Patch Notes posted in Profession Forums

I mean sry but buffing anything that can be used by Holos is just plain stupid atm. Same for Necro but ty for the free no brain needed Top 10 title next season i guess. The teleport changes for Rev are just stupid, make them useless pretty much, and why Thief teleports are not ruined too? Inconsistent nonsense once again. And the Rev teleports where not the issue. Condirev doesn't even use most of them. Another bad change makes another class unnecessary clunky and destroys gameplay flow (ignore my writing about Rev ports in case i missunderstood them and it rly is only qol improvment and they will still work through walls).

What is needed instead, are insane sustain reductions on Condirev, Necros and even Eles and maybe some others (DH bunker). Some dmg reduction on grenates and a look at explosive traitline for Holo, sure no defensive buffs for Engi (shield is good enough already). Dmg reduction on Lich. Nothing else. Except for Mesmer elites nothing needs buffs at this point, not even Warrior. A nerf to the broken stuff like Condirev would have been enough to bring him back.

Grats to Chrono players, at least they admitted this nonsense and changed it. Hf Mirage players to fight vs stronger classes with more sustain and more dmg with still only one dodge.

@bravan.3876 said:I mean sry but buffing anything that can be used by Holos is just plain stupid atm. Same for Necro but ty for the free no brain needed Top 10 title next season i guess. The teleport changes for Rev are just stupid, make them useless pretty much, and why Thief teleports are not ruined too? Inconsistent nonsense once again. And the Rev teleports where not the issue. Condirev doesn't even use most of them. Another bad change makes another class unnecessary clunky and destroys gameplay flow.

What is needed instead, are insane sustain reductions on Condirev, Necros and even Eles and maybe soem others (DH bunker). Some dmg reduction on grenates and a look at explosive traitline for Holo, sure no defensive buffs for Engi (shield is good enough already). Nothing else. Except for Mesmer elites nothing needs buffs at this point, not even Warrior. A nerf to the broken stuff like Condirev would have been enough to bring him back.

Grats to Chrono players, at least they aditted this nonsense and changed it. Hf Mirage players to fight vs stronger classes with more sustain and more dmg with still only one dodge.

dont worry, im fucking otta here xdMirage Retreat: This skill no longer breaks enemy targetingthx fucking god I wont be abusing this skill anymore, think of the children

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@bravan.3876 said:I mean sry but buffing anything that can be used by Holos is just plain stupid atm. Same for Necro but ty for the free no brain needed Top 10 title next season i guess. The teleport changes for Rev are just stupid, make them useless pretty much, and why Thief teleports are not ruined too? Inconsistent nonsense once again. And the Rev teleports where not the issue. Condirev doesn't even use most of them. Another bad change makes another class unnecessary clunky and destroys gameplay flow.

What is needed instead, are insane sustain reductions on Condirev, Necros and even Eles and maybe soem others (DH bunker). Some dmg reduction on grenates and a look at explosive traitline for Holo, sure no defensive buffs for Engi (shield is good enough already). Nothing else. Except for Mesmer elites nothing needs buffs at this point, not even Warrior. A nerf to the broken stuff like Condirev would have been enough to bring him back.

Grats to Chrono players, at least they aditted this nonsense and changed it. Hf Mirage players to fight vs stronger classes with more sustain and more dmg with still only one dodge.

dont worry, im kitten otta here xdMirage Retreat: This skill no longer breaks enemy targetingthx kitten god I wont be abusing this skill anymore, think of the children

Yes the Mirage utilities rly needed those changes. They were used all over the place. Good Anet spend time for important stuff finally. Just play Holo and Necro, ez win.

“Mirage Retreat: This skill no longer breaks enemy targeting.“

Lol what? Was that it?

Did they forget to include a “ Mirage Advance: Cast time reduced to 0 from 3/4.” Or something? Or is A-net just that far out of touch where they think nerfing an underperforming skill “improves usability”?

Not that that any of this does much to fix the usability, but it would have been a more worth while tool.

buff engi some more so it's on its way to become Anet's next favorite pet class alongside guardian and rev, barely touching condi rev while buffing everything else rev has, and bringing back the cancer known as scourge. It's good to know that COVID-19 is here to kill the game some more lmao

@bravan.3876 said:

dont worry, im kitten otta here xdMirage Retreat: This skill no longer breaks enemy targetingthx kitten god I wont be abusing this skill anymore, think of the children

Yes the Mirage utilities rly needed those changes. They were used all over the place. Good Anet spend time for important stuff finally. Just play Holo and Necro, ez win.

