About those with more legendary items than can be held

We’ve identified a small number of players (approximately 0.008%) who own more account-bound copies of a unique legendary item than their Legendary Armory can hold. We’ll reach out to those players in the days following the release with information about how to resolve the issue.

- https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-legendary-armory-arrives-july-13/

First I would like to mentioned that I appreciate that this is even being concerned at all. I wasn't expecting any compensation given the low amount of players affected.

Second, I'm guessing this affects players who have made similar duplicate armors the most (not sure if owning a legendary pve armor piece AND the same slot as WvW or Spvp for example, countes given the different skins). Meaning if you have 2 heavy pve legendary armor sets, one would be duplicate.

Third, in case of the PvE armor, depending on how the intended solution might look  this has a huge potential to disrupt the total amount of LI a player owns (say if materials get reimbursed but not LI or so). Now to 99% of the player base this might seem insignificant, but to those who are at the top of the leaderbord (at least on efficiency), this could be very demotivating. I know 2 players who are among the top 20 total LI/LD account owned. It would be nice if this could be considered.

That said, looking forward to the patch (but not to all the character management which will follow it 😅).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Confused 2

Seems like a pretty pointless thread that tries to speak for others for no reason, seeing how the interested players will have to resolve it by being contacted by anet. If those players are indeed worried about something like "disrupted LI amount rank", it's hard to believe they won't ask about it themselves.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Seems like a pretty pointless thread that tries to speak for others for no reason, seeing how the interested players will have to resolve it by being contacted by anet. If those players are indeed worried about something, it's hard to believe they won't ask about it.

Except I am affected, as in I have 3 duplicate legendary armors and am rather high up in the leaderbord. I might not be top 20, but I am up there.

Also you seem to have not finished reading, given the developers stated:

We’ll reach out to those players in the days following the release with information about how to resolve the issue.

As such I am providing information on an issue which has already arisen for the developers to potential already consider BEFORE reaching out. Isn't that what these forums and feedback are for?

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Except I am affected

I felt some humblebrag attempt there tbh xD

Anyways, this thread is pointless, you literally quoted that it will be resolved by anet reaching out to you/affected players, so you can talk with them and resolve the issues you have pretty much personally. This thread serves no real purpose (maybe other than what I said in the first sentence? 😁 ).

Also you seem to have not finished reading, given the developers stated:

We’ll reach out to those players in the days following the release with information about how to resolve the issue.

This is part of what I wrote above:

"...seeing how the interested players will have to resolve it by being contacted by anet."

(as far as I know, this is what "reaching out" means here?)

So I guess I did finish reading it and that's exactly why this thread seems pointless.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

I can see the following actions:

Give redeemable tokens for them to pick their legendary of choice (as in ANY, like if you had 8 Bolts, you would get 4 vouchers to redeem for any other legendary, including runes, sigils, armor, and trinkets).

or

Redeem the components with a voucher to redeem for a new precursor to replace the previous one.

I'm curious about what they'll do as well. It doesn't affect me as I don't have any duplicate legendaries, but if they do offer something like a full refund of all the materials it could impact the economy for some of the rarer things.

I'll be surprised if they consider factors like unofficial league tables however. Although they might not offer a refund of LI for other reasons, like the fact that a lot of players consider it fairly useless once you've got legendaries so I doubt getting it back would be very appealing, except for those who do engage in the unofficial league tables of course.

@Cyninja.2954 - If you're willing and able to tell us what Anet offer when they contact you that would be useful, I'm sure it's something that will keep coming up on this forum as players return to the game and it would be helpful to know what their options are.

Just now, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm curious about what they'll do as well. It doesn't affect me as I don't have any duplicate legendaries, but if they do offer something like a full refund of all the materials it could impact the economy for some of the rarer things.

I was thinking the same thing, but given this affects a really small subset of the player base, the upset will likely be smaller than the spike which happened with this announcement. We will have to wait and see.

I'll be surprised if they consider factors like unofficial league tables however. Although they might not offer a refund of LI for other reasons, like the fact that a lot of players consider it fairly useless once you've got legendaries so I doubt getting it back would be very appealing, except for those who do engage in the unofficial league tables of course.

True, which is why I thought it might be worth bringing to the attention of the devs. In the end it might not be worth to much time but some "simple" or rather strait forward solutions would minimize the issue. Say what DanAlcedo.3281 mentioned about a refund of materials.

In the end affected players will have to wait and see.

@Cyninja.2954 - If you're willing and able to tell us what Anet offer when they contact you that would be useful, I'm sure it's something that will keep coming up on this forum as players return to the game and it would be helpful to know what their options are.

Sure, if my duplicate legendaries fall into this category (again, I assume armors should apply), I can update this thread as things develop.

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Second, I'm guessing this affects players who have made similar duplicate armors the most (not sure if owning a legendary pve armor piece AND the same slot as WvW or Spvp for example, countes given the different skins). Meaning if you have 2 heavy pve legendary armor sets, one would be duplicate.

I'm pretty sure they don't count, ie if its a different skin, even if it still say a heavy chest piece, then those are different legendary items. Lets face it, a number of people make more then one legendary greatsword, because the skin is different.

I'm willing to bet that the 0.008% are those people that got sick of moving legendary gear from one toon to another and made a second exactly same set. In other words, using the screenshot from the announcements, they made 2 Light Armor Perfected Envoy Cowls and as the screenshot shows, you can only store/have 1. So it's for those people that Anet will do something specific for.

1 minute ago, Anthonev.6452 said:

I'm pretty sure they don't count, ie if its a different skin, even if it still say a heavy chest piece, then those are different legendary items. Lets face it, a number of people make more then one legendary greatsword, because the skin is different.

