Guild Wars 2 weekly summer events begin tomorrow!

Revisiting the story like this is great for me because I ran thru it myself the first time many years after it came out, so the maps usually didn't have a lot of people.  This afternoon I was able to get a few achievements I wasn't able to before.  It's so much fun running around with everybody else going after things.  I look forward to all the events this summer.  Thank you to all who made this possible. 🙂

Edited by Kaliwenda.3428
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/24/2021 at 12:13 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

What are the actual minimum requirements for unlocking the chapters? It says free to play accounts can get them, but my friend who just started playing recently (hasn't gotten near to max level) isn't getting the mail to unlock the episodes.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692

14 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

What are the actual minimum requirements for unlocking the chapters? It says free to play accounts can get them, but my friend who just started playing recently (hasn't gotten near to max level) isn't getting the mail to unlock the episodes.

L80 characters get the mail; lower-level characters can buy the Episodes in the Story Journal for 0 Gems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Impressed by the rewards.  Thanks, Devs!  👍

Which is all that is required to keep the masses distracted from the fact that they are trying to buy as much time as possible to throw together something that will pass for an expansion after their previous business model failed miserably. I for some reason thought that these new achievements would involve some sort of new challenge with the stories, but that was pretty stupid of me to expect them to have the resources to put in even a bit of effort. This is a participation trophy being used as a distraction, nothing more. I honestly hope this expansion is the greatest thing ever, cause it seems they're putting the entire future of the game on the line here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

On 5/24/2021 at 8:44 PM, Image.8630 said:

I am curious to see those reruns.  Are we going back to the old destroyed LA or was that the time of the temporary relocation of LA to Vigil Keep?  Gonna bring back old memories.  🙂

I'm pretty sure it was the time when we were in Vigil Keep.

Dear ArenaNet... 

I love this initiative, however... I cannot understand why the long standing bugs have not been taken care of.

The Cornered instance was and still is extremely bugged.

Bomb achievement lost without being hit by a bomb

The mechanic to break the shield takes dozens of tries

Disconnect after defeat

Experienced and reported those bugs years ago, encountering them today again on the exact same spots and instances is kinda dissapointing.

On 5/25/2021 at 2:44 AM, Image.8630 said:

I am curious to see those reruns.  Are we going back to the old destroyed LA or was that the time of the temporary relocation of LA to Vigil Keep?  Gonna bring back old memories.  🙂

Temporary relocation and LA's destruction were in LS1 - we won't be seeing those. And while LA was not immediately rebuilt, we almost surely also won't be seeing the transitory city state either (While it was so long ago that i don't remember it all that well, i don't think there was a part of LS2 that took place in there)