Crystal Sands: Reduced the aftercast by 0.4 seconds. Increased projectile speed such that mirror now forms 0.25 seconds faster.what a nice change.too bad this skill never lands, and I dont mean people dodge it. For 10min I have tried to hit golem with this skill and I was unable to land it fully, maybe thats the issue stay tunned for the next patch in 7 months.

@bravan.3876 said:The teleport changes for Rev are just stupid, make them useless pretty much, and why Thief teleports are not ruined too? Inconsistent nonsense once again.

I think the teleport change to rev is a buff because it sounds like it means the port skill wont go on cd now if you use it on an enemy on no port spots instead of being unable cast them on a target out of range LOL

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@bravan.3876 said:I want more nerfs to other professions, I should haven't to put effort killing other classes , gratz on the buffs to Chrono..but I still need my condi mirage staff cheese back

What the post really says

You don't know anything, i was the first calling for CI nerfs and a rework to condi ambushes. I am a multiclass player and play Holo and Necro mostly for longer already, i could be happy but i want a skillful game not this braindead clownfiesta we have since years. And Anet literally buffs classes already op or nerf the wrong things like Rev teleports. If you are happy with current state and this balance plans you are the one happy with being carried.

@bravan.3876 said:

@bravan.3876 said:I want more nerfs to other professions, I should haven't to put effort killing other classes , gratz on the buffs to Chrono..but I still need my condi mirage staff cheese back

You don't know anything, i was the first calling for CI nerfs and a rework to condi ambushes. I am a multiclass player and play Holo and Necro mostly for longer already, i could be happy but i want a skillful game not this braindead clownfiesta we have since years. And Anet literally buffs classes already op or nerf the wrong things like Rev teleports. If you are happy with current state and this balance plans you are the one happy with being carried.

I can't speak openly but....those professions that keep getting buffed are played by well known individuals and..you're smart and you can figure it out the rest yourself, complaining at this point is completely meaningless

What is needed instead, are insane sustain reductions on Condirev, Necros and even Eles and maybe some others (DH bunker). Some dmg reduction on grenates and a look at explosive traitline for Holo, sure no defensive buffs for Engi (shield is good enough already). Dmg reduction on Lich. Nothing else. Except for Mesmer elites nothing needs buffs at this point, not even Warrior. A nerf to the broken stuff like Condirev would have been enough to bring him back.

You misinterpret the Rev port changes, this will be a very nice quality of life change for them. Basically for every other classes targeted port skills (blink, lightning flash, steal, judges intervention, etc.) If you try to use them without a valid path you just get a message saying no valid path and they don't go on cool down. For Rev currently if you try to use a port with a non valid path it goes on full cool down and consumes full energy cost. This change just gives Rev the same quality of life the other classes with ports have had for years and is greatly appreciated.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

You misinterpret the Rev port changes, this will be a very nice quality of life change for them. Basically for every other classes targeted port skills (blink, lightning flash, steal, judges intervention, etc.) If you try to use them without a valid path you just get a message saying no valid path and they don't go on cool down. For Rev currently if you try to use a port with a non valid path it goes on full cool down and consumes full energy cost. This change just gives Rev the same quality of life the other classes with ports have had for years and is greatly appreciated.

If it rly is only that, then i am ok with it, but i am afraid, that it means you cannot port through walls anymore.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I can't speak openly but....those professions that keep getting buffed are played by
well known individuals
and..you're smart and you can figure it out the rest yourself, complaining at this point is completely meaningless

Yes ofc i know, that is why i stopped writing any constructive wall of text post in this forum.

Get ready for a super oppressive engie time boys. Holos needed major shaving, but instead the prof just got more toys! Nades kit not nerfed enough.

Really good, and needed, changes on Malyx. This is one season late though.

Some other fairly random stuff. WvW zerg meta went back to the dark ages, if anyone cares.

I'll take any druid buffs at this point, but it's not nearly enough. They're obviously just pushing its weaksauce support capabilities, when in reality the spec needs significant reworks and more access to condis in general.

Some top level players ratted out the Poison Master Soulbeast build, so my favorite build ate some fairly unnecessary nerfs on Viper's Nest. It may have been strong on the side-node, and they just couldn't take it I guess. Might just switch to fire trap now.

Overall I'd say 7/10 balance patch. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

@LazySummer.2568 said:buff engi some more so it's on its way to become Anet's next favorite pet class alongside guardian and rev, barely touching condi rev while buffing everything else rev has, and bringing back the cancer known as scourge. It's good to know that COVID-19 is here to kill the game some more lmao

Malyx ate a lot of nerfs. It has a lot less sustain now. It just needed a bit of a shave. I don't think you understand the changes too well.

