Marionette as an example of well balanced content in terms of difficulty

33 minutes ago, Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Then also nerf the rewards from it by x amount of % too

honestly, I'd rather have like half the drops (not that I feel like they're so good anyway, but eh) and a fun time than failure without real reason as seen currently... If I want to make bank, I'll go do the Drizzlewood Meta or Bjora Marches, not the Marionette...

• Like 6

I actually would like a hologram infusion(the one from taimi's game story step) drop chance exclusive for private squad instance to motivate ppl to improve themselves... So it would never become an abandoned content after 2 months... And u know a public free for all marionette instance with nerfed bosses, nerfed mechanics and totally paper warden enemies and champs for ppl who like to take it easy... Now that won't be a bad idea would it?

Yeah, put some really nice exclusive drops in the rewards.

Fix the portal allocation crap. Make sure that it allocates round robin on the platforms. Something like Player 1 entered portal -> send to platform 1, player 2 -> platform 2. If there is a tie then just sort them by player name and send them in order around the platforms rather than check for empty ones. So long as there are at least 5 players then 5 platforms will have at least 1 person.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Raids ended up ignored by most of the game community  because it was way too hard for a majority of players to get 10 competent people together to do them. And you think it will be any different when you'd need 50 players?

Nah, add some really exclusive drops in the rewards (which, by the way, would probably end up with ultra-rare drop chance), and all you will accomplish few months from now is getting the few players still interested in them to complain it's too hard to get a full squad anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Raids ended up ignored by most of the game community  because it was way too hard for a majority of players to get 10 competent people together to do them. And you think it will be any different when you'd need 50 players?

Nah, add some really exclusive drops in the rewards (which, by the way, would probably end up with ultra-rare drop chance), and all you will accomplish few months from now is getting the few players still interested in them to complain it's too hard to get a full squad anymore.

I can't agree with you that raid is an ignored content... Nonononono... It's rewarding only once per week so ppl just complete it the first day of the week and do something else rewarding... And ppl who are interested join training runs and more and more ppl are crafting legy raid armors these days... It's so apparent when you notice ppl in lobbies and in guild chat or map chat, ppl are motivated in a right way to pursue these goals...

And the one thing that I noticed that retains players in a specific content are infusions... Never have I once noticed the lfg to be empty or less than 8 squad lfg entries for auric and chak meta... Chak is somewhat difficult but not too much difficult and yet the content didn't die... And yet you think it's not the case for this marionette event if infusions were introduced? Idk u totally underestimate ppl ... They go crazy over infusions... The only downside I fear is ppl might become toxic and lash out on their fellow squadmates if infusions are involved and someone died in marionette platform.... Hope it doesn't come to that... Since the event can be completed quickly on a well organized group, even if it fails, ppl would not hesitate to try again atleast 3 times to finish it successfully.... 

Why do ppl do anything in an mmo? If not Grind for infusions and rare items?

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

you never had to open the lfg for raids... there are dozens of groups permanently, the raids are absolutely not abandoned

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I can't agree with you that raid is a dead content... Nonononono... It's rewarding only once per week so ppl just complete it the first day of the week and do something else rewarding... And ppl who are interested join training runs and more and more ppl are crafting legy raid armors these days... It's so apparent when you notice ppl in lobbies and in guild chat or map chat, ppl are motivated in a right way to pursue these goals...

And the one thing that I noticed that retains players in a specific content are infusions... Never have I once noticed the lfg to be empty or less than 8 squad lfg entries for auric and chak meta... Chak is somewhat difficult but not too much difficult and yet the content didn't die... And yet you think it's not the case for this marionette event if infusions were introduced? Idk u totally underestimate ppl ... They go crazy over infusions... The only downside I fear is ppl might become toxic and lash out on their fellow squadmates if infusions are involved and someone died in marionette platform.... Hope it doesn't come to that... Since the event can be completed quickly on a well organized group, even if it fails, ppl would not hesitate to try again atleast 3 times to finish it successfully.... 

Why do ppl do anything in an mmo? If not Grind for infusions and rare items?

To have fun just grinding stuff is pointless.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

To have fun just grinding stuff is pointless.

Fun also comes after you received that rare drop that is coveted by most... Don't you agree that's fun? Won't it give you happiness? Or are you a different human being? 😁.

Would you still feel fun after mindlessly pressing dps rotation buttons on stupid monsters or golem? And do that every day without a goal? 

If you have a goal and you can reach it even if you are doing some monotonous chore, you'd get happiness/fun in this context...

Golem dps rotation dps goals if reached, you'd find it fun...

After grinding auric, chak meta if you get the rare drops you'd find it to be fun.

