May 25th nerfs

Freedoms.2635

I do not normally post at all but. Extremely upset with the recent nerfs to Mesmer. I recently come back to the game watched acouple videos talking about the May 15th changes I see Mesmer condi staff is doing good, knowing I don't have alot of time to farm out legendaries I went and spent 250$ Cad to buy bifrost to have some fun with my favorite character and build to have A net completely Nerf staff today. Now why in the blue moons would you nerf something so bad number one and 2. I'm out 250$ because they decided to make it nearly worthless now. Of course there's not going to be a refund or exchange. I "might" get a apology but now I really don't want to play the game because of there rash choice to nerf the damage by basically 60%.  This just leaves a extremely bad experience coming back and the likely hood of me spending more money is next to nothing because I'd rather not give more money to a company that basically screwed me over. 

Thanks A Net....

Edited by Freedoms.2635
  • Like 3
  • Haha 25
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Freedoms.2635 said:

A net completely kitten staff today.

huh, no, they didn't. And anyone not completely biased towards mesmer probably expected nerfs to that build.

"Anet, you buffed the staff to broken levels, so I immediatelly hopped on the train and spent moneyz on legendary weapon, so now you can't nerf it or u bad ok?"

I "might" get a apology

Um... for what exactly?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I do not normally post at all but. Extremely upset with the recent nerfs to Mesmer. I recently come back to the game watched acouple videos talking about the May 15th changes I see Mesmer condi staff is doing good, knowing I don't have alot of time to farm out legendaries I went and spent 250$ Cad to buy bifrost to have some fun with my favorite character and build to have A net completely Nerf staff today. Now why in the blue moons would you nerf something so bad number one and 2. I'm out 250$ because they decided to make it nearly worthless now. Of course there's not going to be a refund or exchange. I "might" get a apology but now I really don't want to play the game because of there rash choice to nerf the damage by basically 60%.  This just leaves a extremely bad experience coming back and the likely hood of me spending more money is next to nothing because I'd rather not give more money to a company that basically screwed me over. 

Thanks A Net....

Are you for real? That staff Mirage kitten is some of the most broken kitten in the game!!! This must be a troll post because in no way was the damage nerfed by 60%. Do you even know what 60% is?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Freedoms.2635 said:

Nerfs yes, but by 60%? This could of been done in increments but slugged by basically 2/3rds

That makes NO sense whateversoever. The damage for staff has not been nerfed to even close to that much. What 'increments' are you talking about? Since May 11th? There have been no increments. This is literally the only change SINCE May11th. Staff DPS was boosted to a ridiculous level on May11th and needed a correction. Your perception of the size of the nerf is vastly overstated. 

Again, where do you get your numbers from?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 6

Nobody forced you to spend real money to get a gen 1 legendary. Also it is still usable , it just isn't as strong as before.

On top of that , staff is a heavily used weapon on other classes:
* Heal firebrand (meta in PVE + WVW)
* PVE druids (meta for raids)
* Alacrity renegade / power renegade / power herald in PVE
* Staff daredevil
* WvW scourges

* WvW weavers

P.S. The nerf to winds of chaos was only for clones. I'd wait for benchmarks before jumping to conclusions.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Freedoms.2635 said:

I like how people will straight up insult verus's explaining there opinion

Well, the collective opinion is that your complaint is rather absurd because the nerf was completely reasonable. You should probably consider your limited experience/knowledge in the matter and conclude you were a little out of touch and not completely certain of the things you are saying.  I can assure you, the DPS was NOT nerfed 60%, EVEN for that single skill. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 6

I assume dont you play much condi mirage.  the clone shouldnt keep for too long. you will need to destroy after you got 3 clone.+ "winds of chaos" wont generate clone. so you will regularly switch to scepter.  

Yes mesmer is nerf , but only around few hundred  damages difference.  is that make you feel better?

