Nerf mirage pls?

Crusartas.9502

To successfully counter a Mirage, you need plenty of things as warrior. At least 1 source of resistance (ideally one that will be applied, before you get inflicted with blind), then probably a Revenge Counter to copy the conditions on the enemy mirage without missing the hit (since you already got resistance, which will refresh on revenge Counter), Balanced Stance or Dolyak Signet for the whole bombing operation activated (preferably Blanced Stance) to tank all those nasty dazes, Defiant stance as a heal for when everything elses runs out (while you are no scoping Arcing Slices on the node) and a good old Rampage for when you run out of heals. Stomp for some good area denial should be used as well.

But ofc you burn through all your skills in like 10 seconds xD, if you want to contest the node and get +1 help. Also these skills take away a lot of your dmg potential which could be used for Frezny, Bull's Charge or Signet of Might active.

This won't kill the mesmer unless you outplay them while you survive. You just need to bunker down and wait for someone to take the pressure off of you, preferably some Power Herald bursting the Mesmer down.

Lol I can't nerf the class any more than it has been or it won't be worth playing and thats not a good thing to do to ur players that enjoy the class nor for the games already low population. That one shot builds almost all it has left. Unkillable? Their actually very squishy if hit. Im assuming by Unkillable ur meaning because of their high evade uptime as sontimes it seems like they can perma evade all fight but that's another issue.Honestly they need their dodge back so they don't feel clunky imo but with the dodge back they need their high evade uptime via other avenues looked at and shaved, maybe IH? Then some damage transfers from the clones to the player with a slight buff. My opinion anyway.

The only two mesmer skills that bug me atm are Magic Bullet and Mantra of Distraction.

One comes out far too quick to be humanly reactable, (1/4 second) and it looks and sounds extremely similar to duelist, so you could easily end up wasting a dodge if you try reacting to it. The other litearlly has no tell. It's a 1 second instant cast daze that they can spam you with as their team trains you down, and it's extremely annoying to deal with. There's virtually no counterplay to it.

Those two abilities aside, Mesmer's kit has been butchered enough. If anything, the class as a whole could use a buff.

@Kuma.1503 said:The only two mesmer skills that bug me atm are Magic Bullet and Mantra of Distraction.

One comes out far too quick to be humanly reactable, (1/4 second) and it looks and sounds extremely similar to duelist, so you could easily end up wasting a dodge if you try reacting to it. The other litearlly has no tell. It's a 1 second instant cast daze that they can spam you with as their team trains you down, and it's extremely annoying to deal with. There's virtually no counterplay to it.

Those two abilities aside, Mesmer's kit has been butchered enough. If anything, the class as a whole could use a buff.

magic bullet has 1/2s cast time, very noticable sound queue and travel time

@Kuma.1503 said:The only two mesmer skills that bug me atm are Magic Bullet and Mantra of Distraction.

nah, magic bullet is very dodgeable, but i do agree that pistol 4 should get a new animation to differentiate it.

I don't think nerfing mirage will accomplish anything at this point. The problem is mirage cloack. You can chain insane amounts of CC with invulnerabilities that grant you extra offense(yes, at least half of your offense comes from becoming invulnerable, what awesome design).I'd love to see a rework, or at least a functionality change on mirage cloack. And give them their dodge back, that decision was like "lets make shortbow 5 cost 8 initiative" tier kind of bad.

Or just... keep removing amulets, that will fix it!

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:To successfully counter a Mirage, you need plenty of things as warrior. At least 1 source of resistance (ideally one that will be applied, before you get inflicted with blind), then probably a Revenge Counter to copy the conditions on the enemy mirage without missing the hit (since you already got resistance, which will refresh on revenge Counter), Balanced Stance or Dolyak Signet for the whole bombing operation activated (preferably Blanced Stance) to tank all those nasty dazes, Defiant stance as a heal for when everything elses runs out (while you are no scoping Arcing Slices on the node) and a good old Rampage for when you run out of heals. Stomp for some good area denial should be used as well.

But ofc you burn through all your skills in like 10 seconds xD, if you want to contest the node and get +1 help. Also these skills take away a lot of your dmg potential which could be used for Frezny, Bull's Charge or Signet of Might active.

This won't kill the mesmer unless you outplay them while you survive. You just need to bunker down and wait for someone to take the pressure off of you, preferably some Power Herald bursting the Mesmer down.

Maybe try not to use your skills to facetank everything, than you might see some land against the avarage mirage

@Avatar.3568 said:

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:To successfully counter a Mirage, you need plenty of things as warrior. At least 1 source of resistance (ideally one that will be applied, before you get inflicted with blind), then probably a Revenge Counter to copy the conditions on the enemy mirage without missing the hit (since you already got resistance, which will refresh on revenge Counter), Balanced Stance or Dolyak Signet for the whole bombing operation activated (preferably Blanced Stance) to tank all those nasty dazes, Defiant stance as a heal for when everything elses runs out (while you are no scoping Arcing Slices on the node) and a good old Rampage for when you run out of heals. Stomp for some good area denial should be used as well.

