Legendary Armory silence

17 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

Yea its convoluted and annoying. When I want to switch infusions from character to character I need to first remove them from every gear template that uses it otherwise it doesn't go into my bag. Really frustrating. Maybe I'm just using it wrong? Could be, let me know if I am!

Nothing about that is convoluted or annoying. Of course you need to remove it from every build, if you removed it from one and it automatically removed it from other 3 tabs, it would just be stupid and defeated the purpose of having multiple eq tabs in the first place. Unless I don't understand your complaint, because at this moment it's like you want to make the current system worse "in case you're using infusion on multiple tabs of one character and need to constantly swap them between the characters and their multiple gear tabs" lol. Not only that, but this is about lege armor, the whole purpose of which would be that those "linked to different tabs" items would still be available for other characters as they are currently for one.

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nothing about that is convoluted or annoying. Of course you need to remove it from every build, if you removed it from one and it automatically removed it from other 3 tabs, it would just be stupid and defeated the purpose of having multiple eq tabs in the first place. Unless I don't understand your complaint, because at this moment it's like you want to make the current system worse "in case you're using infusion on multiple tabs of one character and need to constantly swap them between the characters and their multiple gear tabs" lol. Not only that, but this is about lege armor, the whole purpose of which would be that those "linked to different tabs" items would still be available for other characters as they are currently for one.

To be fair the topic was changed away from legendary armor (and not by me). My main point was that, whether WoW haters like it or not, their heirloom system is kitten near a perfect model for a legendary armory. It allows multiple instances of the same piece of gear (a goal of the armory), would allow multiple of the same piece to be transmogged differently (another goal of the armory), and it's available across the entire account (the goal of the armory). You made a comment about it "not being wow" I assume because you're a WoW hater/gw2 fanboi. I play both games religiously and can accept when either game has a better system. To make it fair ill say that the mounts in gw2 are the best iteration of mounts I've ever used. Now that I've offset the compliments for the game maybe we can focus on what a good system looks like, without game bias. 

Edit:

In fact, I bet if I said, oh there's this small unknown game that has a system that works like this and it's a super simple and user friendly way to do it, you probably would be happy and interested. But because it's the dreaded WoW it's suddenly immediately disregarded. That is such a petpeave of mine I can't not respond. 

Edited by Zalavaaris.5329
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

To be fair the topic was changed away from legendary armor (and not by me). My main point was that, whether WoW haters like it or not, their heirloom system is kitten near a perfect model for a legendary armory. It allows multiple instances of the same piece of gear (a goal of the armory), would allow multiple of the same piece to be transmogged differently (another goal of the armory), and it's available across the entire account (the goal of the armory). You made a comment about it "not being wow" I assume because you're a WoW hater/gw2 fanboi. I play both games religiously and can accept when either game has a better system. To make it fair ill say that the mounts in gw2 are the best iteration of mounts I've ever used. Now that I've offset the compliments for the game maybe we can focus on what a good system looks like, without game bias. 

Yes, if I said "this is not wow", it totally means I'm a "hater/fanboy", because if I wasn't one, then I guess it would mean this is wow. 🙃 Or maybe you're a wow fanboi (hey, using that was so easy, I'm sure it was enough to show you that you're wrong because writing "fanboi/hater" means so much) and can't look past it when we already have a solid part of what is needed in current interation of gear templates

You say you can accept when a system is better, but as a problem here you've listed the necessity to pull the item from every tab, as if the situation in which changing it from one gear template removed it from EVERY OTHER  as well would be something desired, lol (not only that, but also disregarded the whole reason of armory, which by design is supposed to remove the need of swapping lege gear between the characters). Overally imo it was -and is- a weird complaint for someone claiming he's objective.

18 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

Edit:

In fact, I bet if I said, oh there's this small unknown game that has a system that works like this and it's a super simple and user friendly way to do it, you probably would be happy and interested. But because it's the dreaded WoW it's suddenly immediately disregarded. That is such a petpeave of mine I can't not respond. 

