You better don't go and start nerfing professions around celestial stats now!

Extremely shortsighted change, unrequested and unrequired,basically anybody with deep experience in roaming and build crafting can see the huge issues that this change will cause to the game. Adding concentration and expertise to PvE stats.....this is uncalled for, the decision should be reverted.

Dear Devs.......you're doing a colossal mistake by adding concentration/expertise to celestial and I fear that before long, you'll start nerfing professions around celestial only for you to go and remove or backtrack the stat addition.

Please for the love of god...don't do it....

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 7

I was in shock when I read that note. That is an omega amount of stats being dumped into celestial. I thought for sure it would come with a stat trim note but nope. Roaming about to go hybrid damage facetank sustain mode?

Edited by Justine.6351
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Some Call Me Tim.2319 said:

Isn’t that the point of celestial?  To have a bit of everything?   Not saying I agree or disagree with this change but it fits the purpose of these stats.  

It fits the purpose but balancing was around the old numbers, now celestial gives way more total stats than everything else and that's not its purpose. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Clownmug.8357 said:

Will it even matter with the addition of hard duration limits?

It's free boon duration the same as a minstrel set today. Remember boon duration on minstrel is actually a *minor* stat and the patch notes says the the per-stat will remain... Which is probably why celestial will become meta for zergs again - tons more damage than half the zerg being minstrels. It wouldnt even surprise me if the glassy zerkers shift to celestial as well because they will no longer "need" to be glass to make up for the pathetic damage of the minstrel frontline, thus making the zerg more even in terms of sustain. Good or bad thing? Who knows. Hitting the cap doesnt matter, zergs will maintain it at cap instead.

Since healing power scaling is generally terrible I doubt the loss will have much of an impact, but in the long run that will probably be the deciding factor. The individual loss in toughness will be pretty irrelevant.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2

Heal warriors, and support tempests would probably do celestial, making them much less boring but there's no reason to not take minstrel on fb/scrapper.  Scourge may consider Celestial but probably will never be the best.

But I mean Celestial is a stat that is useful nowhere today, but can't really complain about cele when you have tb/minstrel.  Maybe we should reduce the proposed amounts of concentration and expertise to Cele.... even though imo it's just making people feel better.

Power builds in large groups should never use Celestial because base power is so low; Marauder is dominant for a reason and boons are provided by support.

edit: Yes I will be using Cele.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

6 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Power builds in large groups should never use Celestial because base power is so low; Marauder is dominant for a reason and boons are provided by support.

But will it matter? Even in full cele you reach ~3000 power when buffed. Marauder is only 500 more. Power alone will hardly be the deciding factor. 

Edited by Dawdler.8521

11 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

But will it matter? Even in full cele you reach ~3000 power when buffed. Marauder is only 500 more. Power alone will hardly be the deciding factor. 

Not sure how you're getting 3000 power but I'm not good with the numbers. Are we assuming constant 25 might?  So like this? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlRwgYcYn44v83+B-zxIY1ogvEs9AEwG41QhNNA-e

If I change the stats to Marauder, then yes I see only 500 power gained, but there's also 25% less crit. That's kind of a big deal, though some classes won't need the crit.

Because even in a group comp thanks to boon strips at all, it's not that easy to maintain. Granted maybe my groups just suck, but the logs usually average like 10 stacks of might in long games.

But anyhow, I'll assume what you're saying is true.  IMO though  once you've reached a certain threshold of survival, you don't need any more and should devote the rest to damage, especially because you have support healing you and crap. It's the same reason why some burst builds still have some zerker pieces despite Maruader being a much more efficient stat combo.

Basically, I'm not lowering my damage if I am going to survive anyways. And if everyone should go cele, then I have to worry less!

Oh I guess, bloodlust stacks? But those would make even minstrel builds have some degree of power. Maybe they're the real problem.

20 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Not sure how you're getting 3000 power but I'm not good with the numbers. Are we assuming constant 25 might?  So like this? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlRwgYcYn44v83+B-zxIY1ogvEs9AEwG41QhNNA-e

If I change the stats to Marauder, then yes I see only 500 power gained, but there's also 25% less crit. That's kind of a big deal, though some classes won't need the crit.

Because even in a group comp thanks to boon strips at all, it's not that easy to maintain. Granted maybe my groups just suck, but the logs usually average like 10 stacks of might in long games.

But anyhow, I'll assume what you're saying is true.  IMO though  once you've reached a certain threshold of survival, you don't need any more and should devote the rest to damage, especially because you have support healing you and crap. It's the same reason why some burst builds still have some zerker pieces despite Maruader being a much more efficient stat combo.

Basically, I'm not lowering my damage if I am going to survive anyways. And if everyone should go cele, then I have to worry less!

Oh I guess, bloodlust stacks? But those would make even minstrel builds have some degree of power. Maybe they're the real problem.

Depends on class abilities and traits.

You can get 3.6k power on a warrior even with Cele stats:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEEiN0x6RN1D-zxIY1o+/UiQBUsIoCJQNDBrdAC4vGBspB-e

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Depends on class abilities and traits.

You can get 3.6k power on a warrior even with Cele stats:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEEiN0x6RN1D-zxIY1o+/UiQBUsIoCJQNDBrdAC4vGBspB-e

Yea, but in that case the strength isn't really from celestial gear but rather the strength minor  then. (you'd almost have 3000 power @ 25 might even with Minstrel and more than 4000 in PTV).

That being said celestial will probably be for zerggoing warriors for sure.

7 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yea, but in that case the strength isn't really from celestial gear but rather the strength minor  then. (you'd almost have 3000 power @ 25 might even with Minstrel and more than 4000 in PTV).

That being said celestial will probably be for zerggoing warriors for sure.

My implication was that you can hit high power numbers with cele gear depending on class traits/utilities. I'm sure I could pump it higher than I did.

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

My implication was that you can hit high power numbers with cele gear depending on class traits/utilities. I'm sure I could pump it higher than I did.

Yea I know; it's just that how much of it is attributable to Cele gear vs other gear sets that worries people atm or even if it's a bad thing.

Because you can do that now with cele; it's just that in the future your boons and condis will be a few seconds longer.