What unnecessary mechanics would you include in the game?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kharmin.7683 said:

@coso.9173 said:Anything that adds to the depth, and lore of the world.Fishing, housing, some sort of activity that teaches us about the story and lore of each placeI'm at a loss to understand how fishing and/or housing would really add to the story/lore of GW2

any extra interaction with the world adds to its lore. and depending on the system, it could help to deepen the world. for example talking about the different kinds of fish and different seas/lakes/rivers can add to lore aswell, same for house decorations, if we can have books, or other things related to stories, myths, legends, past battles, etc.

@"Ototo.3214" said:Oh, almost forgot, on the topic of home instance things I've also always wanted them to add some sort of library type thing somewhere, where you can store all those books you get from various places. I always feel bad deleting them but I also dont want them eating inventory space. Was thinking it could kinda function like how you can put the books back in the Astralarium in Istan.

I'm begging for a Lore tab somewhere. It'd help so much with the lore-item inventory bloat.

• -Main wish is a full revamp of the character select screen, though I consider that under the "necessary" category, or at least "massive QoL".
  • -

More on topic, an Emote Library of some sort, especially now that they've been introduced as rewards. Tells the player the commands and provided clickable buttons to execute, but also how to earn them. :)

• 4 months later...

A permanent Total Makeover Kit.

Would make available all NPC emotes and armor that are for the playable races.

Dye channels to weapons and some old back items.

Dye channels to ... skill effects (like having an elementalist with red lightning or something).

A gem store bundle toy that allows you to costume brawl... as your profession, enabling a pseudo, playful way to PvP in PvE.

Cliff edge grabbing and pull up Mastery.

The ability to knock trash mobs off cliffs and have them die to falling damage.

... Stuff.

When you vote kick someone out of your party, the person being kicked gets murdered in some map-relevant fashion. Example, if you're on Volcanic fractal and you're by the ledge, the four of you will all grab the last guy and throw him into the lava. The victims passives and skills are locked, dies, and is then removed from the group, and is chucked out of the fractal portal while dead.

@"Astyrah.4015" said:another pointless idea (because we have waypoints and mounts): public transportation. classic mmorpg feels. i enjoyed boat rides in ff11 and the airship rides in ragnarok online.

we can have an underground subway in kaineng city if it's big enough in gw2's representation ( since kaineng is supposed to cover nearly 1/3 of cantha https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Cantha_unexplored_map.jpg ).

There's a boat ride in Sandswept Isles. I'd like to see one in LA though they'd have to remove those bars under some of the bridges.