In fact you'd lose your bet, but nice wishful thinking based on nothing. And "dreaded"? You really seem insulted by me saying "this is not wow", considering you keep going at it making these weird random, unsubstantiated claims. True "fanboi" indeed 😉

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, if I said "this is not wow", it totally means I'm a "hater/fanboy", because if I wasn't one, then I guess it would mean this is wow. 🙃 Or maybe you're a wow fanboi (hey, using that was so easy, I'm sure it was enough to show you that you're wrong because writing "fanboi/hater" means so much) and can't look past it when we already have a solid part of what is needed in current interation of gear templates

You say you can accept when a system is better, but as a problem here you've listed the necessity to pull the item from every tab, as if the situation in which changing it from one gear template removed it from EVERY OTHER  as well would be something desired, lol (not only that, but also disregarded the whole reason of armory, which by design is supposed to remove the need of swapping lege gear between the characters). Overally imo it was -and is- a weird complaint for someone claiming he's objective.

Dude that comment was an annoying part of the template... not the armory.... I should go back and delete it so you can't strawman and keep referring to it. Forget it and move on. And I am a WoW fanboi as well as a gw2 fanboi. I spend way more time on both than I should so I get you. I don't play ff14 but I won't hate on it because it isn't either of my main games. Now... forget about the removing from the templates.... thats off topic. YOU responded about not being WoW regarding the original idea which is similar to Wows heirloom system which would make an amazing armory system. 

Edit: you know what, I'm done with this conversation. It isn't going anywhere and is just another internet person arguing with another internet person about a topic that neither of us can do anything about. It's a waste of both of our times so I'll check back in to comment in the actual dicsussion etc. But my side of this argument won't go any farther. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

Dude that comment was an annoying part of the template... not the armory.... I should go back and delete it so you can't strawman and keep referring to it. Forget it and move on. And I am a WoW fanboi as well as a gw2 fanboi. I spend way more time on both than I should so I get you. I don't play ff14 but I won't hate on it because it isn't either of my main games. Now... forget about the removing from the templates.... thats off topic. YOU responded about not being WoW regarding the originally idea which is similar to Wows heirloom system which would make an amazing armory system. 

If I'm commenting on the post you DID WRITE, then it's not "a strawman", stop conveniently overusing terms. If deleting it helps you pretending you didn't write something, then so be it.

Also I think I pretty clearly wrote it would just be based on it:

"It can just work like it currently works for multiple gear tabs for the same character, so you see an item with a chain icon and are free to pick it for another build, except this one it's not for one character, but across the whole account. And hopefully it will be possible to transmutate it separately between the tabs too"

You claimed I'm "turning away good design", someone responded that "funny, because that design is already in the game" and for some reason you've decided to throw away the context of the comment chain that quoted every previous post and just pretend that I must be a "hater/fanboi" 🙃 

Or maybe keep in mind what was written before and stop pretending it would be "bad because you need to take it off every gear tab", when the whole concept is about legendary armory, which makes swapping gear between characters unneeded and that's exactly what I pointed out in the previous post.

Not only that, but even without that "lege armory context", the item removing itself from EVERY gear tab because you removed/swapped it from ONE would be a terrible idea <- and it seems that was exactly your complaint, so I don't see at which point there was any "strawman" on my part.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So you do understand how legendary works in different gear tabs over the same character right?

Imagine that but for your whole account and you got what @Sobx.1758 is speaking about.

Yea, so when you open your character tab you put the legendary on from the gear panel that's on the left of the ui. That item stays in that gear template on every one you have. So what I was saying is I'm hoping that panel exists still as it does but with every character having the option of adding the said legendary item to a gear slot and then be able to transmute the item on a per character basis. That idea is essentially what I was suggesting from the get go. 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

Yea, so when you open your character tab you put the legendary on from the gear panel that's on the left of the ui. That item stays in that gear template on every one you have. So what I was saying is I'm hoping that panel exists still as it does but with every character having the option of adding the said legendary item to a gear slot and then be able to transmute the item on a per character basis. That idea is essentially what I was suggesting from the get go. 

