I feel screwed over by the Legendary Armory [Merged]

So, I have 7 sets of legendary armor: 3 PvE and 4 WvW. Zero compensation. And I made all the PvE ones before even starting the WvW ones, so it's not like I made the PvE ones later for the skin. I could have just as easily made all 7 sets be the PvE ones, but did not for no particular reason. The only thing that doesn't make this whole thing worse is that I stopped making armors when the initial announcements for the armory was made more than a year ago.

The thing is, if they would have just not compensated anyone for having excess armor, I'm sure no one would have cared. However, they decided to compensate only a subset of those with excess armor, and that's just vile.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

me too have two sets of legendary medium armor the pvp and the pve and i still feel bad that we cannot get any compensation , and i agree that if we would have a previous warning i wouldnt have ever created the pvp one now i feel screwed cuz, while i still think the true fix for this is to create an unique skin for the legendary wvw/pvp or return a portion of the mats used cuz now if u have the pvp/wvw and the pve one the pvp/wvw is useless function wise and skin wise there is literally no difference between someone who has those ASCENDED skins tmog on a legendary pve armor vs the people who have the real pvp/wvw armor and we all know they will not create a new skins just to please a few of us.

i just wish a dev could share some thoughts with us about this topic  ,cuz right now it feels already a little abandoned by them.

PD: sorry if i have a little broken english its not my native language

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After some days dicussing this with support GMS, yeah, here is one more affected by this BS. 

It is insane that people that have invested such time and effort on crafting several armor pieces do not get anything. This is a terrible way of implementing new features for veteran players who have been supporting this game for a long time. 

I would be mad if they would not had compensated to anyone but this? This is just stupid. Does it really take that much to confirm the situation of the account and to send an email with something to make it up to the players? really?

I can not undertand how it is a good bussiness decission to make your players angry Anet... 

• Like 3

Being a veteran and supporting the game and the community does not give us any added clout.  It's frustrating, the 10,000 plus hours I've spent in this game and literal hundreds of dollars (probably thousands) in gems, means so little in the grand scheme of things.  But if they could simply come out and say "We realize there has been a small percentage of the player base who have been affected by the Legendary Armory in an unforeseen way and we are working towards a solution in the near future."  That would be enough.  I don't need them to admit any fault; it was an accident.  I don't care about that.  I just care that there is a fix in the works and that those of us who have now lost 3k+ Gold in equipment value (that we paid for not knowing about any legendary armory) will be getting some sort of compensation along the EXACT SAME LINES as all of the other people.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Legendary Armory was announced back in March of 2020. If anyone crafted extra legendary armor since then, then its their fault.

If anyone had crafted multiple different types of sets (envoy,wvw,,pvp) of the same weight class and are complaining then they need to stop being dramatic, especially if it was years ago. We are talking about gold spent well over a year ago, some of these people way longer than that.  They enjoyed using that armor on multiple characters for years and now are all of a sudden offended. 

If someone is frustrated by this, they need to go to do some inner reflection.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Legendary Armory was announced back in March of 2020. If anyone crafted extra legendary armor since then, then its their fault.

If anyone had crafted multiple different types of sets (envoy,wvw,,pvp) of the same weight class and are complaining then they need to stop being dramatic, especially if it was years ago. We are talking about gold spent well over a year ago, some of these people way longer than that.  They enjoyed using that armor on multiple characters for years and now are all of a sudden offended. 

If someone is frustrated by this, they need to go to do some inner reflection.

What do you want to tell everyone that has WVW armor right now and maybe not all pieces of PVE armor? Pay extra for a skin/title just because of the order of unlock? This is not conjecture as my guild leader also plays all 3 modes and they have one set PVP (light I think), one set PVE (heavy), one set WVW (medium).

It's basically about equality, PvE players with extra sets received runes/sigils for the most part (unless you are an even smaller fraction of the 0.008% that had all runes and sigils). It's also about future sets not just about pre-existing sets. The only people that make it out ahead are PVE players because if you have 3 sets of PVE armor (all weights) and make the ascended WVW/PVP skins you're ahead of someone who made PVP/WVW sets first because they need to dump resources into envoy for either the skin(s) or title that a PVE would not have to.

Now if PVP and WVW had a different skin when legendary (see Ad Infinitum vs Warbringer / Ascension) that would be different. That's why I suggested here multiple times that is the ideal method of solving this "issue".

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

What do you want to tell everyone that has WVW armor right now and maybe not all pieces of PVE armor? Pay extra for a skin/title just because of the order of unlock? This is not conjecture as my guild leader also plays all 3 modes and they have one set PVP (light I think), one set PVE (heavy), one set WVW (medium).

