Why reviving speed is actually kitten

According to the wiki, Finisher:

"A finisher is an action in PvP play that is used to finish an opponent while they are in downed state...Interacting begins an action similar to a channelled skill chich takes 3.5 seconds to execute..."

also according to the wiki, Revival:

"Reviving a defeated target gives 1% of total health every 0.2 seconds, for a total of 5% per second"

and finally, Downed

"Health while downed steadily drains at a rate of 2.5% per second"

Now simple maths : In 3.5 secs of channeling a finisher, a defeated target is getting rez by 8.75% ( (5-2) x 3.5). Meaning, your target needs to be at least at 91.25% of his heatlh if you want to finish him in time. All this means that even if you start channelling a finisher the milliseconds right after somone enters in downed state (so when he is at 99% of his health), you still don't have enough time for your finisher. Now add in the rezzing  guy's CCs, and the defeated one downed skills, and other bs rezzing traits, aaaaaaaaaaaand there is no kittening way you could finish him on time, even on the paper. Now imagine in game..... 

This is so stupid that in 1v2 or 2v2 team fights, people let themselves die on purpose because it s easier to get rez with 50% hp than tryharding to not die and wasting all yout cds in the process.

Reviving speed needs a serious tone down.

Edited by Eugchriss.2046
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

on top of that, after all the complaining about rezing being OP, they introduced sigils that makes reviving even kittening stronger.
Doesnt help the fact that scrourge is broken as kitten and is able to face-tank revive insane levels of damage.
Seen the kitteners legit facetant sicem, entire barrage + maul+hilt+maul and not drop a sweat from glass cannon, let alone having more then 1.
It honestly makes the game boring, as the only way to actually down anyone and kill anyone is
1 zerg the kitten out of someone and cleave 
or 
2 CC chain for hours untill their flesh finally hits the floor
SOOO many fights where I have to down someone and instantly leave them to be revived as I know there is nothing I can do about it.
Numbers win the game 1v2 you lose as 1, nothing you can do. Enemy us bad and goes down? doesnt matter.
They should srsl reduce revive speeds by ~30% as the dmg rates got reduced by ~30% across the board

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

on top of that, after all the complaining about rezing being OP, they introduced sigils that makes reviving even kittening stronger.
Doesnt help the fact that scrourge is broken as kitten and is able to face-tank revive insane levels of damage.
Seen the kitteners legit facetant sicem, entire barrage + maul+hilt+maul and not drop a sweat from glass cannon, let alone having more then 1.
It honestly makes the game boring, as the only way to actually down anyone and kill anyone is
or 
SOOO many fights where I have to down someone and instantly leave them to be revived as I know there is nothing I can do about it.
Numbers win the game 1v2 you lose as 1, nothing you can do. Enemy us bad and goes down? doesnt matter.
They should srsl reduce revive speeds by ~30% as the dmg rates got reduced by ~30% across the board

And then slap 300s CDs on all the revive traits.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

or 

Transference doesn't affect base revive speed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imo there should not be a down state at all.once you are beat you should be done. No second chances. They had a no down state weekend event in wvw once apon a time and it was the best fun i ever had fighting in groups in this game. Down state was one of the worst ideas ever thought up in a skill/pvp game.

Down state, res signet, and res banner 100% ruin 2v2 and 3v3s.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Imo there should not be a down state at all.once you are beat you should be done. No second chances. They had a no down state weekend event in wvw once apon a time and it was the best fun i ever had fighting in groups in this game. Down state was one of the worst ideas ever thought up in a skill/pvp game.

Down state, res signet, and res banner 100% ruin 2v2 and 3v3s.

The basic premise for this is that the enemy always bring skills that you apparently is incapable of using for some reason. Hm. 

But I dont think anyone would mind slower revival speed or lower initial downstate hp (I personally think it should be 66%/33%/dead).

Also, at least in pvp one rally per player. Please. And higher cd on revive traits yes. Downstate and reviving as a whole in pvp needs to be reworked.

Maybe in pvp also a unified 'downed skill set'? The profession specific downed skills are nice and give flavor in PvE but in PvP its just not balanced. Why can a ranger revive himself while an ele can only get invuln for 3 sec. Etc..

And all this would be easily solved if Anet would decide to disable the "F to Revive" action all players have, for the competitive and PvE endgame content (like fractals or raids). 

