Thoughts on new warrior changes?

Telgum.6071

It can't be that much. I can strip 5 boons faily quickly and build the AI stacks. All of us can. Unless they can increase the cap of stacks with the new lower triple attribute numbers, I can't see that a monstrous increase.

Speaking of which, increasing the Insight to 10 may be what they are looking for...

15 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

It can't be that much. I can strip 5 boons faily quickly and build the AI stacks. All of us can. Unless they can increase the cap of stacks with the new lower triple attribute numbers, I can't see that a monstrous increase.

Speaking of which, increasing the Insight to 10 may be what they are looking for...

Infusion was pointing out that the wording could be read to imply that those numbers are in addition to the previous numbers, which would be a lot of extra stats.

9 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Infusion was pointing out that the wording could be read to imply that those numbers are in addition to the previous numbers, which would be a lot of extra stats.

Yeah I understand. It's just that I ouright debunk that in my head cause they would never buff something that much in the current state of the game. 

8 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Yeah I understand. It's just that I ouright debunk that in my head cause they would never buff something that much in the current state of the game. 

That's why all of us read it is the new stats being 35/35/35 instead of 95/95/35 because no way would that fly and not have a stat penalty with CMC around.

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That's why all of us read it is the new stats being 35/35/35 instead of 95/95/35 because no way would that fly and not have a stat penalty with CMC around.

Wouldn't mind it if they somehow missed it tho, like the 300 sec CDs , and we were left with an OP Insight...

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

53 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

For the record you confused me with cryorion.9532.
I interpreted it the same way you did, as in instead of +45 added stats per stack it will be +95 in PVE and 35 in PVP/WVW.

The reason why it is unlikely that the stats are on top of the existing bonus is because of the following: "Previously each stack granted 45 power and ferocity."

The net effect of having conditional precision added is going to be negligible at least for PVE, you would need to spam CC at the cost of DPS as generally CC skills have less damage.

Edited by Infusion.7149

On 5/3/2021 at 11:10 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Banner's advantage is that they grant "free" stats which have a significant enough impact in organized group in PvE to make this utility a "must have". ANet's dev shaving those stats again and again has always been a bad way to try to remove this impact.

The light field is either a good joke (since the warrior isn't thematically linked to "light") or a foreshadow of warrior's next e-spec. Either way it's poor design.

i know what banners do, but those stats wont cut it in wvw.

you read that wvw part ?

19 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

For the record you confused me with cryorion.9532.
I interpreted it the same way you did, as in instead of +45 added stats per stack it will be +95 in PVE and 35 in PVP/WVW.

The reason why it is unlikely that the stats are on top of the existing bonus is because of the following: "Previously each stack granted 45 power and ferocity."

The net effect of having conditional precision added is going to be negligible at least for PVE, you would need to spam CC at the cost of DPS as generally CC skills have less damage.

LOL. Thanks man, its because there are only so many forum avatars to go around. Sorry @cryorion.9532.

We'll see on the 11th which interpretation is right unless they clarify their own language before then.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

LOL. Thanks man, its because there are only so many forum avatars to go around. Sorry @cryorion.9532.

We'll see on the 11th which interpretation is right unless they clarify their own language before then.

Yeah, I don't think that Anet would buff something so drastically after the Feb 2020 nerf patch, so it is highly unlikely to be additional stats on top of existing ones, which is sad. And as Infusion mentioned, "Previously each stack granted 45 power and ferocity.", makes it more clear.

Edited by cryorion.9532

Pretty pleased with rifle changes because they're more or less in line with what i suggested back in August (pointing out the core weakness of rifle is its inability to engage multiple targets and thus hindering its adrenaline generation in relation to other weapons). Still a lot of work to do though in regards with other traits and skills. Berserker is hardly 'in a good spot'.

14 hours ago, RedShark.9548 said:

i know what banners do, but those stats wont cut it in wvw.

you read that wvw part ?

I read "raid" and from my point of view "raid" is PvE content. "Zergling" and "Roaming" is WvW content.

Afterall, Banners are mostly used for Raids in PvE content, ain't they? As they are (and as they will be) Banner's only use (apart from battle standard) is for PvE content and it's nothing new since even in core they barely saw use in any other gamemode than PvE.

I just took a look at the upcoming changes to warrior and did some calculations to see how my pbs would suffer from it... And i'll admit that it made me very uneasy to see warrior getting punished once again.