Maybe try not to use your skills to facetank everything, than you might see some land against the avarage mirage

Problem is, above G3 one doesn't just play Mirage casually. They are usually very well trained in what they need to do. I've seen Mirage & Thief combos bursting people down even. Chasing the Mirage as a warrior isn't the best move, considering your role as a sidenoder imo. But I may have approached this too much from a defense perspective, you are correct.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Problem is, above G3 one doesn't just play Mirage casually. They are usually very well trained in what they need to do. I've seen Mirage & Thief combos bursting people down even. Chasing the Mirage as a warrior isn't the best move, considering your role as a sidenoder imo. But I may have approached this too much from a defense perspective, you are correct.

If Plat is for you not casual, than I have to say are wrong, there might be max 200 people atm that are not playing casually

@Avatar.3568 said:

If Plat is for you not casual, than I have to say are wrong, there might be max 200 people atm that are not playing casually

Excuse me but i would like to ask you , what is your definition of playing casually and how did you measure the number of players which dont play casualy?

Thank you in advance!

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:

In p1/p2 noone has any idea what they are doing btw

@razaelll.8324 said:

Excuse me but i would like to ask you , what is your definition of playing casually and how did you measure the number of players which dont play casualy?

Thank you in advance!

That's the number I estimate, from playing ranked, at's mat's (EU) and teapots tournaments, from the past year 2020 till current state, there are some na players included but I do not know that Many on na.

From this max 200 are probably 20-30 that are rly rly good.

@Tharan.9085 said:

This is pretty much the thing, people do not know how to play the game mode, even in p2, there are at max mechanical good but do mostly not understand what to do, where to go, or if I can leave the person or not(for real stomp or cleave is mostly better than, any sneaky rez)Respawns, outnumbering, leaving the fight are words that most people do not know. I wouldn't say that I know exactly where to go but I at least know the basics

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

My mistake there, it is 1/2 seconds.

Still, i'm 90% sure the sound queue is unreactable considering it happens at the end of the animation, and the travel time, for all intents and purposes, may as well be instant, especially at close range. It's one of the fastest projectiles in the game.

You also can't distinguish the sound from duelist. Even if it is possible to react to the sound, factoring in ping (mine is 64 for context), you'll end up wasting a dodges on duelist if you go by sound alone.

I wouldn't nerf the stun duration though or anything like that, but I would move the sound queue back a bit and change the pitch. You could even reduce the cast time(hand waving) to 1/4 seconds, but give the bullet a 1/4 second delay before it fires (you could put a unique animation here). You'd actually end up buffing the ability in some cases since it'll be harder to interrupt, while making it a tad less frustrating.

Magic bullet isn't the only ability I'd give this sort of treatment to btw, I wouldn't mind there being a sweeping pass on the game to improve clarity across the board.Spinal Shivers, for example would have a chilly mist swirl around the target before it hits. Battering ram would be an actual mechanical ram that does a headbutt animation on the target, ect.

@Avatar.3568 said:

Thank you in advance!

That's the number I estimate, from playing ranked, at's mat's (EU) and teapots tournaments, from the past year 2020 till current state, there are some na players included but I do not know that Many on na.

From this max 200 are probably 20-30 that are rly rly good.

This is pretty much the thing, people do not know how to play the game mode, even in p2, there are at max mechanical good but do mostly not understand what to do, where to go, or if I can leave the person or not(for real stomp or cleave is mostly better than, any sneaky rez)Respawns, outnumbering, leaving the fight are words that most people do not know. I wouldn't say that I know exactly where to go but I at least know the basics

And what is your definition of casually playing?

@Kuma.1503 said:

Still, i'm 90% sure the sound queue is unreactable considering it happens at the end of the animation, and the travel time, for all intents and purposes, may as well be instant, especially at close range. It's one of the fastest projectiles in the game.

You also can't distinguish the sound from duelist. Even if it is possible to react to the sound, factoring in ping (mine is 64 for context), you'll end up wasting a dodges on duelist if you go by sound alone.

I wouldn't nerf the stun duration though or anything like that, but I would move the sound queue back a bit and change the pitch. You could even reduce the cast time(hand waving) to 1/4 seconds, but give the bullet a 1/4 second delay before it fires (you could put a unique animation here). You'd actually end up buffing the ability in some cases since it'll be harder to interrupt, while making it a tad less frustrating.

Magic bullet isn't the only ability I'd give this sort of treatment to btw, I wouldn't mind there being a sweeping pass on the game to improve clarity across the board.Spinal Shivers, for example would have a chilly mist swirl around the target before it hits. Battering ram would be an actual mechanical ram that does a headbutt animation on the target, ect.

I mean, a 2s hard stun with 0.5s cast time is indeed something that could use a rework. I main mesmer, I abuse this particular skill to its fullest extent, but honestly I can't really justify it. I don't think the problem comes from the similar animation to pistol 4 (pistol 4 is actually very much telegraphed); the problems comes from the fact that it's just really really fast with really really little tell; dodging the thing from >750-ish range is trivial, if you're in melee range it's a nightmare. I think some bright flash IMMEDIATELY after the mesmer starts the channel (like, instant: as soon as you press pistol 5, flash pops up) could give people some more time to react to something that on other classes would have a much higher cast time.

@Kuma.1503 said:

Your suggestion of the bullet "lingering" in the air for a bit is an interesting one. Though to be honest the main problem is that duelist animation is too similar.