Silhouette Teaser Weapon

16 hours ago, sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

He's wrong, its actually warrior melee pistols.  You hold them by the barrel.

Both right at the same time, warrior will throw his pistols, but only at melee range (130)... the weapon skin unlocked by the specializazion will be a banana.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe she's holding a Sword. and pointing a Dagger towards us.

Would be cool if it was a shortbow though. I really like both ideas. 

I don't think it will be a Spear. If they added the Spear as a main hand on the land. Surely most classes would be getting aquatic weapons for their next specialization. 

On 7/3/2021 at 7:23 AM, Eraden.8740 said:

Really, folks. It's a short spear. It's completely obvious. The size, the shape. Looks like a classic Chinese short spear.

This was my first thought also. It's called Qiang and they can be short enough to be held with one hand.

Could it be a new skill? I'm thinking in terms of elementalist summoned weapons, like a phantasmal javelin skill for the mesmer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

This was my first thought also. It's called Qiang and they can be short enough to be held with one hand.

Could it be a new skill? I'm thinking in terms of elementalist summoned weapons, like a phantasmal javelin skill for the mesmer.

Sounds like a cool idea but it’s still a bow.

I’d love a new set of land weapons for everyone but I think our biggest feature will be playable tengu with weapons staying the same. Could see warriors getting staves imitating spears though.

6 hours ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

I'm still betting on it being a spear. Thanks for that bit of info. I didn't know what the actual name of the spear was. It just seems like such a natural fit for Cantha as well. Time for pole arms!

34 minutes ago, Tungsten Monarch.6058 said:

The skills for these weapons would work great above ground.

No, they wouldnt.

many weapons have this "trail" thingy that is akward and useless outside water. and even more have skills with no ground targetting and verticality problems.

could they be reworked? sure, and if Anet wanted to pull a fast one, reworking them would be much much easier for them than creating entirely new weapons. but pretty much none of the aquatic weapons would work "as is" in land

Edited by Konrad Curze.5130

My guess is that it's a dagger with an additional blade as the pommel. The end of the weapon doesn't look like it's going straight, but rather going inward as if to form a pointed tip of a blade. A focus could be in the offhand, which would explain the hand posture.

Hmm, I was checking the images of the old elite specs on the wiki and noticed that the only weapon shown is always the new added one...

So, unless they have changed methodology, the one shown is the new one.

If this one is a mesmer that means that the weapon is a Dagger, a Spear or a Bow, I don't think it can be anything else.

2 hours ago, hash.8462 said:

Hmm, I was checking the images of the old elite specs on the wiki and noticed that the only weapon shown is always the new added one...

So, unless they have changed methodology, the one shown is the new one.

If this one is a mesmer that means that the weapon is a Dagger, a Spear or a Bow, I don't think it can be anything else.

Even if you follow that logic, why keep saying spear? Did HoT add any underwater weapons to elites above land? No, just already existing land weapons. Did PoF add any underwater weapons to elites above land? No, just already existing land weapons. 

43 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Even if you follow that logic, why keep saying spear? Did HoT add any underwater weapons to elites above land? No, just already existing land weapons. Did PoF add any underwater weapons to elites above land? No, just already existing land weapons. 

I also don't think is a spear, just a very slim chance but I don't feel like excluding it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 12:19 AM, Bast.7253 said:

You’re right. Having an extra large symmetrical dagger in the right hand and a vague impression of someone pointing with the right despite not being able to make out any fingers in the right hand makes way more sense.

Nevermind the fact that if it is a Mesmer, they’ve already gotten a main hand and an offhand with previous elite specs. 

What is “illusionary blades?” 

I get that you’re offended by the fact that I’m committed to the fact that it’s a bow because you’ve determined it’s a dagger but we can revisit this in a month when they announce specs and I’m right. 😁

As to whether it’s a Mesmer or ele, we don’t really know. We assume Mesmer because of the coloring but that could be a red herring. 

And no, I’d prefer a spear or trident. I’m just calling it like it is.

Sooo, who was calling it like it is? 😁

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

@Bast.7253, told you so:

On 7/10/2021 at 11:18 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Of course you can't - it's a silhouette! If she is pointing, the fingers are in line with her arm, hence no fingers visible in the silhouette. D'uh! :classic_wink:

No one draws an arrow from their quiver without raising their elbow, so it was crystal clear that she was pointing at us. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

@Bast.7253, told you so:

No one draws an arrow from their quiver without raising their elbow, so it was crystal clear that she was pointing at us. :classic_rolleyes:

Still would have worked. Sorry you don’t have the imagination to see it.

But grats on being right! Hoping that dagger model is in game.

• Confused 1