I'm willing to bet that the 0.008% are those people that got sick of moving legendary gear from one toon to another and made a second exactly same set. In other words, using the screenshot from the announcements, they made 2 Light Armor Perfected Envoy Cowls and as the screenshot shows, you can only store/have 1. So it's for those people that Anet will do something specific for.

Yeah, pretty sure it doesn't count by the same example they gave with the swords.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

(not sure if owning a legendary pve armor piece AND the same slot as WvW or Spvp for example, countes given the different skins).

It definitely should, seeing as you don't make WvW/SPvP legendary armor for skin (after all, you get that skin from basic ascended gear, even before you start working on the legendary).

I, too, am curious on how they are going to handle the armor. I know many who have multiple copies of sets of the PvE armor, and I can see how they will likely just get refunded (or whatever) for having extra sets of those. However, while I could have also made all my extra sets of armor from PvE (I have 1 full PvE set of each weight), I opted to make my extras from WvW. So I can just as easily see how I'm going to potentially be punished for diversifying how I built my multiple sets of armor, where those who didn't may have a nice windfall after the armory comes out.

Edited by Kaatora.3186

12 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

We’ve identified a small number of players (approximately 0.008%) who own more account-bound copies of a unique legendary item than their Legendary Armory can hold. We’ll reach out to those players in the days following the release with information about how to resolve the issue.

- https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-legendary-armory-arrives-july-13/

It isn't that they count as different skins. They have unique item names just as legendary weapons have unique names (think of the 4 bolts, 4 shining blades example). So don't worry about that.

The duplicate occurs when you have two or more of the same item for only 1 slot for that type of item. Like you can't equip gloves in the boots slot so the limit will be 1 per item name. So if you have 2 heavy perfected envoy helmets then yes, that is duplicate.

6 hours ago, Kaatora.3186 said:

I, too, am curious on how they are going to handle the armor. I know many who have multiple copies of sets of the PvE armor, and I can see how they will likely just get refunded (or whatever) for having extra sets of those. However, while I could have also made all my extra sets of armor from PvE (I have 1 full PvE set of each weight), I opted to make my extras from WvW. So I can just as easily see how I'm going to potentially be punished for diversifying how I built my multiple sets of armor, where those who didn't may have a nice windfall after the armory comes out.

Valid point. The main issue here coming from the lack of a unique skin for the Spvp and WvW legendary versions.

As is, or at least once the armory arrives, there is no real benefit in having a legendary armor piece, on the same slot, from multiple game modes. Having a legendary armor and the equivalent ascended, from Spvp or WvW, unlocks the same amount of skins and flexibility.

Let's see what the developers come up with.

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update to this:

I just received 1 Legendary Trunk item per duplicate legendary.

The legendary trunk items allows 1 choice of unlock of any legendary armor or rune or sigil. Now I had 3 spare armors. My guess is spare weapons will have similar choices for T1 weapons.

My spare armor pieces are still there too. Useless use wise on the character, but good for maintaining the LI spent.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Update to this:

I just received 1 Legendary Trunk item per duplicate legendary.

The legendary trunk items allows 1 choice of unlock of any legendary armor or rune or sigil. Now I had 3 spare armors. My guess is spare weapons will have similar choices for T1 weapons.

My spare armor pieces are still there too. Useless use wise on the character, but good for maintaining the LI spent.

Thanks for the info. 🙂

Did Anet ask what you wanted to do, or did you just get sent the legendary trunks with no previous discussion?

Just now, Cyninja.2954 said:

Just received mail just now.

That's interesting, the way the announcement was worded made me think you'd get to choose from a few different options.

I wonder what they'd do if someone had so many unique legendaries and/or duplicates that they couldn't choose replacement for all their stuff? Of course I don't know if that's happened, especially with them allowing for things like 4 Bolts and 4 Shining Blades, but it would be interesting to see what the solution would be.

5 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

That's interesting, the way the announcement was worded made me think you'd get to choose from a few different options.

I wonder what they'd do if someone had so many unique legendaries and/or duplicates that they couldn't choose replacement for all their stuff? Of course I don't know if that's happened, especially with them allowing for things like 4 Bolts and 4 Shining Blades, but it would be interesting to see what the solution would be.

That's the case for me.

I have PvE and WvW legendary skins unlocked (PvE as legendary, WvW skin only). 6 runes and 4 sigils.

Now I can select the Pvp skins (the skins available are the first version, not the rank 100 one. Same for WvW), 1 more rune and 4 sigils. That leaves me with a spare 7 Legendary Trunks. Technically I could select the WvW legendary armor again and get the legendary version without unlocking the skin, but even that would leave me with 1 Legendary Trunk spare.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

Hmm I made 2 conflux and get a choice of some trinkets and weapons. Perhaps those with armor could combine several of these chests into weapons? Replacing armor with armor doesn't help.

Anyhow thanks Anet for the free legendary! I am sure you can do good by these people here.

Not even sure what I want atm.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

2 hours ago, Glass Too.4709 said:

I wonder what would happen if I crafted a duplicate legendary armor item. Would I end up with another legendary trunk?

Why would you?

With the implementation of armory you are knowingly wasting resources.

So that should not be rewarded in anyway.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why would you?

With the implementation of armory you are knowingly wasting resources.

It depends on what happens when I make more duplicates if it is a waste of resources. Suppose I want more Envoy armor but don't have the requisite items, but have plenty of the stuff needed to make more copies of WVW gear. 

If I knew I would get more Legendary trunks it could well be worth it.

Another question is what happens if you have every legendary of a type already? The trunks don't do you much good unless new legendaries are added when there is a new expansion.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by Glass Too.4709