Purity of Purpose : 2s ICD per target

Infusion.7149

Yeah will be an interesting change hopefully bringing back more support tempest builds.

I have to say, I really appreciate the Swiftness change and the speed with which they noticed and integrated it. Was painful to stack and keep up.

The superspeeed change will be interesting, let's see what happens.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

Small correction in case people forgot:

Superspeed out of combat is pretty much useless and just functions as swiftness given the movement speed cap is 400 units/s.

Superspeed is only of value in combat where the base movement speed is reduced and swiftness does not bring one to 400 u/s.

So superspeed stealth bombs where already a thing, given that was the regular engage. Nothing has changed here. The only difference is now if stealthing in combat and going for a bomb will be faster.

Info on movement speed can be found here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

The only difference is now if stealthing in combat and going for a bomb will be faster.

Much faster. All large battles keep players in combat. This change will have massive implications to comp squad vs unorganized fighting and is yet another nail in the coffin/hurdle to winning for clouding pugs not in discord.

Edited by Apokriphos.7042
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No warrior changes though... Perhaps they decide to just nerf the rest of you down so that warrior performs better eh?

I could see on their end something along the lines of "spellbreaker sees high usage in competitive modes" .

Then again there was "Berserker is strong in all modes" 😆.

----
In my opinion, if they want to make other supports more viable:
* med kit 1 spam should have had a cap on boons counted, if you have a herald + firebrand then the scaling far exceeds what other classes can heal for especially with quickness.

* slash gyros' Kinetic Accelerators base quickness to 0.5 or 1s in WvW (see mantra of potence) because unlike Mantra of Solace it actually isn't risky to run it
* superspeed on gyros in WvW reduced by half to make it akin to Master of Manipulation (it's split), mirage cloak, or Twist of Fate duration , because skills doing 3 things at once (effect+superspeed + quickness) just isn't healthy for any mode. Superspeed from bypass coating / throw elixir U should be retained as it is a single effect. To put it in perspective even the superspeed on Dragon Banner has 30s cooldown.

---> superspeed has value in combat for re-sustain, evading AoE, ignoring soft CC, and disengage , not just stealth push

This would retain stealth gyro + some superspeed + strong condition removal effects but reduce oppressiveness vs a comp using mostly non-scrappers such as berserker/spellbreaker (no superspeed), firebrands (low mobility), chronos (no superspeed), weaver (good luck hitting meteor on superspeed targets), tempests (low superspeed), herald (low superspeed), scourges (Purity of purpose nerf helps scourges), power soulbeasts , staff daredevil, etc.

Edited by Infusion.7149

3 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I could see on their end something along the lines of "spellbreaker sees high usage in competitive modes" .

Then again there was "Berserker is strong in all modes" 😆.

----
In my opinion, if they want to make other supports more viable:
* med kit 1 spam should have had a cap on boons counted, if you have a herald + firebrand then the scaling far exceeds what other classes can heal for especially with quickness.

* slash gyros' Kinetic Accelerators base quickness to 0.5 or 1s in WvW (see mantra of potence) because unlike Mantra of Solace it actually isn't risky to run it
* superspeed on gyros in WvW reduced by half to make it akin to Master of Manipulation (it's split), mirage cloak, or Twist of Fate duration , because skills doing 3 things at once (effect+superspeed + quickness) just isn't healthy for any mode. Superspeed from bypass coating / throw elixir U should be retained as it is a single effect. To put it in perspective even the superspeed on Dragon Banner has 30s cooldown.

---> superspeed has value in combat both for re-sustain and disengage , not just stealth push

This would retain stealth gyro + some superspeed + strong condition removal effects but reduce oppressiveness vs a comp using mostly non-scrappers such as berserker/spellbreaker (no superspeed), firebrands (low mobility), chronos (no superspeed), weaver (good luck hitting meteor on superspeed targets), tempests (low superspeed), herald (low superspeed), scourges (Purity of purpose nerf helps scourges), power soulbeasts , staff daredevil, etc.

See, this is what I like. We spend months nerfing the very first buff scrappers got in a big long chain of buffs before becoming meta. Then we systematically revert each change until scrappers are back to where they started.  Then we wonder what happened.

Medkit next, then superspeed! I think the best way to fix the stealth strength would be to make the gyros have some sort of marker or health like renegades channels have. That way enemies can target them to limit their effects. Creates counterplay.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Scraper / eng still better over all clear and with the super speed update i do not see it losing it places. The thing is roots maybe a bit stronger now and every one going to have pema super speed and its a bit harder to get resistances.

4 hours ago, God.2708 said:

See, this is what I like. We spend months nerfing the very first buff scrappers got in a big long chain of buffs before becoming meta. Then we systematically revert each change until scrappers are back to where they started.  Then we wonder what happened.

Medkit next, then superspeed! I think the best way to fix the stealth strength would be to make the gyros have some sort of marker or health like renegades channels have. That way enemies can target them to limit their effects. Creates counterplay.

LMAO, you want to turn gyros back into destructible minions and make them worthless again.

• Like 2