So basically i found two results for the current pbs build, both of them losing in power, precision and ferocity anyway. So we're going to have to choose between:

1.-170 power, -50 precision, -70 ferocity

2.-50 power, -50 precision, -170 ferocity

I don't know what will come of it but "somehow" i'm already angry about it. Nothing to look forward to, no good news as always with warriors.

5 minutes ago, 36F0A0BB-7480-4A73-8575-EE said:

I just took a look at the upcoming changes to warrior and did some calculations to see how my pbs would suffer from it... And i'll admit that it made me very uneasy to see warrior getting punished once again.

So basically i found two results for the current pbs build, both of them losing in power, precision and ferocity anyway. So we're going to have to choose between:

1.-170 power, -50 precision, -70 ferocity

2.-50 power, -50 precision, -170 ferocity

I don't know what will come of it but "somehow" i'm already angry about it. Nothing to look forward to, no good news as always with warriors.

Did you try it with new SPB "buffs" although it's pDPS had quite a ways to catch up to the berserker pDPS setup if I remember.

On 5/7/2021 at 5:34 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

I read "raid" and from my point of view "raid" is PvE content. "Zergling" and "Roaming" is WvW content.

Afterall, Banners are mostly used for Raids in PvE content, ain't they? As they are (and as they will be) Banner's only use (apart from battle standard) is for PvE content and it's nothing new since even in core they barely saw use in any other gamemode than PvE.

there used to be a time when banner granted regen and i had a bunker warrior build that had perma regen that's basically unkillable and guard point against 2 people easily, ofc its more of a meme build. but it was fun. proabably gonna be too much right now with full counter, they really shaved way too much core war stuff just so they can over tune spellbreaker.

Edited by felix.2386

12 minutes ago, Magnuzone.8395 said:

Sad about how they changed resistance, now I can no longer abuse it in WvW and be (almost) immune to all condis. *cry*. 

But on the other side it is kind of fun to be forced to change your go-to build.

You know, a lot more people on these forums need that kind of attitude...

• Like 1

@ Lan, spellbreaker bonus is indeed 50 stats per stack of Attacker's Insight instead of 45 and not 50 additional. The 50 replaces the 45.

What is odd is the Great Fortitude trait , patch notes say vitality --> ferocity but ingame it is power --> ferocity

Edited by Infusion.7149

10 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

@ Lan, spellbreaker bonus is indeed 50 stats per stack of Attacker's Insight instead of 45 and not 50 additional. The 50 replaces the 45.

What is odd is the Great Fortitude trait , patch notes say vitality --> ferocity but ingame it is power --> ferocity

Yeah, having the additional stats would have made Spellbreaker more viable. The Great Fortitude is definitely different than advertised. Still can't compete with Forceful Greatsword though.

21 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, having the additional stats would have made Spellbreaker more viable. The Great Fortitude is definitely different than advertised. Still can't compete with Forceful Greatsword though.

"New" Great Fortitude trait is actually really good. It gives a lot of ferocity (between 200-300) and like 2k hp on top of that. Definitely meta trait on builds that already have perma 25 might and use axe/axe (unless you use greatsword too and need shorter cooldowns for rotation).

Edited by cryorion.9532

1 hour ago, Magnuzone.8395 said:

Sad about how they changed resistance, now I can no longer abuse it in WvW and be (almost) immune to all condis. *cry*. 

But on the other side it is kind of fun to be forced to change your go-to build.

Abuse? 🤣

How is it abusing if I had 4 sec resistance and someone decides to stay in range of my decapitate? Better yet, condi classes already counter-played with something known as "boon-strip/corrupts". Hell nah they other guy isn't a bad player for using what they have in order to obliterate me, I am the one who is in trouble for using resistance in the first place. I should know better smh. 🚶‍♂️

44 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

"New" Great Fortitude trait is actually really good. It gives a lot of ferocity (between 200-300) and like 2k hp on top of that. Definitely meta trait on builds that already have perma 25 might and use axe/axe (unless you use greatsword too and need shorter cooldowns for rotation).

Yeah it may become meta on non GS builds that get their might elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah it may become meta on non GS builds that get their might elsewhere.

Did they maybe tried to make marauder the default? Generally speaking the Marauder will give higher precision, the losing ferocity can be gained with that Vitality conversion from great fortitude.