That's why I suggested a common goal that would attract most tyrians and linked it with this new event that might help players improve and get to the next level as well

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Fun also comes after you received that rare drop that is coveted by most... Don't you agree that's fun? Won't it give you happiness? Or are you a different human being? 😁.

Would you still feel fun after mindlessly pressing dps rotation buttons on stupid monsters or golem? And do that every day without a goal? 

If you have a goal and you can reach it even if you are doing some monotonous chore, you'd get happiness/fun in this context...

Golem dps rotation dps goals if reached, you'd find it fun...

After grinding auric, chak meta if you get the rare drops you'd find it to be fun.

That's why I suggested a common goal that would attract most tyrians and linked it with this new event that might help players improve and get to the next level as well

Saddly players would just leave. HOT showed that more than anything.

If the public version was permanent id be okay with how difficult it can be as id have more than a week to try it out, learn it and get good at it. As is, after all the better players get the achievements Marionette will more than likely be abandoned, 50 man casual squads arent going to be able to finish it, at least none of the ones ive been in have been able to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Saddly players would just leave. HOT showed that more than anything.

I think HoT showed you something else than it did with the others 😂.

Even after releasing lws3,lws4, PoF a complete expansion which has more farmable maps and profitable means to spend time on content like palawadan and now icebrood saga with its eternal ice volatile magic trophy farming and drizzlewood material farming, and old trusty silverwaste riba farming, the HoT meta with chance of infusion drops are still crowded and busy most of the times... If you don't believe me, try joining a lfg squad among 10 of those after a minute of meta timing in event timer... And still if HoT shows you something else, then idk it must have preferential treatment with just you alone 🥴

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I think HoT showed you something else than it did with the others 😂.

Even after releasing lws3,lws4, PoF a complete expansion which has more farmable maps and profitable means to spend time on content like palawadan and now icebrood saga with its eternal ice volatile magic trophy farming and drizzlewood material farming, and old trusty silverwaste riba farming, the HoT meta with chance of infusion drops are still crowded and busy most of the times... If you don't believe me, try joining a lfg squad among 10 of those after a minute of meta timing in event timer... And still if HoT shows you something else, then idk it must have preferential treatment with just you alone 🥴

Outside of meta events ive spent up to two hours trying to get players for an event out in the HOT areas. Its far easier to get players in POF. Guildmates in any of my five guilds are also way more willing to help out in POF over HOT events.

Yes, the metas are populated, but outside of that no, no they arent at least from what ive seen in the last few works working on HOPE.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dante.1763 said:

Outside of meta events ive spent up to two hours trying to get players for an event out in the HOT areas. Its far easier to get players in POF. Guildmates in any of my five guilds are also way more willing to help out in POF over HOT events.

Yes, the metas are populated, but outside of that no, no they arent at least from what ive seen in the last few works working on HOPE.

You totally missed the point buddy... Infusion as motivation for involving player participation is the discussion... I was suggesting to include a chance for infusion drop for marionette to retain players like the auric and chak meta did for the HoT... And auric and chak are doing well so far... And it's only natural it happens for marionette.... Where did you lose track of the thread?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

You totally missed the point buddy... Infusion as motivation for involving player participation is the discussion... I was suggesting to include a chance for infusion drop for marionette to retain players like the auric and chak meta did for the HoT... And auric and chak are doing well so far... And it's only natural it happens for marionette.... Where did you lose track of the thread?

Im talking about the last line in your original post about making players get better in my original response.

Sure adding an infusion may work....if they keep the public version permanent, but im not sure it would keep the squad version popular. The Meta events out in HOT are more rewarding than Marionette is, especially once the bonus events go away.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Im talking about the last line in your original post about making players get better in my original response.

dont you think ppl would improve once they get motivated to do a lil bit challenging content? I for one was a pew pewer in open world before i learned about the raid legendary armor and its cool animations and I improved myself by joining raid training squads and geared myself properly and crafted 2 complete legendary armor sets...  Before I try to understand others, I analyze myself and I believe a cool motivation for a content would definitely get ppl interested in the content and they improve themself and try the next level and try to enjoy all of anet has to offer their players in guild wars 2 and not just bound by the monotonous "jump all in stack together press1 until it dies"...  didn't my comment align coherently with what I'm talking about?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

dont you think ppl would improve once they get motivated to do a lil bit challenging content? I for one was a pew pewer in open world before i learned about the raid legendary armor and its cool animations and I improved myself by joining raid training squads and geared myself properly and crafted 2 complete legendary armor sets...  Before I try to understand others, I analyze myself and I believe a cool motivation for a content would definitely get ppl interested in the content and they improve themself  didn't my comment align coherently with what I'm talking about?

