IT FINALLY HAPPENED

I was in Drizzlewood Coast, finished an event needed to clear my inventory and was selling on the trading post... and then this item I was selling came for over 300g.

I'm like is this sorcery... oh just my first ever precursor drop!!!

Looks like i'm crafting frostfang people.

Congratulations! : )In my case: 5k+ hours ingame, playing since GW2 beta, not a single precursor xD Have Ascended gear now, so I dont care about Legendaries anymore anyway.

Hope you are playing with class using Axe, so you will be able to enjoy your Frostfang. Have fun and enjoy!

Now that we're talking about lucky precursor drops. I got 3 within a month span.

First one was Leaf of Kudzu, I decided to throw 8 exotic weapons on the mystic forge and got it, note that I never throw exotics and this might have been the second time I ever did.Second one was Zap when I was doing Crucible of Eternity explorable, realized I had it in my inventory after finishing all 3 paths.Third one was The Hunter doing my daily CM + T4 fractal run, I realized I got it when I was cleaning inventory in the observatory before finishing all T4s.

Congrats!!

The first precursor I got was The Lover when I was crafting The Dreamer... it took me over 1600 rare bows in the mystic forge (I was like "well, I already spent so much gold, I'm bound to get it soon..." I did not, when I finally got it I cried more out of relief than happiness) XD

That was back in 2013 I think, since then I've had Chaos Gun drop in WvW from a random player. Other than that I've only had precursors from Mystic Forging, they really do have a low drop rate and I'm glad they made them craftable. The feeling of getting it drop though... it's amazing :D