Long range increasing damage makes no sense

@DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:Simply put the more the longer a projectile travels the more kinetic energy it loses. 1500 range should not be doing more damage then shorter ranges. Also the lighter armored classes should be more mobile then heavier armored, at times it seems that GW2 devs live in Bizarro World.

Ok lets play realism.

RandomNecromancer - Rise my minions.

Dead thing on floor - oozes and doesn't move

RandomNecromancer - I said Rise my minions...

Dead thing on floor - oozes and doesn't move whilst flies buzz all around it.

Realism, in a MMORPG, well it really doesn't have a place does it?

@DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:Simply put the more the longer a projectile travels the more kinetic energy it loses. 1500 range should not be doing more damage then shorter ranges. Also the lighter armored classes should be more mobile then heavier armored, at times it seems that GW2 devs live in Bizarro World.

Don’t run. Turn and fight... or die trying to escape me!

You're also not able to akimbo machine gun flint lock pistols or swing 200lbs of steel like a maple baseball bat

I'm pretty sure you can't somersault in full plate mail and then get back up on your own while we're on the subject

Weapons creating condition damage and spell casting aren’t consistent with real life either... IT’S A GAME!

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:Simply put the more the longer a projectile travels the more kinetic energy it loses. 1500 range should not be doing more damage then shorter ranges. Also the lighter armored classes should be more mobile then heavier armored, at times it seems that GW2 devs live in Bizarro World.

You may want to check your "sources" because power and acceleration are directly propotional : an object's kinetic energy increases as the square of its speed hence
you're 100% wrong

Since when an arrow can accelerate when in flight? :-Þ

@MasterDeere.3417 said:

@"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:Simply put the more the longer a projectile travels the more kinetic energy it loses. 1500 range should not be doing more damage then shorter ranges. Also the lighter armored classes should be more mobile then heavier armored, at times it seems that GW2 devs live in Bizarro World.

You may want to check your "sources" because power and acceleration are directly propotional : an object's kinetic energy increases as the square of its speed hence
you're 100% wrong

Since when an arrow can accelerate when in flight? :-ÞEver tried shooting straight up and just having it... stay there?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

you're 100% wrong

Since when an arrow can accelerate when in flight? :-ÞEver tried shooting straight up and just having it... stay there?

You got me! Good one :-)

@Dawdler.8521 said:

you're 100% wrong

Yes, in fact.

I do believe it's still lodged in that limb behind my parent's house

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:Can you imagine friendly fire being a thing? That would decimate almost everything about how the game is played now. No more zergs, no more stacks. Raids and strikes would be utterly ruined. I think it would devolve into everyone using range weapons and being forced to stand in a line and shoot to avoid hitting each other.

Elementalist casts meteor showertotal party wipeouteveryone rage quits and screams about how stupid of a skill that is to even exist in the game

imagine openworld meta event....

People seem confused by the standard mmo gameplay since like forever. Before some of you were born.

Ranged = damage dealer but glassMidline = support / hybridsMelee = tank or damage stealther

It makes no sense for bruisers to deal more damage than ranged because then we would all just facetank eachother. Oh wait...

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:People seem confused by the standard mmo gameplay since like forever. Before some of you were born.Ranged = damage dealer but glassMidline = support / hybridsMelee = tank or damage stealther

GW2 simply doesn't adhere to standard MMORPG conventions.

And that's where the game's balance went to trash over time.Can't really think of a better example than ranger. With druid it combined the ability to make a long ranged damage dealer with a sustain bot and with soul beast it combined a long ranged damage dealer with a bruiser. Actually ele went the same route with tempest and weaver.

Yes all classes came into the game this way but it has only gotten worse with elite specs driving those class roles further into those side paths without removing some of those base aspects as a "compensation". For example disable ranger's long bow when using druid and/or soul beast.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:.....". For example disable ranger's long bow when using druid and/or soul beast.

lol...it’s a RANGER... Ok if you want to do that then give it even more powerful melee... oh wait, there’s other class that do melee! ?

Well, if you are slotting in druid, then it's no ranger anymore, but a druid. :P

Yeah that was kind of my point. A tradeoff. I would actually coin it as a role conversion. It kind of ties in with my belief that when they started introducing elite specs they should have made one of the core trait lines an elite spec as well. For ranger I would have suggested beast mastery and pets but it could have been Marksmanship with longbow instead. But yeah we are long past that point.

@Some Call Me Tim.2319 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:.....". For example disable ranger's long bow when using druid and/or soul beast.

lol...it’s a RANGER... Ok if you want to do that then give it even more powerful melee... oh wait, there’s other class that do melee! ?

They literally gave them a melee weapon that afaik nobody uses... but clever of you. Sorry I am all out of gold stars though.