ele can be remove from this game without any real consequence.

WindBlade.8749

Dagger weaver is a troll golem benchmark because it's not realistic, by dashing back and forth you will miss on boons and you will never reach 42k DPS. 39k is ok, there are a lot of other professions with more utility than Elementalist doing more DPS than 39k and in order to even reach 39k you need permanent alactiry which is not always possible in a raid. 1 second without alacrity is enough to cripple your rotation and your DPS as Elementalist, this is not a huge impact on other pure DPS professions.

Edit: As a side note, benchmarks done with huge hitboxes and benchmarks done with permanent aegis are useless, I don't know why speedclear guilds still rely on those numbers as there are no huge hitboxes in raids, the only reliable hitboxes are the small ones. I don't trust all the benchmarks done, only some of them make sense and dagger weaver is not one of them.

Edited by Touchme.1097
More informations added
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

45k rota deadeye (ok it's just one and it's don't work in all raids fight but it's way more needed than any ele build) and it's also meta in fractals cms

Every one here wildly miss understanding what removing something with consequence means. If a class in a "keystone" class then you cant remove them from the game with out any consequences. A "keystone" class would be a need boon or effect just raw dps is not something that classes lack so its not an "keystone" effect.

On 5/24/2021 at 12:34 AM, Jski.6180 said:

Every one here wildly miss understanding what removing something with consequence means. If a class in a "keystone" class then you cant remove them from the game with out any consequences. A "keystone" class would be a need boon or effect just raw dps is not something that classes lack so its not an "keystone" effect.

ofc but at least thief have two really good role in the game.
But yea thief is also in a bad shape theses days (or ever).
Just less than ele, both need balance update anyway.

6 minutes ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

ofc but at least thief have two really good role in the game.
But yea thief is also in a bad shape theses days (or ever).
Just less than ele, both need balance update anyway.

In wvw thf is very much a "keystone" class for roming. Always there about to burst you down.

Auras just dont cut it any more at least ele auras light aura is significantly strong now in wvw environment.

15 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

In wvw thf is very much a "keystone" class for roming. Always there about to burst you down.

Auras just dont cut it any more at least ele auras light aura is significantly strong now in wvw environment.

+1

Thief is the god tier roaming in WvW. The only way a thief can die is when they get too used to being OP and overextended. Check this out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/nkqxl1/ive_never_played_any_build_or_strategy_in_any/

• Like 2

I just wish they would make aura ele applys have the effects from ele it self. So boon duraiton / condi duration on the ele makes the auras effects strong on other ppl. Also passive added effect will trigger on other ppl auras. And we could even see cool effect where aura blow up "transmute" when they are hit for other ppl. With out ele owning the auras they give out they just feel generic and mostly forgettable in a fight.

On 5/23/2021 at 6:18 PM, Touchme.1097 said:

Edit: As a side note, benchmarks done with huge hitboxes and benchmarks done with permanent aegis are useless, I don't know why speedclear guilds still rely on those numbers as there are no huge hitboxes in raids, the only reliable hitboxes are the small ones. I don't trust all the benchmarks done, only some of them make sense and dagger weaver is not one of them.

They don't rely on benchmark numbers to create comps. Comps are created based on the situational value each class brings to each specific boss.

The only players who tilt based on Golem numbers from speedclear guilds are players for whom these benchmarks are largely theorectical and use them to further arguments powered by Dunning-Kruger

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have every class except ele

But 1 time while manning the keep, a rain of fireballs suddenly took me out. I realised it was ele with its super long range magic.

However until today I needed more convincing to play the ele. Both sword and horn (special collection) of ele are not aesthetically pleasing. If I have a say to how to make ele great again, I make it good in wind element, lighting element, frost element as there is too many class using heat and burning. I'll let the ele have a clear focus or a unique strength that cannot ignored. 

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I like playing htemp a lot, and I've always been against the idea of adding a boon like quickness or alacrity too, since I tought it would have added too much power creep.

Considering boons,

HTemp can bring:

1. 25 Might (but depending on healing needs you may be not be able to keep it capped)
  2. Perma Regen
  3. Perma Vigor
  4. Either Perma Fury OR Protection
  5. A lot of direct healing.

Now we're getting the Mechanist:

1. 25 Might (while you sleep)
  2. Perma Regen
  3. Perma Vigor
  4. Perma Fury
  5. Perma Protection
  6. Perma Alacrity
  7. A lot of direct healing
  8. A lot of barrier

Okay, what is happening?

It plays pretty cool so I'm not asking to nerf the Mechanist, also if they would, they should def nerf HFB too at that point.
But once EoD will be launched what's the point of playing HTemp anymore?