Yea, if they want the skin then they need to unlock it. Its their choice, they obviously made the choice to make half 1 set and half another.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Yea, if they want the skin then they need to unlock it. Its their choice, they obviously made the choice to make half 1 set and half another.

Then there should be a Envoy vendor that only gives you the skin (i.e. ascended upgrade to ascended) and charges LI + everything but the material sink once Envoy II is finished.
Plus you're also forgetting people that made 2 PVP or WVW sets with different skins (mistforged + non mistforged). They also got nothing.

You're thinking of this purely through the lens of a PVE only player.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Then there should be a Envoy vendor that only gives you the skin (i.e. ascended upgrade to ascended) and charges LI + everything but the material sink once Envoy II is finished.
Plus you're also forgetting people that made 2 PVP or WVW sets with different skins (mistforged + non mistforged). They also got nothing.

You're thinking of this purely through the lens of a PVE only player.

You assume how I am thinking about this, you know what they say about assumers...

I have medium envoy and medium pvp legendary set, I could care less. It was years ago, how does that affect me now? 

Again back to my earlier point of "We are talking about gold spent well over a year ago, some of these people way longer than that.  They enjoyed using that armor on multiple characters for years and now are all of a sudden offended."

Its really not that big of a deal, definitely not something to be frustrated about. Those people got years of use out of that armor.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

You assume how I am thinking about this, you know what they say about assumers...

I have medium envoy and medium pvp legendary set, I could care less. It was years ago, how does that affect me now? 

Again back to my earlier point of "We are talking about gold spent well over a year ago, some of these people way longer than that.  They enjoyed using that armor on multiple characters for years and now are all of a sudden offended."

Its really not that big of a deal, definitely not something to be frustrated about. Those people got years of use out of that armor.

How does it affect you now?
If you had 2 PVE sets and the skin for PVP you would have had 6 runes/sigils...

edit: It's also worth nothing the massive income difference from PVE and WVW. WVW is the only mode where you could actively lose gold (if you drop massive amounts of siege and tactics) although it has become much more palatable over the years. Some examples of this are: paying for repairs every time you die, paying to upgrade a keep/tower/camp, paying for guild siege, paying for tactics/tricks/traps, and paying for utilities/food. The poor WVW commander is a meme that has been propagated for a while now and I've even read of commanders taking out ingame loans from PVE players.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

The affect is that others who made similar decisions are being compensated quite handsomely for it.  Meanwhile, us with a very peculiar and specific issue are being left by the side.  If no one received anything, then I wouldn't be bothered as much.  Considering I know a few people who received quite a few of these chests and thusly unlocked a lot of useable gear...  It would be nice for there to be a little bit of equity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Carnage Runner.4102 said:

The affect is that others who made similar decisions are being compensated quite handsomely for it.  Meanwhile, us with a very peculiar and specific issue are being left by the side.  If no one received anything, then I wouldn't be bothered as much.  Considering I know a few people who received quite a few of these chests and thusly unlocked a lot of useable gear...  It would be nice for there to be a little bit of equity.

Yes the way they did the compensation, if you made the exact sane skin legendary armor more then once you would have got it too.

8 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

It's basically about equality, PvE players with extra sets received runes/sigils for the most part (unless you are an even smaller fraction of the 0.008% that had all runes and sigils). It's also about future sets not just about pre-existing sets. The only people that make it out ahead are PVE players because if you have 3 sets of PVE armor (all weights) and make the ascended WVW/PVP skins you're ahead of someone who made PVP/WVW sets first because they need to dump resources into envoy for either the skin(s) or title that a PVE would not have to.

After years of PvP and WvW players basically getting shafted when compared to PvE players that surely isn't a surprise. Which of course doesn't make the situation any better, but it can temper expectations. This whole situation is business as usual unfortunately.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 8:09 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Yes the way they did the compensation, if you made the exact sane skin legendary armor more then once you would have got it too.

You do not understand how this has actually been implemented versus what the complaint is.  The opening statement of this thread will catch you up on what is actually the issue.

On 8/10/2021 at 12:44 AM, The Fear.3865 said:

Do raids. 

You're missing the point. We DO Raids. We do ALL MODES. The procurement methods for each type of legendary is different, but the real issue is a clear reward imbalance that boils down to two things: PvP and WvW "Legendary" armor (even Mistforged) doesn't get a skin upgrade at all (it has the precursor skin) and Perfected Envoy skins cannot be obtained without actually crafting legendary armor unlike Mistforged skins which can be purchased without crafting ANY armor.

This creates a MASSIVE imbalance that wasn't an issue before the Armory, but now its a very real issue.

