"Return to" rewards demotivating for skin collectors

As you may know you get multiple free black lion weapon skins from doing the "Return to" achievements. I am totally fine with this and that is up to Anet to do so. However, as a frequent collector of Black Lion skins I find it demotivating that if you already own all of the skins in the given set you can only pick 6 mystic coins as the alternative. At the moment mystic coins are valued a little bit over 2 gold and so basically each skin you pick is valued around 12-15 gold. This will possibly or even probably affect me in how many black lion skins I will buy from the TP or try to get from the Black Lion Chests. I will especially avoid buying the expensive ones now from the TP as you might get those for free later anyway and then the alternative is only 6 mystic coins if you already own them.

I would suggest to increase the number of mystic coins available per chest to around 15 or to avoid "flooding" the mystic coin market change it to ~5 Mystic Clovers.

Is there anyone here who shares the same thought with me?

Edited by Konjo.4981
typo

15 Mystic coins is a bit much.
Realistically most players won't have many of the black lion weapon skins unless they bought them outright or open black lion chests ridiculously often.

I don't think this is necessary, it's a gift from Arenanet so to speak and everyone gets accountbound skins. If they were tradeable then it would be a different scenario.

• Like 6

The way I see it, it's a way for Arenanet to manage the inflation of older BLC weapon skins outside of adding them into the BLC rotation and with a smoother drop than the one seen when an older weapon skin set does return to the BLC. And because they're account-bound, the skins do retain some of their value instead of staying in the 15g-25g range for months before they start inching up.

The mystic coins are there so if people don't want the skins or already have them all, they get something of value. If you've unlocked the skin already, that's potentially years you've had the skin and now you're getting mystic coins on top of that.

If you want to hold off on getting any more skins in the future because at some point in the more distant future you may get the chance to get it for free, you do you. But the options in the chest are fine as they are. Especially as that's an additional 6 mystic coins per week for the foreseeable future on top of a full stack of map currency that didn't need to happen.

Or people could get a weapon skin you've enjoyed for years.

They probably should've put in a black lion ticket instead. Mystic coin prices change constantly, but tickets will always give a person access to an item in the front of the store. I don't think that skin collectors could feel wronged by a free new future skin.

• Like 2

I would like mystic clovers as one of the options to choose from the chest as these return to lws encourages legendary armory, and giving out legy amulet and stuff...

and also skin collectors need not feel demotivated since they arent giving out all the skins.. they just give 4 skins out of 14, I guess? and they are only gonna do it for like 2 more sets... anet just planned to sacrifice 4 skins from a total of 4 skin collection sets at maximum 16 skins over a period of what 3 months? and nothing more and most ppl choose coins anyway coz the skins arent that awesome(not saying theyre not cool. I'm grateful for their decision to promote lws and increase player influx) except a few in the pact weapon skins collection set.

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

How many chests/rewards give no such option, only the weapon or recipe or whatever (Order rewards, jungle recipe rewards, etc). The only choice there is to delete what you pick once you've unlocked everything. So I think Anet is being generous in offering MCs right now.

Not that I'd object to more coins or a BL ticket, of course. 😉

I don't care about the skins at all.  Those chests are currently sitting in my bank.  I'll probably use them for the mystic coins since I don't like the skins.  The entire reason for all these "return to" achievements for me is for the legendary amulet and the EoD precursor voucher.  Everything else is a bonus and fluff to me so I appreciate the rewards, especially all the map currency .  But I will say now that I have started working on Aurora it has been fun going back to all these maps that were mostly dead for years. 

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892