It could find its spot in raids since most of the heals are 10 men (yet druid is still preferred most of the times), but everywhere else it will simply make no sense.
I'm used to play HTemp together with a qfb in fracs for example, it's a good pair for carry, you can spec a bit more offensive while keeping pretty good heals, quickness is still there for a little dps loss on the firebrand part, and you still retain the aegis.
After EoD, if you pair a hMec and a qFB you'll get insane results tho:

1. 25 Might
  2. Perma Regen
  3. Perma Vigor
  4. Perma Fury
  5. Perma Protection
  6. Perma Alacrity
  7. Perma Quickness
  8. A lot of direct healing
  9. A lot of barrier
  10. Aegis

All this investing in just one healer and a qfb that is basically a cfb, just slighly weaker.

In fractals right now (not considering "no heal" groups):

HFB+Alaren = Low dmg + Mediocre dmg (good synergy, it leaves 3 dps spots open)

HTemp+qFB+Alaren = Low to Mediocre dmg + Good dmg + Mediocre dmg (easy carry, it leaves 2 dps spots open)

hMec+qFB = Low dmg + Good dmg (powercreeped monstrosity, it also leaves 3 dps spots open)

Also let's not forget barrier is not affected by agony.

Again, what the hell is this?
If this is the direction we are going, then kitten all I've said till now, just give us quickness/alacrity too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erick Alastor.3917 said:

I like playing htemp a lot, and I've always been against the idea of adding a boon like quickness or alacrity too, since I tought it would have added too much power creep.

Considering boons,

HTemp can bring:

1. 25 Might (but depending on healing needs you may be not be able to keep it capped)
  2. Perma Regen
  3. Perma Vigor
  4. Either Perma Fury OR Protection
  5. A lot of direct healing.

Now we're getting the Mechanist:

1. 25 Might (while you sleep)
  2. Perma Regen
  3. Perma Vigor
  4. Perma Fury
  5. Perma Protection
  6. Perma Alacrity
  7. A lot of direct healing
  8. A lot of barrier

Okay, what is happening?

It plays pretty cool so I'm not asking to nerf the Mechanist, also if they would, they should def nerf HFB too at that point.
But once EoD will be launched what's the point of playing HTemp anymore?

It could find its spot in raids since most of the heals are 10 men (yet druid is still preferred most of the times), but everywhere else it will simply make no sense.
I'm used to play HTemp together with a qfb in fracs for example, it's a good pair for carry, you can spec a bit more offensive while keeping pretty good heals, quickness is still there for a little dps loss on the firebrand part, and you still retain the aegis.
After EoD, if you pair a hMec and a qFB you'll get insane results tho:

1. 25 Might
  2. Perma Regen
  3. Perma Vigor
  4. Perma Fury
  5. Perma Protection
  6. Perma Alacrity
  7. Perma Quickness
  8. A lot of direct healing
  9. A lot of barrier
  10. Aegis

All this investing in just one healer and a qfb that is basically a cfb, just slighly weaker.

In fractals right now (not considering "no heal" groups):

HFB+Alaren = Low dmg + Mediocre dmg (good synergy, it leaves 3 dps spots open)

HTemp+qFB+Alaren = Low to Mediocre dmg + Good dmg + Mediocre dmg (easy carry, it leaves 2 dps spots open)

hMec+qFB = Low dmg + Good dmg (powercreeped monstrosity, it also leaves 3 dps spots open)

Also let's not forget barrier is not affected by agony.

Again, what the hell is this?
If this is the direction we are going, then kitten all I've said till now, just give us quickness/alacrity too.

Anet hates the ele class. I have a strong feeling the pet eng class will replace tempest as well as the scpter thf. 10 targets healing is not a roll and never will be a roll your far better off having an consistent heal for a few targets that you can spread out (soothing mist being ele stronger healing effect then just a hand full of shouts) to different targets as needed.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 10:42 AM, Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't change what I said. You don't have to play meta to be successful in instanced content in this game. 

You do have to play the meta to be successful at end game content. If I turn up in my mesmer I can condi dps and alacrity in fractals, these are required rolls for end game content . If I turn up with an elemental all I can do is dps, no alacrity, no quickness and poor healing. 

20 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

You do have to play the meta to be successful at end game content. If I turn up in my mesmer I can condi dps and alacrity in fractals, these are required rolls for end game content . If I turn up with an elemental all I can do is dps, no alacrity, no quickness and poor healing. 

Sir, you're a bit wrong right there. When you turn up with an Elementalist all you can do is barely keep-up with dps of other classes while providing literally nothing to the group.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Sir, you're a bit wrong right there. When you turn up with an Elementalist all you can do is barely keep-up with dps of other classes while providing literally nothing to the group.

Dude I you are trolling this thread (it's in your name too) ele has no boons or heals to give other players that is why it is not end game. 

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Dude I you are trolling this thread (it's in your name too) ele has no boons or heals to give other players that is why it is not end game. 

That's exactly what he said...

He was just making fun of the "ele is pure dps"-argument because ele isn't even top dps WHILE providing nothing for the group

• Like 4