Well, Im glad they didnt nerf grenade kit too much, or made a lot of changes that hurt Core Engineer over Holo. However, I am rather confused why theyre buffing shield. Only holo can use shield, core engineer is stuck with rifle, and Holo is already good enough to not need buffs, so what was the point? Also, why keep the pistol condi buff only to PvE, its not like condi engineer is even remotely playable. F5 buffs for core are nice, but Im not sure why Orbital Bombardment took a damage loss.

Otherwise, meh, dont really care for the changes. Probably more thief nerfs they havent posted yet that ultimately dont matter because as long as thief has Shortbow 5, it will be good. Mesmer is probably still unviable, Warrior is definitely still unviable. At least Breaching Strikes buff is nice. This patch needed to reintroduce a lot of damage everywhere, and it failed. So guess its back to sidenoders fighting each other with pool noodles trying to get the other off the point through knockback.

(Generally speaking)

The Good:Elementalist: For creating interesting new trait functionalities and nerfing invuln skills,Revenant: For dealing with teleportsWarrior: For being bold with the numbers and targeting little-used weapons

The Bad:Engineer: For buffing the already over-bearing CCNecromancer: For reverting the shade activation changeMesmer: For reverting the shatter-self change

The meh: Guardian, Ranger

As usual, 1 step forward 1 step back

Good changes

• Condi Rev's sustain finally gets nerfed, good job. I hope it's enough so other side noders see some play again.
  • Condi Thief gets nerfed a little more. If this change means you can use repeater only twice... Probably there is more missing from the preview.
  • Spellbreaker gets more condi cleanse.
  • Berserker buffs look pretty decent.
  • Druid changes are alright.
  • Scrapper reworks look very strong.
  • Tempest sustain is nerfed a little and they fixed the res glyph interrupt bug. I still dislike shocking aura and tornado CCs.
  • Chrono may be usable again.

Disappoinments

• Holo: No significant nerfs to grenade kit and the explosives trait line. Instead they buffed/reworked shield. I hope the nerfs come in a hot fix... edit: On second thought I believe we're missing a few notes here that were probably lost in translation. There's no way CMC nerfs shrapnel grenade but keeps grenade barrage and the autoattack as is.
  • Ranger: No nerfs to sustain. "Protect me!" finally needs a nerf to barrier!
  • Warrior: Still bad, probably.
  • Rev: Staff #5 still clunky.
  • Scourge is back. This spec is awful for both PvP and WvW. Especially for WvW this change is insanity.
  • The 300 second passive traits weren't reworked.
  • No follow-up changes to the blanket no-damage-on-CC splits yet.

ConclusionAs far as reworks go this patch is decent enough. There will be some new builds coming out of this. Although I would have preferred Scourge remaining in the gutter.Condi Rev finally gets the nerfs it deserved for months. Condi Thief hopefully gets a few more changes than were previewed. Explosives grenade kit Holo still needs a few nerfs asap.This patch is a small step in the right direction for PvP. But I'm still eagerly awaiting a thorough follow-up patch to the 20 damage even on elite skills with CC and a rework of the traits that were practically removed with a 300 second cooldown.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@"bravan.3876" said:I mean sry but buffing anything that can be used by Holos is just plain stupid atm. Same for Necro but ty for the free no brain needed Top 10 title next season i guess. The teleport changes for Rev are just stupid, make them useless pretty much, and why Thief teleports are not ruined too? Inconsistent nonsense once again. And the Rev teleports where not the issue. Condirev doesn't even use most of them. Another bad change makes another class unnecessary clunky and destroys gameplay flow.

You misinterpret the Rev port changes, this will be a very nice quality of life change for them. Basically for every other classes targeted port skills (blink, lightning flash, steal, judges intervention, etc.) If you try to use them without a valid path you just get a message saying no valid path and they don't go on cool down. For Rev currently if you try to use a port with a non valid path it goes on full cool down and consumes full energy cost. This change just gives Rev the same quality of life the other classes with ports have had for years and is greatly appreciated.For me, it is an unnecessary buff which just increases the noob-friendly aspect of rev.
  • Before: If you try to tp to target standing on a no port spot. You will get punished by that poor decision (or spam whatever is up freakiness)
  • Now: you don t have to care anymore. There is no downside by using it, so just use it!

It was like they added a "hit check" for all skills. Something like "If your skill is going to miss because of range, los, blind, block, invul, stealth, barrier or damage to heal converters, your skill will automatically be cancelled to save your cooldown.