Summit1g streaming gw2

Omg summit1g is streaming gw2 now! He will have over 10k viewers, thats more than gw2 has player online. So anet, please take the opportunity and dont kitten up the servers. And dont let bots and hackers play vs him or he will be gone.This is the chance to revive gw2

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a big streamer and will put eyes on gw2 at least(which will probably get anet some sales but nothing beyond that...).He's trying gw2 after getting a little tired of eso, which he has been playing the last month to so, and had a rough time in it's rvr yesterday.Hope he stays to try out all the end game areas.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@senki.1046 said:He will have over 10k viewers, thats more than gw2 has player online.

Excuse me? :o Where did you get those numbers from?

Out of thin air. GW2efficiency shows 43,212 accounts have finished two story missions of the new episode that came out less than a week ago, and GW2efficiency only tracks 264,476 accounts for a game that sold millions.

No way to tell what the consecutive players online number is, but it's bound to be way more than 10k when at least 8642 players a day on average were playing the new story alone, and that doesn't even account for PvP or WvW, which would push it to over 10k alone, or the hundreds/thousands of players in lower level zones, or even people playing on multiple RIBA maps.

I think it's widely already agreed that GW2's biggest problem is a lack of proper advertisement, or lack of any advertisement in general as that matters.It does seem that they try to focus on Veteran players rather than new by trying to keep them longer rather then inciting other people to try the game.I don't know how much GW2 earns ANET and if they are in any position to do so, but paying a couple of streamers/youtubers to play the game, especially ones that usually don't play these sort of games(Meaning their fanbase most likely doesn't know of GW2) is a very good form of pushing the game on new people and racking some revenue.

So, basically, pay a lot of attention to them, quite possibly drum up the trolls, and have this whole thing backfire? I'm sorry, but telling someone not to mess things up to a forum is kinda... counter-productive. I would let their fame precede them, as opposed to raising unnecessary attention. I know that sounds negative, but I'm kind of a negative person so.

@Tsakhi.8124 said:So, basically, pay a lot of attention to them, quite possibly drum up the trolls, and have this whole thing backfire? I'm sorry, but telling someone not to mess things up to a forum is kinda... counter-productive. I would let their fame precede them, as opposed to raising unnecessary attention. I know that sounds negative, but I'm kind of a negative person so.

GW2 is one of the least grief, friendly games. What could potential trolls do other than chat spam?How is that not worth getting a huge influx of actual new players?

Besides this was just one idea, plenty of other stuff they can do that hasn't been done.

@DaniTheHero.6318 said:

@Tsakhi.8124 said:So, basically, pay a lot of attention to them, quite possibly drum up the trolls, and have this whole thing backfire? I'm sorry, but telling someone not to mess things up to a forum is kinda... counter-productive. I would let their fame precede them, as opposed to raising unnecessary attention. I know that sounds negative, but I'm kind of a negative person so.

GW2 is one of the least grief, friendly games. What could potential trolls do other than chat spam?How is that not worth getting a huge influx of actual new players?

Besides this was just one idea, plenty of other stuff they can do that hasn't been done.

Call their bot friends and screw things up? Again, I know it's negative, but let's face it: if they go into PvP and run into bots, their whole experience in that regard will be colored negatively. It may be a friendly game, but it is by no means perfect. It's good to have attention, bad if it's directed negatively from the beginning. As I said, I'm a very negative person. I wish I could be as positive and sweet as you are.

@Tsakhi.8124 said:

Call their bot friends and screw things up? Again, I know it's negative, but let's face it: if they go into PvP and run into bots, their whole experience in that regard will be colored negatively. It may be a friendly game, but it is by no means perfect. It's good to have attention, bad if it's directed negatively from the beginning. As I said, I'm a very negative person. I wish I could be as positive and sweet as you are.

I suppose PVP could be trolled but not PVE.

Well maybe, if players spent some time helping, explaining and showing off the positive aspects of Guild Wars 2, instead of wanting their 15 seconds of "fame", this could turn into a net benefit for the game.

Then again, those 15 seconds are so precious to some...

To all defeatist personalities: Just let streamers enjoy your game!What's with all the "he won't stream it for long", "GW2 has boring new player experience", "wait until he finds out mount skins are gem-store only!"???Don't you love your game? Why are you on these forums?

There's never been a better time to spread the word around and spread the fact that (in game at least) we are a very positive community!Do us proud!