Sounded to me like you wanted wows heirloom system were you pull it out like the zenith skins to inventory then equip it onto the second third etc characters.

Totaly not the same at all.

Do agree that I hope you can costumize skin/colours per character or maybe even different tempate on the same char aswell.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Sounded to me like you wanted wows heirloom system were you pull it out like the zenith skins to inventory then equip it onto the second third etc characters.

Do agree that I hope you can costumize skin/colours per character or maybe even different tempate on the same char aswell.

Yeah, he just went back now on what he said earlier. Which is fine, but it's weird he's pretending that's what he was talking about.

His post from this thread (to which I answered that it's not wow and there's no need to conjure items into the bag, because it could just be based on current system): 

On 7/1/2021 at 8:57 PM, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

It should work like heirloom gear in WoW. You get a page with all the items you have, you select it and it basically conjures it into your bag. It is its own instance of that piece that can be enchanted, transmogged, gemmed, etc. Etc. For that character specifically. 

Immediately after he already changes what he said, despite still claiming any other system would be too convoluted:

4 hours ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

Any other system would be too convoluted. It's a good design and works very well. And it wouldn't be in your bags, it would be on your character in your build template. That's the entire point...

...and finally now he's apparently describing what I initially said, while claiming that's what he meant despite arguing against it (and I must be a hater/fanboi 😄 ). Who knows, maybe I'm missing something here. Somehow doubt though.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Thats essentially the same system. The difference is the build templates thing but that was off topic. It doesn't matter if the item is "stored" permanently in a build template or able to be put in a bag. The important part is the individual instance of the item that can be transmuted individually per character. Thats essentially what the heirloom system is (other than the set bonuses etc. Etc. Garbage). The other fundamental difference between the armory and the heirloom system is that if I have an heirloom sword, I can pull two out and dual wield them. I don't know where I stand on that with regards to the legendary armory. It would be cool to have access to dual wielding 1 incinerator or bolt but I highly doubt they will do that. (Not arguing that they should or should not, just stating the difference for the record lol)

Edit: I know someone is going to call me on it, but its not an exact remake of the heirloom system, I understand. It's the fundamental portion of the system that is important so please please please I don't want to hear "blah blah blah it isn't exactly the same rabble rabble rabble"

I get it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/1/2021 at 5:32 AM, Balsa.3951 said:

Still no info about that part

Anet u may want to let us know details before release, so last minute changes may possible? 

did u consider fashion wars?

will it cost gems?

rework of functionality?

rework of the UI?

Can we hide trinket effects, or even transmute trinkets and rings?

Revenant built template bugged for an over a year now 

if u don't tell us asap there will be no time for corrections before release 

it's a free feature so no gem cost but nothing said about in game cost (eg: could cost 250 MC to get a copy of a legendary item)

On 7/1/2021 at 12:32 AM, Balsa.3951 said:

Still no info about that part

Anet u may want to let us know details before release, so last minute changes may possible? 

did u consider fashion wars?

will it cost gems?

rework of functionality?

rework of the UI?

Can we hide trinket effects, or even transmute trinkets and rings?

Revenant built template bugged for an over a year now 

if u don't tell us asap there will be no time for corrections before release 

This silence on this topic should be the big tip off that there is indeed a kitten in the salad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Again, remember that templates were also announced as being free to access and use. Yet they somehow still have gem cost attached to them (and not a small one).

ye announced as being free
"You can swap the contents of the Build Template tabs for use in any game mode or purchase more tabs from the Gem Store."
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/learn-all-about-build-and-equipment-templates/

• Like 1

I hope it's good news. I've been sitting with everything I need to make a set of runes/sigils for weeks now. I'm not crafting them until I'm sure it will be worth it. They never were before because I play too many characters and having a single set is just pointless.

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958