Corrosive Cloud is too Subtle

3 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

it pulses weakness and poison dude, and if you're ranged its obvious after 1 auto attack there is projectile block

Hey Anet, this guy just saved you a ton of work!

Don't bother making animations for anything. It becomes obvious what you were hit by / what you hit after the fact.

On a serious note, anyone against clear, distinct animations is against skilled gameplay. There is literally no reason CPC shouldn't have a better animation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

It used to be a thick dark green cloud of smoke

The Putrid Cow ammo for the WvW trebs still use the old CPC animation if you wanna know what it looked like. It was changed in that one huge patch they did some years ago where they nerfed lots of visuals on skills and animations in the entire game to try and make the game more watchable as an eSport.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aktium.9506 said:

It used to be a thick dark green cloud of smoke

The Putrid Cow ammo for the WvW trebs still use the old CPC animation if you wanna know what it looked like. It was changed in that one huge patch they did some years ago where they nerfed lots of visuals on skills and animations in the entire game to try and make the game more watchable as an eSport.

It's funny to see them go from "there's so much visual clutter you can't tell what's happening" to "there's barely anything visible so you can't tell what's happening".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Don't bother making animations for anything. It becomes obvious what you were hit by / what you hit after the fact.

On a serious note, anyone against clear, distinct animations is against skilled gameplay. There is literally no reason CPC shouldn't have a better animation.

anyone against critical thinking is against skilled gameplay. if they do end up making CPC have a more obvious animation i don't care, thats fine but i hope they don't stop working on the expac to do so.

2 hours ago, Clownmug.8357 said:

It's funny to see them go from "there's so much visual clutter you can't tell what's happening" to "there's barely anything visible so you can't tell what's happening".

the latter is largely caused by the former, because there are so many visual effects important skills need big visual effects to be able to be seen. kind of a moment 22

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

anyone against critical thinking is against skilled gameplay. if they do end up making CPC have a more obvious animation i don't care, thats fine but i hope they don't stop working on the expac to do so.

Dude, it's not like they have to give it super unique animations and effects, just make the existing one for it more prominent. Nobody is hurt by this change. 

15 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I almost agreed with this but I think the stance is a bit more nuanced than that.

I think that, on a class as susceptible to ranged pressure as necro is (objectively, of course, not considering meta), the subtlety is good in -this particular instance- precisely because it does this:

6 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

This one single time I can agree with Crab Fear.

I never understood why they changed such a strong skill to almost invisible until you wasted some skills into it and realized what's ging on. 

Yes. Sink your rapid fire into it so the necro doesnt have to deal with it right away.  theres a cast animation for the cloud and the hesitancy to check for CPC adds some depth to the MU where otherwise it would just be an on/off "Can I dump my damage now" situation.

I would probably agree with this in another situation, but not particularly this one because of how free Necro tends to be to ranged pressure. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

19 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

This one single time I can agree with Crab Fear.

I never understood why they changed such a strong skill to almost invisible until you wasted some skills into it and realized what's ging on. 

Im questioning when it was changed period???? As long as Ive been playing necro (many many years now) I cant recall it ever being changed at all from a visual perspective. Its mechanical aspects have changed yes but its visual appearance never has or if it did it must have been so far back (beta or first year of release) that anyone who is still actively playing since then should more than well know what it looks like despite its very faint appearance. 

Its honestly still a underutilized skill realistically and it also makes a loud distinct audio cue when projectiles are being snuffed out by it. How much more information do you need to know its there? 

While i wont argue that it could stand to be more visual along with several other things in the game its far from the bigger issues.

I'm still waiting for the day where I can stop worrying about being true shot from stealth by a class and elite that shouldnt have access to stealth before they even consider touching CpC visuals. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

Im questioning when it was changed period???? As long as Ive been playing necro (many many years now) I cant recall it ever being changed at all from a visual perspective. Its mechanical aspects have changed yes but its visual appearance never has or if it did it must have been so far back (beta or first year of release) that anyone who is still actively playing since then should more than well know what it looks like despite its very faint appearance.

Around the same time they changed Auras to become those little eggs around your character that you couldn't really see before they changed them back again. You can probably go back and check some old vids. There were a lot more of the blackish wisps of smoke and there was an actual green cloud instead of just some green wisps. They covered the entire actual AoE circle up to about neck length on a Norn instead of just the middle and up to your feet.