2 hours ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

I assume dont you play much condi mirage.  the clone shouldnt keep for too long. you will need to destroy after you got 3 clone.+ "winds of chaos" wont generate clone. so you will regularly switch to scepter.  

Yes mesmer is nerf , but only around few hundred  damages difference.  is that make you feel better?

Thats not how you play that build in pve.

You have 3 clones up at all times and spam dodge for the ambush with infinite horizon. You do shatter but immediately get 3 clones back with staff 2 + self deception. no reason to swap to scepter unless you mean pvp.

Mirage dps is still busted. still 0 effort extremely high dps + boons. Post patch 50k+ dps on SH and 37k+ cairn still possible. thats higher boss dps than most classes have benchmarks. nothing except maybe cchrono can reach even reach close to 50k.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Look, the clones attack half as fast as the player.  So, look at the definite time frame of two player attacks.  We'll get:

2 Winds of Chaos (from Player)

3 Winds of Chaos (from 3 clones)

The condis for torment and confusion were reduced on the clones.  Now, ignoring Sharper Images, we can look at it like this:

2 Winds of Chaos (Player)

3 x 0.4 = 1.2 Winds of Chaos

You went from 5 to 3.2, which is a 36% damage nerf... excluding sharper images.  

Lol, spending real dollars and crying because ANet tuned down mirage staff a lil bit... 😹

If you had played / tested the class, you would know it is still playable and very powerful. Moreover the skill level of the build is not very high...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Are you for real? That staff Mirage kitten is some of the most broken kitten in the game!!! This must be a troll post because in no way was the damage nerfed by 60%. Do you even know what 60% is?

OP spent $250 on gems.   I don't ht ink they understand what numbers are.

• Haha 2

A-Net is not responsible for your lack of financial prowess. The post is full of hyperbole; you were not forced to buy anything, that is on you. You are not owed an apology. And, trust me, they are not going to lose sleep over the lack of your funding. Also, the whole "I rarely post" thing kind of cracked me up, since it says you joined the forum about a day or so ago. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

im ngl... how did u expect this not to happen.

30k Auto attack Mirage staff build

50k+Quickness+Alac Mirage staff build.

this is wildly overpowered and all media around the game said everythings on pause due to expecting nerfs to this, because its wildly Overpowered. heres a fact. the Staff mirage was created to give Mesmers another Point it can cover. it can supply alacrity, it was never susposed to be a Full DPS While doing that.

They explained the reasons for the nerfs, they are adequate. builds should not be doing what mirage did.. and having buidls completely not utitlising their weapon swaps and more is imho toxic to the game realistically, hopefully. this means Alacmirage to be good will be Staff / Axe+Torch. or something. 

Mesmers fill ALOT of roles.

The best tank in the game.

Alacrity supplier

Quickness Supplier.

Decent Condi and Power builds.

Theres no reason to getting mad about mesmers currently and to the decision of buying Legendaries with RL Money... we're on the brink of a new expansion. its obvious the Balancing will be wild as its all preparation to drop new elites onto speccs. its very likely you were gonna lose purpose for ur weapon regardless on mesmer because the new Elite may mean u drop it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Freedoms.2635 said:

Thanks A Net....

I think anet wants you to go axe mirage, since according to the web its at 37k,while staff mirage is 30k.

30k isn't great but if you want you can still use.

Edited by Axl.8924

The nerf was justified. It was OP in almost every game mode, including WvW and perhaps still is to a degree. But it's typical that they fix Mesmer being good within days, while terrible Mesmer bugs and problems are ignored for months and  years.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Yoci.2481 said:

The nerf was justified. It was OP in almost every game mode, including WvW and perhaps still is to a degree. But it's typical that they fix Mesmer being good within days, while terrible Mesmer bugs and problems are ignored for months and  years.

Staff wasn't OP in WvW ... it's projectile AND condi. Mirage only has one dodge on top of that. It would only be usable in roaming and that's assuming people have no cleanses.

• Like 4