STOP buffing necro in wvw

senki.1046

Can you please stop buffing necro in wvw? Like give other dps classes a chance to join a squad. Now wvw will be plagued with scourges all over the place. It will be an aoe boredom sneeze fest again in wvw, red circles everywhere with faster cooldowns. WVW is the only game mode i'm interested and why you devs don't know how to handle the classes properly in wvw? Come on please don't add the necro buffs in wvw. Make them for PVP and PVE only.

@"Linken.6345" said:How were the necro buffed and when?

Shade Skills: These have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.

Blood Bank: This new trait replaces Vampiric Rituals in the Blood Magic grandmaster slot. It causes healing over your maximum health amount to be converted into barrier. Regeneration effects do not trigger this trait.

Well of Corruption: Reduced recharge from 40 seconds to 32 seconds.

Dread: This trait has been moved to the grandmaster slot previously occupied by Signets of Suffering, and it has been reworked. It now grants 5 seconds of quickness and 10 seconds of fury whenever the necromancer applies fear to an enemy, with a 3-second internal cooldown. Additionally, it reduces the recharge of Shroud skill 3 by 50% whenever an enemy is killed in PvE and PvP, and by 5% in WvW.

There's more buffs to necro but these are the main ones that effect the WvW meta directly as it is right now.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes_and_features/Game_updates/2020-07-07

@GummyBearSummoner.7941 said:Why do people get upset when necro finally gets something good?

Metabattle shows 6 builds in the WvW zerg meta as of now. One third of them (2 of 6) are Scourges. In a zerg of thirty, that could mean 12 Scourges dropping AoE at once. With the changes as reported by the OP, Scourge Shades will now produce 2 AOE's, not just 1. Whatever faults you may think Necromancer has in PvE, it was not disadvantaged in WvW, but is still being made more effective.

That said, the OP is incorrect in thinking that other classes which bring damage could replace the Scourge, anyway. The Scourge is there because without boon strip, the enemy zerg -- which is running as many boons as possible for as long as possible -- is very difficult to stop.

@senki.1046 said:Can you please stop buffing necro in wvw? Like give other dps classes a chance to join a squad. Now wvw will be plagued with scourges all over the place. It will be an aoe boredom sneeze fest again in wvw, red circles everywhere with faster cooldowns. WVW is the only game mode i'm interested and why you devs don't know how to handle the classes properly in wvw? Come on please don't add the necro buffs in wvw. Make them for PVP and PVE only.

A lot of classes are getting buffed and we haven't even seen the patch yet. It's silly to be afraid of a profession that is clearly still gonna be beatable in large and small scale. I'm just going to find builds that counter them and use those. I'm one of those that actually enjoys finding unique builds that counter the meta battle gang and it is 100% possible to do that. Maybe it's just me but it just looks bad when I see players just give up before that patch even comes, also seems like a forum display of low skill. IF you have trouble beating a particular build or profession, then change your build or gear. Maybe ask for advice from somebody who mains one or even play that build yourself that will always give you insight on how to beat another profession. Hope this helps for all those in despair. :) <3

I've been away for 2 months, but unless I'm misunderstanding, we're going back to buffing everything again?

Looks to me like all classes are getting pretty decent buffs, maybe with the exception of Thief getting basically nothing and Revenant getting mostly nerfs. Some classes are getting buffs that are reminiscent of changes made last year before they started bringing everything down to reduce the massive power creep. Like why is Mending going to remove more conditions, for example?

On the subject of Necro though, Wells do look like they could be pretty nasty with the reduced cooldowns and Signet of Vampirism has potential to be pretty good as well. I'd say I'm sad to see Dread reworked the way it has been but ever since the nerf some time ago to Vulnerability stacks and the cast time added to Doom, I don't really care what they do to this trait anymore.

I definitely don't understand it. Necro's been in a pretty good spot outside of the durability on core shroud with BM, and scourge is as usual performing extremely well.

I was thinking recently how interesting it'd be if necro didn't have wells being such a dominant aspect of their class that contributes further to why they're insane in WvW blobs and crappy in other environments. And how much fun they are to play without those utilities.

Apparently we've gotta buff the stuff that's already good lol.

The SotL changes are nice, but I'm really not seeing the wells and scourge changes. They should make those two PvE-only and be done with it.

@Sovereign.1093 said:This is why there's a need for test servers

In case you haven't noticed, there are test servers ... already! At ANet they are simply called live servers.In other words, servers on which you actually play. Problem solved, no? :)

Joking aside, there are test servers, but they are not accessible to the general public or anyone else.Apart from a few ArenaNet partners or/and content creators. Has nothing to do with testing skills and abilities, though.

In the twitch stream yesterday CmC admitted the shade change had a bit of an oversite and they didn't tweak target caps so it will be hot fixed probably the same week.

Love how people bitch about scourge yet when players ask what to play in wvw people point them to uhhhh oh yea SCOURGE. Even on these boards hurr durr play scourge ez and still 9 out of 10 you see in zergs can't dps for shit. You guys are a riot.

Also in the stream he also mentioned dragon banner nerf, siege damage, and warclaw(finally).

@Metzie.3012 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:This is why there's a need for test servers

In case you haven't noticed, there are test servers ... already! At ANet they are simply called live servers.In other words, servers on which you actually play. Problem solved, no? :)

Joking aside, there are test servers, but they are not accessible to the general public or anyone else.Apart from a few ArenaNet partners or/and content creators. Has nothing to do with testing skills and abilities, though.

With limited resources, it's why we experiment with a sample size versus everything. :3.

I understand your joke, it's just cost intensive. Although I did support that years ago as I supported one up one down. It's one of my regrets and I accept I was wrong.

∆<

But im glad on the necro change. Hue hue

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:its ok guys. its time to all hold hands and not push each other on the play ground cuz that would rock the pirate ship. melee are bullies so lets all range it up cuz less dps so everyone can get credit for this meta event fest.

Range only combats makes less lag i guess?Its more low effort combat.Creates less fights but enforces blob vs small groups due how easy will farm them, faster than before.Creates less ticks on server side?

Combat gw2 fixed.

expect 2x the amount of scourges we already have.

@nomak.8693 said:What is OP smoking? The Necro class has been getting nerfs after nerfs for past year and now finally gets something good, something that already had actually and ppl cry about it? Lol.

i think you are smoking something here. cause necro is already too powerful in wvw squad fights. look at squads, they consist of at least 40% necros. this is surely not balanced. and they deal already most dps without the buffs.