[Survey] Worst class in the game after last patch?

Deadlysword.2718

You should put PvP in the title since it is obvious many people voted without looking at your post.I main ranger and it does not feel great in WvW. I barely play this game mode my ranking will be made with sPvP in mind. I tried to look at the variety of builds and their viability :

S tier : Strong in any situation

• Revenant : Without a doubt the strongest professions right now. No matter the role (pDps, cDps, support [not healer but boons / cc]) and the spec chosen, it performs extremely well.

A Tier : Strong choice and beneficial for the team

• Guardian : Really strong one. Good abililty to support and good damage. I see a bit of everything, core support / dps, dh tank / dps (dh being less viable than other specs outside of solo queue), fb support / dps. But they lack physical damage builds, everything has condi.
  • Thief : I think because of the nature of thief it will always perform well in conquest or be so bad it will not be considered by anyone. A good +1 / mobility or pressure.
  • Necro : It does perform well now. Strong on core, decent-good on reaper. And scourge? Well not so strong right now but seems to have a tanky version that “maybe” could be good in the future.

B : Decent - good but more limited

• Engineer : Honestly all is on holo. Still really strong spec which alone is definitely A. I sometimes see core do well but that s still not a thing and scrapper is also weird.
  • Elementalist : I find ele hard to rank. It can be impactful or just ok so maybe B+ or A -? Strong teamfight presence on tempest and I find weaver still doing good when I see them. Core always has weird builds, tank or full burst.
  • Ranger : Ranger has a lot of builds running around. Probably one of the professions with the highest amount of “decent - good” builds (too many solo / sidenoder if you ask me). But none of them have a high performance right now.

C : Sometimes?

• Mesmer : Some burst on power core or condi mirage buuuuut not performing well. Most of the other specs can eat the damage, the builds are squishy.
  • Warrior : Sometimes you see core burst, sometimes you see a full cc spellbreaker. It seems to be an annoyance but not shining. (I think they were wrong to add extra daze on full counter especially if they want to give buffs in the future)

Medium armor main here. (play all 3 classes, but Ranger most)Warrior is bad, but at least it does have a few builds that work. Mes is just the worst right now. Both Elite specs gutted. I liked chrono the way it was, it wasn't op, it felt like it was in a good place (wvw and pve wise), it could be beat, but no haha f*ck you, gutted. Mirage needed changes, but this change was just nuclear. Give them the doubld dodge back and nerf endurance regen or mirror duration.

ez,in low tier, it's mesmer worst,in high tier it's warrior worst.

low tier there's also a limitation of skill, mesmer is more skill demanding, thus making a not so good class worsehigh tier, the skill is not a problem, so only class itself becomes the problem, so warrior the worst.

so if being on topic, what's the worst class since update, it's warrior.also in the recent pvp MoTA tournament, mesmer is played, but 0 warrior which further validate my point

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Shiyo.3578" said:Nerf ranger, holosmith, and rev sustain traits by 50% then see what happens. Do not buff warrior or mesmer.

Kinda but gets to a point where nerfing classes down to a point starts making them feel like gbage to play.

Why would it feel like garbage to not insane mobility, damage AND sustain on ranger/holo/rev? You shouldn't have all 3 at such extreme levels. Basically having 5 stars in everything is not "balanced".It's also not just sustain, all 3 classes just run around with perma prot or perma resistance in condi revs case which is stupid.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:Nerf ranger, holosmith, and rev sustain traits by 50% then see what happens. Do not buff warrior or mesmer.

Kinda but gets to a point where nerfing classes down to a point starts making them feel like gbage to play.

Why would it feel like garbage to not insane mobility, damage AND sustain on ranger/holo/rev? You shouldn't have all 3 at such extreme levels. Basically having 5 stars in everything is not "balanced".It's also not just sustain, all 3 classes just run around with perma prot or perma resistance in condi revs case which is stupid.