PvE would be easier to balance, more changelling  and PvP modes would improve significatively with more build variety because now builds may chose to include some revival skill / trait.  

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

And all this would be easily solved if Anet would decide to disable the "F to Revive" action all players have, for the competitive and PvE endgame content (like fractals or raids). 

PvE would be easier to balance, more changelling  and PvP modes would improve significatively with more build variety because now builds may chose to include some revival skill / trait.  

nah, revival is fine when it is risky, with how little dmg everything deals its no longer a risk
there is like nades holo and reaper/lich and thats about it when it comes to pressuring downed body, and its not even mentioning insta-revive skills.
Like before feb prople were not complaining about revive speed, yes sometimes people got up but it was 2 ways street, they could very well die for it. now? not so much.

Edited by Leonidrex.5649
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I absolutely agree. Might want to done down the damage of some one shot combos if downstate is removed though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aktium.9506 said:

Pretty sure it's because it's broken for Elementalists because of how Vapor Form counts as reviving yourself and then downing yourself again when it runs out iirc

And that stops them in WvW?

If we have gotten to the point where revival and revive utilities/traits have become OP (which is due to damage being gutted, but sustain, including revive speeds, not being gutted by the same amount), then it is time to start nerfing revive utilities, revive traits, and base rez speed.

That or bring back quickness stomp, or at least decrease the base stomp speed.

And if none of that is palatable then reduce the amount of  total downed health so that people can cleave  downs to defeated more easily and counter revivers through sheer DPS. 

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

And that stops them in WvW?

ANet really doesn't give a kitten about something like that in WvW since it's not something that really affects largescale, and smallscale and roaming aren't what the mode gets balanced around.

8 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

And if none of that is palatable then reduce the amount of  total downed health so that people can cleave  downs to defeated more easily and counter revivers through sheer DPS. 

Basic cleave should never ever be stronger than hand-ressing. The sweet spot is when cleave is only just enough to slow down or stalemate a ress until an actual stomp can be secured. Actively stomping over cleaving to secure the kill itself should be heavily incentivized and balanced around.

But I do think that the current speed of hand-ressing needs to be nerfed somewhat.

15 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

I'm starting to think that people who are outraged by the revival speed are those who cannot think further than "me Sic 'em me go TRRRRRA~"

It's easier to attack someone rather than his argument. How about you enlight us on how to think further with concrete examples.

• Like 3

People should get the exposed debuff while they hand rez. Imagine you're on the battlefield and your comrade is wounded. You turn your back to the enemy to help him off the ground. He warns you "Leave me, save yourself!", but you ignore him, and stubbornly and holst him off the ground. 

Big boi warrior man sees this and runs you over like a freight train. He rams his hammer so far up your back side your body goes limp and rag dolls into the stratosphere. You soar across the landscape breaking several air traffic laws. 

That's why you should be exposed while you rez. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

It's easier to attack someone rather than his argument. How about you enlight us on how to think further with concrete examples.

There is no point to make constructive dialogue with people who compain on forum without proper arguments but emotions only. Like "I CaNt ClEaVe oR StOmP pLz NeRf"

4 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

There is no point to make constructive dialogue with people who compain on forum without proper arguments but emotions only. Like "I CaNt ClEaVe oR StOmP pLz NeRf"

That's what I thought, you don't know how to think further either. Thanks for the clarification👌

Edited by Eugchriss.2046
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Sure I don't know. That is exactly why I came to forum to compain. Oh wait~

So you have the time to trashtalk others, to say you don't have time to waste and to respond to the the fact that you don't know how to think further, but not the time to share your wisdom with others.

It looks like an avoidance manoeuvre to me 😂.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

So you have the time to trashtalk others, to say you don't have time to waste and to respond to the the fact that you don't know how to think further, but not the time to share your wisdom with others.

It looks like an avoidance manoeuvre to me 😂.

It has nothing to do with time. I'm following the number 1 rule. I just dodge.

Since it's so easy to res people, removing rally could be interesting. In fact, that would make it like any game out there I know of which has downstate/incapacitated.

Adds tension, slows down the pace of games, introduce more teamwork pressure.

Instead of, focus one guy. Snowball entire team because one person wanted to help but 4 people gets rally and steam rolls.