Druid Utility Glyph of Unity is one shotting 5 people in zergs

tom.5804

This is unfair! The active part of Glyph of Unity tethers onto 5 enemy players so all the druid needs to do is purposely stand into a zerg's bomb and the 5 people tethered will instantly go into downstate. The damage is too high. If you have 5 druids, you can theoretically down 25 people instantly during a zerg push. 

I am a hardcore GvG player in both regions. I only logon to GvG so it hurts my heart to see overpowered skills like this ruining the game mode in WvW and in GvG. Our game mode is being ruined.

Edited by tom.5804
Being more specific
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Yeah gonna call BS on this unless someone provides a vid.  

This is how druid squads oneshot raid bosses, like deimos and Qadim the Peerless.

The glyph tether holds 8seconds onto 5 targets & deal a little bit damage for EVERY HIT the druid takes. If the druid takes stone signet + the glyph, he will most likely survive some seconds & get so many hits from big zergs, that those targets get killed by a sh*tload of tiny stings.

Edited by Virdo.1540

The 0.55 multiplier is not too bad. That's easily 2k damage per hit.

If it triggers even when the ranger uses stone signet or 

the outgoing damage is not related to the incoming damage or

it has no ICD,

...then it's obvious that this can be used to troll people.

Nice design fail Anet!

Edited by KrHome.1920

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

What's a "little bit damage"? 

Like... it's basicly just retal which barely concern a zerg, lol?

lets say over 1500dmg per incoming hit. 

Its more than the damage of retal, and instead of hitting 50 players back with retal, its damage is concentrated onto 5

Edited by Virdo.1540

the big difference to retal is it doesn't care about the source of the attack, the damage is always dealt to the tethered targets. So if you take 50 instances of strike damage from anything the 5 tethered targets all get hit by the glyph effect 50 times each. It also hits a lot harder than retal.

Also, even if this were 1.5k - 2k damage a hit you have to literally be soaking up damage and be in melee(ish) range to do it. 

Meanwhile, a power soulbeast on longbow can do this (and up to a whole lot more depending on how glass you want to go) with barrage at 1500 range.

But really, this proves people will find literally anything to complain about regarding ranger.  Like, think about it--if this topic is accurate, for maximum effect you have to be STANDING in the enemy bomb and hope to down a few people.  Who signs up for this? 😂

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Like, think about it--if this topic is accurate, for maximum effect you have to be STANDING in the enemy bomb and hope to down a few people.  Who signs up for this? 😂

A young warrior eagerly raises his hand and get promptly smacked in the head by a veteran that just shakes his head.

• Haha 2

On 5/24/2021 at 5:19 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Yeah gonna call BS on this unless someone provides a vid.  

But it does work, it is not new, from HoT you could take 5 enemies with you. 

It is not being used thou because the action takes the Druid down in the process. So yeah not a very good skill unless your strategy is to run back from respawn.

If you fancy the yolo strat as Druid it is better to carry Glyph_of_Equality, Ancient_Seeds and Whirling_Defense. IT works much better, you jump yolo into the enemy zerg, cast Glyph and the axe skill. Ancient seeds will take care of the rest. Put the signet and you can stand better the direct  damage. 

And you can stop whenever you feel the heat is too high. 

Never heard of this.  Never seen it.  And if it's true, it's been a very closely guarded secret that hasn't been shared with any of the Ranger's I know that I'm on a first name basis with.  If it works, fantastic.  About time Ranger's get some mega-hits in.

• Haha 1

Lmao I remember playing with this skill to see how much damage it could do as a full zerk Druid. I never actually got around to testing it in the middle of a zerg but I had one Rev hit me with quickness and Impossible Odds and their health went down extremely fast, and that was in the PvP lobby so no busted WvW stats.

The problem that I saw with it was that the tether is 360 units and the leash is 600 units, so any tethered enemy that goes beyond the limit simply has the effect removed. Also, the skill is a unique effect so multiple Glyphs of Unity cannot be applied to the same target; the most recently used one simply overrides the other. Cool thing about it though is that it is unblockable (tested earlier today and it went through Aegis every time).

If this actually works like you describe it, then that is funny. But honestly I think like 95% of Druid players would be happy if it got completely reworked. The skill is a total joke aside from this sort of incredibly niche hypothetical scenario. Sad to think that it used to be an elite skill. 

Edited by Za Shaloc.3908

29 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Has anyone tested it? Is it practical at all?

It's a gimmick for sure. It will insta-down 5 nearby enemies but you're susceptible to stability corrupts, CC, blind, weakness etc.

Won't kill players before you die first because they become invlunerable for a brief moment when going down.

Try jumping in front of a gate an enemy zerg is Pv-door-ing

edit/ this is extraordinarily effective if the enemy has golems

Edited by TheBravery.9615