Cuz at one point ull just be nerfing things that were effective to the point their not which is what anet tends to do hence all the nerfed/unused traits etc the games plagued with now. Not only that it's way to narrow minded to think a classes issue can always be fixed by nerfing others.

For WvW/PvP it's probably mesmer. Unless you play core power shatter which is really gimmicky and has no sustain you don't have many options.Core condi basically doesn't have burst because there's no ambushes and for WvW it's useless to run long ramp time conditions. The reason you run scourges is for corruption/barrier more so than the conditions.Chrono can't shatter without clones: what this means it is worse than core mesmer defensively. Wells are useless for the most part , except gravity well is used for heavy CC. Even in PvE, mesmer wells have always been highly unreliable. If you run condi chrono, then short of making some bunker chrono scepter type of build then you will still rely on utilities or clone on dodge for clones.Mirage has one dodge and doesn't even dodge properly when you think about it. If you needed to double dodge through AoE you're still going to be in it. That's why jaunt is run. Without clones the damage really isn't amazing.

Also because thieves were given shadow portal, mesmers aren't needed as much for portal ; sneak gyro is much better than mass invisibility oftentimes.

As long as ranger and holosmith are A+ in Mobility|Burst|Sustain and thief still hard counters mesmers there's no reason to play anything but ranger/holo/rev/thief/necro + fb or tempest support. Mesmer and warrior get left under the bus due to how overpowered holosmith and ranger are, on top of how thief just eats mesmer alive with zero effort.

Rev also is far too tanky as all of it's specs for having thief-like mobility and burst or near immunity to conditions and sustain. At least rev has to pick "sustain or mobility/burst" - unlike ranger and holo which get it all at once.

I think it's time to make a chart of class "Strengths", call it Mobility|CC|Burst|Sustain|Support and take a long hard look at where every class fits in there, and try not to create classes like holo and ranger which are A+ in 3 things at once. Give classes, at most, TWO things A+ and the rest C-F.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Makuragee.3058 said:I dont know about other class but in pve and wvw engineer feal weak

Why would you vote on a thread like this if you dont have any other experience with other classes? lmao

Because I can :smiley:

Funny since Scrapper is Meta in WvW

After sometime in WvW yeah I must say you right scrapper aint bad at all, in this game mode.

Voted Warrior. Either other classes are way too strong or Warrior is simply overnerfed. A lot of rework is in need here.A close second here would be mesmer;Chrono lost its ability to shatter witouth clones (making it very clunky to play) and mirage, tough fine in pve, in pvp and wvw it only has 1 dodge. I mean, yes, sure, 1 dodge...(core is still core...)I think Anet is extremist and somewhat weirdly lazy when they "fix" classes.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Josiah.2967 said:I went with necromancer because reaper is bad in all end game content and nothing Necromancer has is good for end game PVE.

I see scourges being pretty requested for strike missions.

Scourage res is good for beginner groups that die a lot. That is its saving grace, and even with that, other support specs are better for an organized group. Necro doesn't have a top DPS end game PVE spec.

Speaking of: Mesmer is the it DPS spec and it Tank for endgame PVE.

I agree with most comments about warrior being awful right now, but I have to also admit that 2 good healing/support shout spellbreakers can easily be the decision of win or lose in WvW zergfights.

How ANet managed to make this class so broken that it is either completely useless or completely essential is beyond me.

Agreed with mesmer, but warrior is actually still good..ive done some 3v3 with a warrior as thief, and he was owning ppl.Warrior still does dmg in pvp, s/d power thief doesnt however!For me it’s mesmer and s/d power thief.

For PvP and WvW, Mesmer just seems like a mess right now. Both elite specs were gradually chipped away at over the years and so the sudden introduction of "trade-offs" to not just the fundamentals of Mesmer but also core gameplay mechanics (cya double dodge Mirage) meant there was actually nothing left to prop these two specs up. They are redundant specs and core Mesmer itself is just a poor man's Thief so...yeah, not great for this class at present.