It can also have a very simple solution: Either give the PvP/WvW Legendary upgrades a unique skin set or create a method to buy Perfected Envoy skins that models the way Mistforged skins can be purchased to balance the costs of obtaining full sets of legendary armor and skin sets so that some people dont have to pay an extra 20k or so in gold for the exact same thing: 1 heavy, med, light legendary armor set + all 54 skins. Its totally not kittening balanced and yes its really like a 20k gold difference to get the EXACT SAME rewards from playing the SAME CONTENT. People would still have to farm LI, Chak, eggs, etc, etc. all the same work. It would just balance the cost:reward issue the armory created.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Carnage Runner.4102 said:

You do not understand how this has actually been implemented versus what the complaint is.  The opening statement of this thread will catch you up on what is actually the issue.

I responded to your post that not everyone was compensated the same.

But people were if someone made two heavy Perfected Envoy armor pve set or two heavy Mistforged Glorius Hero's armor spvp set or two  Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor wvw sets.

They were compensated the exact same way.

If people chose to do different legendary skin armors then I guess you wanted more legendary armors and the diferent skins even tho you could buy them much cheaper with just going ascended.

Why should you be compensated years later for something you still have in your account inventory the extra of each set went poof so were compensated.

Something I dont agree with is that people who made two confluxes, by upgrading their slumbering conflux to full just before armory droped so they could use the two, got compensated when the limit for conflux is 2 after update so nothing was lost.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

You're missing the point. We DO Raids. We do ALL MODES. The procurement methods for each type of legendary is different, but the real issue is a clear reward imbalance that boils down to two things: PvP and WvW "Legendary" armor (even Mistforged) doesn't get a skin upgrade at all (it has the precursor skin) and Perfected Envoy skins cannot be obtained without actually crafting legendary armor unlike Mistforged skins which can be purchased without crafting ANY armor.

This creates a MASSIVE imbalance that wasn't an issue before the Armory, but now its a very real issue.

I dont. You knew the rules, and you chose to bypass the challenge and the timegate in order to get your 3 sets, but without any bonus skin. That was your choice. 

I spend >50% of my time on pvp and wvw, when I chose to go for a legy armor set, I had the choice between a skin and a title that would make a year of intense farming, or an instant full legy set (cuz 10k ascended glory shards and stuff u know...). Yea well, I chose the hard path, and I dont think it would be fair if that skin would now be given to easy mode.

When they announced legy armory, it was obvious people should do the pve set if they wanted title and skins, if they didnt want to, no problem, but why asking for compensation. 

Also, I dont know why you compare mistforged and envoy cuz these skins are not related to legendaries but ranking and they already nerfed the WvW one for some reason. Anyway, a special wvw and pvp legendary skin could be a good thing ! 

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

But people were if someone made two heavy Perfected Envoy armor pve set or two heavy Mistforged Glorius Hero's armor spvp set or two  Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor wvw sets.

They were compensated the exact same way.

Give that man a cookie. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, The Fear.3865 said:

I dont. You knew the rules, and you chose to bypass the challenge and the timegate in order to get your 3 sets, but without any bonus skin. That was your choice. 

I spend >50% of my time on pvp and wvw, when I chose to go for a legy armor set, I had the choice between a skin and a title that would make a year of intense farming, or an instant full legy set (cuz 10k ascended glory shards and stuff u know...). Yea well, I chose the hard path, and I dont think it would be fair if that skin would now be given to easy mode.

When they announced legy armory, it was obvious people should do the pve set if they wanted title and skins, if they didnt want to, no problem, but why asking for compensation. 

Also, I dont know why you compare mistforged and envoy cuz these skins are not related to legendaries but ranking and they already nerfed the WvW one for some reason. Anyway, a special wvw and pvp legendary skin could be a good thing ! 

Give that man a cookie. 

A year on intense farming?  Hah.  You can get PVE legendary in 2 months or less of modest raiding.  The biggest time gate is killing goreseval for 5 weeks...  You don't understand what the actual issue is.  You get 0 aesthetic improvement for legendary PvP/WvW skins.  You still pay the same for utility as you would in PVE.  Now with the armory out they have weighted the PvP Legendary skins the equivalent value as the PVE legendary skin, which it most definitely is not.  This creates a massive imbalance.  Give no one regards or give everyone rewards.  Anet basically told us we are SoL because they didn't see the glaring problem they created.  Envoy precursor to Envoy Legendary has a skin and function value.  Mistforgrd Precursor to Mistforgrd Legendary has 0 skin value, it only had function.  Saying I paid for multiple skins and should be happy is stupid.  I would not have WASTED literal thousands of gold on PvP legendary if I knew the armory was coming.  Now others are getting compensated and I'm told "tough luck".  That's nonsensical.  There is literally no argument that can refute how unbalanced this all is for the fee of us in this situation.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You are missing the point, I was talking about the full set of legendary armor, you cant get it in two months, but 7.5 months if you make perfect full clear every weeks (about one year for me on 100% pugway). 

