AC line of sight hack/exploit

spent 4 hrs getting bluebriar tiered., then blob hits gates but still manage to uuse invul and treb gate almost killing rams. Unfortunately a cheat on arrowcart outside the wall, not the gate, hits me. thought that was fixed Anet? But hey at least they had to use wussy tactics to beat a lone defender, shows what the server is comprised of.

What is cheating in arching arrows up in the air and make them land somewhere near?

This is the whole reason I use arrow carts to kill sieges in outmanned fights. Sure, a ballista is far more effective but as it requires line of sight it must be built someplace where it is immediately nuked by the enemy players below.

@"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:last time I checked arrowcarts did not require line of sight, and they could totally be fired at people behind the walls with the feature called "snap AoE indicator to current target". no hacks, no exploits, no cheats, just knowledge of game mechanics...

Rangers can do the same thing as well, and honestly, people who know how to do this have DPS builds slotted and in most cases ranger LB #5 hurts more than an actual AC.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:last time I checked arrowcarts did not require line of sight, and they could totally be fired at people behind the walls with the feature called "snap AoE indicator to current target". no hacks, no exploits, no cheats, just knowledge of game mechanics...

Rangers can do the same thing as well, and honestly, people who know how to do this have DPS builds slotted and in most cases ranger LB #5 hurts more than an actual AC.

Ah yes, Mukluk's infamous arrowcart ranger build :P (Tho probably he wasn't the first one who got or implemented the idea, just probably first of the big GW2 YT'ers who actually made a video on it.....)

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:last time I checked arrowcarts did not require line of sight, and they could totally be fired at people behind the walls with the feature called "snap AoE indicator to current target". no hacks, no exploits, no cheats, just knowledge of game mechanics...

Ah yes, Mukluk's infamous arrowcart ranger build :P (Tho probably he wasn't the first one who got or implemented the idea, just probably first of the big GW2 YT'ers who actually made a video on it.....)

I presume double lb quick draw?

@Justine.6351 said:I presume double lb quick draw?

if I recall correctly, yeah that was the core of the build, he had some more stuff in there, but overally it was all around glass cannony maximisation of barrage spamability (and staying out of troublesome places)

Compared to real arrow carts you hit less targets potentially, but harder, and you can be mobile outside of the casts

@"HazyDaisy.4107" said:Doesn't matter, I still report the guy on the ac and all the rangers when I get hit by barrage at the sup depot.

If these tactics weren't exploits, then these guys wouldn't ONLY use these tactics when in the company of a blob they can easily hide in.

Its literally the point of Arrow Carts, just as the point of bows is being able to gain arcing projectile height compared to firearms. They're intentionally designed this way as an alternative to the more direct means of attack.

The arrows are fired up in the sky and rain down on the enemy, I don't see why you think they'd need line of sight.

Targetting normally needs line of sight due to limitations of the game engine, but that's just targetting and has nothing to do with actually attacking. Did you know that a Ballista can hit enemies so far away you can't even select them?

"But that's an exploit too!" No, there's a mastery to increase its range to be able to do that.

Players need to try and understand the difference between exploits and tactics. Some things are unintended and definitely do get abused, like Thief jumping over fort gates using Vault, or Mesmers Blinking up cliffsides into keeps, but there's also alot of things about the game that were intentional, and reporting those instead of legitimate abuses ties up the support team and lets real exploiters roam free.

Here's how arrow cart line of sight works:DQerlNN.jpgYou got to think of it as 3 lines. 1st line is a distance above your cart, which is used to determine if a wall is too high to shoot over. 2nd line is the wall collision check. 3rd line is a ceiling/floor collision check. The blue Xs in the picture mark line collisions. The pink and green lines are the lines you should visualize when placing a cart down.

@Choppy.4183 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Doesn't matter, I still report the guy on the ac and all the rangers when I get hit by barrage at the sup depot.

If these tactics weren't exploits, then these guys wouldn't ONLY use these tactics when in the company of a blob they can easily hide in.

Wait...don't you play ranger? At least, I thought you did.

No, not for years anyway.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Doesn't matter, I still report the guy on the ac and all the rangers when I get hit by barrage at the sup depot.

Wait...don't you play ranger? At least, I thought you did.

No, not for years anyway.

So you missed this as it was an INTENTIONAL CHANGE:

From game release notes on May 8th, 2018: late release.

** Gray.6029Gaile Gray.6029May 8, 2018Late Notes: May 8, 2018

05/08/2018—May 8 Release Notes

Profession Skills

Ranger

Barrage: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight.Fanged Iboga—Consuming Bite: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from increasing its damage based on the number of conditions on the target.Canine—Crippling Leap (Soulbeast): Fixed a bug in which the displayed range of this skill was lower than intended.Canine—Brutal Charge (Soulbeast): Fixed a bug in which the displayed range of this skill was higher than intended.**

@DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:spent 4 hrs getting bluebriar tiered., then blob hits gates but still manage to uuse invul and treb gate almost killing rams. Unfortunately a cheat on arrowcart outside the wall, not the gate, hits me. thought that was fixed Anet? But hey at least they had to use wussy tactics to beat a lone defender, shows what the server is comprised of.

Arrow cart don't have line of sight

try getting all of your defensive siege taken out by a group of rangers, forgot what server they were on, my gate catapult in Bluebrier was in front of the supply hut and they managed to kill it. T3 Bluebrier, they killed all the siege under 5 minutes. Defender me can't even get on the wall to shot them with balista(s) i have many covering all sides, 5 barrage rangers ... that can shoot without line of sight.