The point you're missing is that the people that were willing to improve themselves already did that long ago. Most people don't do that - they just stop playing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

What about "ignored by the most of the communty" you didn't get?

this is wrong, more and more people have legendary armor and raid titles. The waiting area of the raid is full of people. So maybe that only 10/15% of the players base  but it is players deeply invested in the game and often profitable for  arena. So we shouldn't let them down.

i still hope to see an urgoz and the deep ( gw1 elite mission) raid in cantha.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The point you're missing is that the people that were willing to improve themselves already did that long ago. Most people don't do that - they just stop playing.

Thank you, that is what i was getting at.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

are u sure? by the influx of new ppl into the game, I would doubt your argument.... My guild filled up to the brim from 120 members to 491 members in the past 2 months give or take... and the new players are interested to do fractals everyday pinging in guild chat to join them in doing fractals and all they talk about is how to close gap with the rest of us and how long will it take to complete stories and how long will it take to full gear ascended and when to sstart legy armor, weapons... and stuff... if those new players are motivated to get right gear and enjoy all form of content in guild wars2 why not the returning players who already own most gear and stuff.. and existing pvprs who grind teq, TT and occasionally do fractals and wouldve geared some characters already?

or Am i overly optimistic? and ure overly pessimistic?

what will happen if we keep on asking anet to give baby bottles ? would the future gw2 players all would get a fixed mindset that anything thats more than skill#1  shd be deemed unworthy?

I believe its a right time anet try to introduce ppl to new and lil bit of hard content to get them ready for indulging in all kind of content gw2 has in store for them

pls dont try to push the future gw2 players and current ones backward and stagnant.. let them take their baby steps and let them one day experience the joy of running a 100m dash by themselves and get the excitement and rush of the moment...

Ive seen hard to play single player games than gw2 and still those games are popular and ppl try to improve themselves rather than outright give up without a fight....

The fair point u can make here is anet shd give us time for the players who need to train for this new next step... ask for extended one month or make the public event permanent.. that's a good and valid suggestion and that is the first step if ppl are willing to improve themselves rather than grind the same old rice flour rather than make a sweet bean bun from it

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

It takes coordination but even a PUG is capable of succeeding. Hopefully it's not going to get nerfed to the ground 🙂

Hope they don't nerf it. Like anything else new, it will take time to learn or re-learn for those of us who did it all those years ago. If they didn't nerf it then, don't see a reason to nerf it now. 

I don't quite understand the achievements though. Are the bonus ones just temporary for the week? I'd maybe like to see those extended since there is a learning curve.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Exactly. And let's be real here, GW2 is a very casual game, making content that is really easy to fail isn't respectful of the time invested for people who don't have much time to keep pounding their head against a wall. I don't want major content drops catered to the 5% that will do it for a little bit to prove they're better than everyone else and move on. With this being instanced content, there's literally no excuse for anet not to have difficulty knobs. They need to stop releasing 1 size fits all PVE when there's such drastic differences in individual player output (most of which is actually a test of the # of buffs you have on you. a power Chrono just autoattacking does 40% of the DPS benchmark on snow crows).

this is wrong, more and more people have legendary armor and raid titles. The waiting area of the raid is full of people. So maybe that only 10/15% of the players base  but it is players deeply invested in the game and often profitable for  arena. So we shouldn't let them down.

i still hope to see an urgoz and the deep ( gw1 elite mission) raid in cantha.

I bet you most of the people who raid stop as soon as they get the flashy thing. I've noticed content producers that have (wireless sushi) and multiple players in game. Really raiding to me, is now just an exercise in vanity for most of the engaged population. Ironically, I see far more PVE legendary armor in Mistlock sanctuary than WvW and PVP armor. It's probably due to the massive time discrepancy between them in terms of earning it. Just raw LIs you can earn one every 1.5 hours or so and break even against either PVP or WvW, I don't remember which I mathed it out against. So if you have some extra cash to pay for carries on the harder parts of the collection, you can actually get it fairly casually compared to the others if you're picky about which encounters you do.

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

idk what went wrong with these ppl... dont u guys find doing triple trouble event a bit different and fun and engaging? and this event is not that much demanding in terms of coordination when compared to triple trouble.... and kills are possible as u are well aware of it.... and it just need 50 ppl .. whereas TT 3 squad tags 150 ppl and more anyone can screwup the total event by either killing the abomination at wrong time and trigger the cobalt gunpowder reset timer at wrong time or.. fillup the 3rd phytotoxin extractor without being in sync with the other squads... and yet.. here we are complaining and trying our best to prevent anet from making some fun content like this and content that might help improve ppl to get ready for next level content in gw2... 

Am I looking at it the wrong perspective or u guys just outright reject it? or am I rejecting it?if i am rejecting something, what is it? 🤔🥴

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2