I dont get why you argue considering one set only, we are talking about multiple legendary armors on pvp and wvw that stops you to make the pve one for skin and title only cuz you already have the functionality. Again you bypass the timegate and the challenge in order to get your full legy set faster, now that is the price to pay. And if you chose to do so years ago, I think you had time to benefit from that choice.. 

I understand what you say, and I disagree, you chose to craft the easy and fast pvp/wvw set, so you dont deserve the skins and pve raider title. Im sorry but that is how it is.

Giving the skin to everyone would be unfair for raiders imo, I would have finished my full set years ago if I could just bought wvw and pvp set and also get the skins + raider title. 

Anyway, have a nice day and gl with your quest. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, The Fear.3865 said:

You are missing the point, I was talking about the full set of legendary armor, you cant get it in two months, but 7.5 months if you make perfect full clear every weeks (about one year for me on 100% pugway). 

I dont get why you argue considering one set only, we are talking about multiple legendary armors on pvp and wvw that stops you to make the pve one for skin and title only cuz you already have the functionality. Again you bypass the timegate and the challenge in order to get your full legy set faster, now that is the price to pay. And if you chose to do so years ago, I think you had time to benefit from that choice.. 

I understand what you say, and I disagree, you chose to craft the easy and fast pvp/wvw set, so you dont deserve the skins and pve raider title. Im sorry but that is how it is.

Giving the skin to everyone would be unfair for raiders imo, I would have finished my full set years ago if I could just bought wvw and pvp set and also get the skins + raider title. 

Anyway, have a nice day and gl with your quest. 

What?  You make no sense.  Raid armor is easy.  The time gate is no different then PvP.  It takes ages to get ascended shards of glory.  LI is simple to get.  150 required for the first set of Legendary which takes 10 weeks to get.  (6 weeks if you trade 10 divinations for LI per week). I crafted all 3 PvE sets before I crafted a PvP set.  "Raider Title" ???  I raid weekly, I used to do PvP weekly as well.  The PVP armor would take me longer to get than the PVE armor.  You do not understand what is being discussed here.  

People being compensated are getting something and some of us are getting nothing, even though we are in the exact same boat.  I did not unlock an exclusive skin with my PvP legendary armor so counting it in the armory as a separate thing makes absolutely no sense.  I have an entire set of armor in the armory that is 100% useless now.  3xplwon to me how it is fair that I should get nothing to compensate me for this while others are getting compensation.

Make a valid argument that explains how that is reasonable from anet.  One party gets a free item, the other party gets nothing.  Both parties suffer from THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

You really make no sense. Your argument is irrational with respect to balance for Legendary armor and armory [...] It is just so blatantly obvious that its a simple economic imbalance with a simple solution it seriously boggles my mind that people like you can actually disagree with the fundamental argument and attempt to argue its actually perfectly balanced and fair. You seriously kittening amaze me.

It's just a forum, I post my opinion, I disagree with you guys, and you keep answering like im stupid or something. 

I respect what you say, I can also agree some of your suggestions (wvw and pvp legy skins), try to do the same. 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, The Fear.3865 said:

It's just a forum, I post my opinion, I disagree with you guys, and you keep answering like im stupid or something. 

I respect what you say, I can also agree some of your suggestions (wvw and pvp legy skins), try to do the same. 

That's literally the first thing I wrote in this thread but okay.

See https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/97806-i-feel-screwed-over-by-the-legendary-armory/?do=findComment&comment=1399799

Also Moradorin.6217's suggestion of having Envoy armor skins (after collection unlocked) being able to be unlocked for LI + map currencies but omitting the gift of condensed might/magic does not invalidate anyone who did it the PvE sets first whatsoever. That's the best solution I've seen that does not involve giving PVP/WVW sets a new skin.

That's why when you write this:

Yea well, I chose the hard path, and I dont think it would be fair if that skin would now be given to easy mode.

It makes no sense.

Also "<50% of your time in PVE" is basically meaningless, my guild leader plays every day in PVP + WVW and only raids maybe 4 hours a week tops.

To hit diamond skirmish chest in WVW it's ~11 hours for Mithril and Diamond rank players, ~13 hours for Platinum , ~14hours for Gold, ~16 hours for Silver players.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Thanks 2