Trapper rune

Crozame.4098

So, what is the logic behind not changing the 6th stat of the Trapper rune?So far, yes, its not that great on high level coordinated 5v5s. But there are plenty of DH (the number of zerk LB DH is increasing) and ranger using them in ranked. They do quite a lot of dmg and quite hard to catch with the superspeed uptimes.

Also, when we change the DE dodge stealth mechanic? Its just...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EoD has probably an elite spec that will use traps, that might be a reason. Meaning a class that doesn’t have stealth will maybe get it. Personally don‘t find the rune very problematic since opponents sacrifice every single utility skill to use it and stealth doesn‘t really last that long, since they get instantly revealed as the traps get triggered

@mistsim.2748 said:On rangers it's fine imo, but entirely broken on DH because u can just go zerker, put out a 10k burst and disappear.

10k burst with what? True Shot?

I've been playing a glass longbow DH, Zerker, Scholar rune, full glass traits, and even under ideal conditions:

• Pop heal skill for retaliation -> +25% crit chance +10% damage dealt
  • Pop retreat for aegis -> +20% damage dealt
  • Spear of Justice on target -> +15% damage dealt | pulses cripple -> +10% damage dealt | +10% damage from activating a virtue
  • Target >500units away -> +5% damage dealt
  • Feel my wrath for quickness, fury, and a few extra boons -> ~+5% damage dealt from Power of virtuous
  • Bane signet off cooldown -> +180 power
  • Scholar bonus active -> +10% damage dealt

I can expect trueshot to crit for about 10-11k on a light armor target

This is under absolutely ideal conditions. If any of these conditions aren't met, you can expect damge to drop into the 5k-8k range.

I refuse to believe power DH players are casually dropping 10k bursts while running trapper rune. Seems like fake news to me

@Crozame.4098 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:On rangers it's fine imo, but entirely broken on DH because u can just go zerker, put out a 10k burst and disappear.

Trapper condi ranger, very degenerate low effort high reward build, and these kind of builds need to go.

The only degenerate would be the type of player who succumbs to this meme Gold-rank build. Who could that be Hmm? I mean, I wish this was a viable build in higher Elo but maybe I'm missing something on my P3 ranger with 3k hours hmmm.

@Kuma.1503 said:

I've been playing a glass longbow DH, Zerker, Scholar rune, full glass traits, and even under ideal conditions:
  • Spear of Justice on target -> +15% damage dealt | pulses cripple -> +10% damage dealt | +10% damage from activating a virtue
  • Feel my wrath for quickness, fury, and a few extra boons -> ~+5% damage dealt from Power of virtuous

This is under absolutely ideal conditions. If any of these conditions aren't met, you can expect damge to drop into the 5k-8k range.

I refuse to believe power DH players are casually dropping 10k bursts while running trapper rune. Seems like fake news to me

Well, it's enough burst to put a bunch of scrubs into a blender and spit out their pieces with zero risk. That's my point.

@Kuma.1503 said:

While a zerker might not be able to burst with traps, most DH builds that utilize the Trapper Runes is a condition build.These builds can be (and often are) strong enough to deal massive burn damage to anyone and occasionally down low HP professions, if caught unaware.

@Kuma.1503 said:

Playing CREV Rabit amulet with 900 toughness; get around 6-7k true shots. It is quite high. And hard to punish them, F2 F3 and traps to disengage.

@"snoow.1694" said:EoD has probably an elite spec that will use traps, that might be a reason. Meaning a class that doesn’t have stealth will maybe get it. Personally don‘t find the rune very problematic since opponents sacrifice every single utility skill to use it and stealth doesn‘t really last that long, since they get instantly revealed as the traps get triggered

This is an interesting point, although probably not the main factor. Didn't CMC say in the first, recent patch notes, that the rune is under "surveillance"?

@mistsim.2748 said:

Trapper condi ranger, very degenerate low effort high reward build, and these kind of builds need to go.

The only degenerate would be the type of player who succumbs to this meme Gold-rank build. Who could that be Hmm? I mean, I wish this was a viable build in higher Elo but maybe I'm missing something on my P3 ranger with 3k hours hmmm.

yea maybe you are blind or something.

Condi thief is another example of low effort high reward. They should not exists in even unranked. And yes, I would 1v1 a power ranger rather than trapper ranger, with less than 10 sec cool down traps, which are also unblocakble cc.

There are only a few p3 players at the moment, you are on EU?

There a> @Crozame.4098 said:

Condi thief is another example of low effort high reward. They should not exists in even unranked. And yes, I would 1v1 a power ranger rather than trapper ranger, with less than 10 sec cool down traps, which are also unblocakble cc.

No such thing as a 10 second cooldown trap on a ranger, it’s 12 secs if you take flame trap with trappers expertise.

Trapper runes on DH are a lot better than using them on a ranger.

@Abyssisis.3971 said:There a> @Crozame.4098 said:

No such thing as a 10 second cooldown trap on a ranger, it’s 12 secs if you take flame trap with trappers expertise.

You have a 12 second CD trap and a 16 sec trap. The uptime is just crazy.

@Crozame.4098 said:

And need to be carried by 4 other players.

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

Yea w/e just blindly defend your class its fine~

@Crozame.4098 said:

Yea w/e just blindly defend your class its fine~

I would, but I don’t play trapper ranger as it’s not that good.

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Khalgir.3862 said:Sure, remove the Trapper Rune and give DH good survivability.

If you think DH is lacking good survivability then you're playing it wrong

Do not really have any troubles as a power coreguard vs DH on g3 and p1. Rangers just obliterate the DH.It is now just about stealth and kiting; that is the only reason why they are good. If you remove it, then the only option is to go with Valor, but you will have your damage deducted.

@Khalgir.3862 said:

@Khalgir.3862 said:Sure, remove the Trapper Rune and give DH good survivability.

If you think DH is lacking good survivability then you're playing it wrong

Do not really have any troubles as a power coreguard vs DH on g3 and p1. Rangers just obliterate the DH.It is now just about stealth and kiting; that is the only reason why they are good. If you remove it, then the only option is to go with Valor, but you will have your damage deducted.

So, the DH will need to use "defensive" traitline to get more sustain at the price of it's damage? Are you serious about even thinking to complain about that?