.

😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

Armor system is pewp and needs a lot of work~ (medium more than anything).

Medium needs shirts and buttcapeless tops like Light and Heavy got.

Light and Heavy need more pants like Medium got.

Wish they'd just bring back armor mixing (used to exist in preview window only and showed perfectly fine combinations of light/medium/heavy mixed together; plenty of things didn't clip especially when no buttcape was involved).

Still embarassing that ESO did it years ago and Anet still hasn't. 

PS: if you're not human then the armor system is even worse for you.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 7

I bought the elementalist outfit with gems. It would be nice if we could use other armor types as skins though. Cloth and Medium armors are so much better looking overall. If my rev can wear elementalist gemstore outfit I see no reason why she can't wear the appearance of cloth/leather armors found in-game. There's really no excuse.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The heavy armor designs are my least favorite. I’d love something like the sleek design linked earlier.

I use a couple of the open torso pieces on my Sylvari characters. I think one’s called pit fighter… the one that’s essentially straps? And another that just covers shoulders. The goal is to show the bioluminescence.

I struggle with the leg pieces though, because most skins have a huge amount of bulk around the waist and hips. It looks really odd with a mostly bare torso.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3

On 6/3/2020 at 3:51 AM, Mortifera.6138 said:

It’s subjective, silly.

Indeed, I am more happy with the heavy armor skins than the light armor skins for example. That's why I put a lot of my characters with light armor in outfits, cause I can't come up with enough combinations that I really like.

Having said that, some of the comments about heavy armor are definitely true. When you mix and match especially there's not a whole lot that matches and that goes for all 3 armor types, just a bit less for heavy armor for me.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1