Runecrafter vs Silverfed

10 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

They're just convenience items so in that regard, if you plan on min maxing your gold, they both suck.

Silver fed for materials runes for runes and sigils.

But there's tons if threads here and on reddit with the exact math, search a bit.

wait.. would runecrafter salvage matic give out runes and sigils from gears? would it work like black lion salvage kit?

4 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

wait.. would runecrafter salvage matic give out runes and sigils from gears? would it work like black lion salvage kit?

It has a bigger chance (100%) of salvaging the upgrades (not retrieving them) then the Silver-fed (80%). But a 5% lesser chance of getting the rare materials.

• Like 1

Edit: was beaten so changed youtube link to quote 🙂

Just now, pinerider.1950 said:

Mukluk did a video showing what each of these salvage kits does, if a showcase of each would help you make sense out of them more, which I've linked below. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epadskv9_Xg

TLDR:
Copper is best for white and blue.
Rune is best for green.
Silver is best for yellow and orange.

You can use the many mystic forge stones you get to create a Silver equivalent in Mystic Salvage Kit.
Though using those stones for provision tokens is nice too.

Also note, they usually have a better discount than 20%

Edited by Skie.8904

58 minutes ago, Cipisek.2147 said:

I already have Copperfed and can only buy one of these, so which one is better?

Typing "gw2 runecrafter vs silverfed" (so pretty much what you've typed in the title of this thread anyways) in google answers your question already.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

none of the comments mention which salvage kit improves chances of symbols and charms...

will silver fed improve chances at symbols and charms since the description mentions "25% chance of rarer materials"?

or

will runecrafter improve symbols, charms drop rate while salvaging coz of the description "100% chance of salvaging upgrades"?

are symbols and charms are referred and included in the description "rarer materials"?

or theyre just part of drop from a loot table while salvaging runes, sigils independen of the % chance of rarer mats mentioned in description?

will opting for runecrafter ie sure way 100% salvaging upgrades best to take advantage of the 20% of rarer mats from salvaging them?

or... risk not salvaging upgrades by silverfed's 80% and rely on the 25% rarer drop when it does salvage upgrades with its 80% ?

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

See it in this way, you always get the crafting materials from salvaging an item with the runecrafter. 100% chance.

But the silverfed only have 80% to yield them.

Neither of them improves the quality of the charms/dusts

Edited by LucianDK.8615

Long ago I bought the runecrafter one on sale thinking well this is the best, its replacing my silverfed one! But the wording fools you, it just shift some percentages around without being any better. I have both on my shared slots and use rune for green/blue and silver for yellow/exotic. I could have just stuck with silver though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

There's a higher chance to get runes with it i think, but idk the exactly math.

Or maybe it's has a higher chance to give you charms which rune crafting used, o idea... 

The problem with the rune crafter one is that it has a lower percentage than the silver fed to get rarer materials. If that had been higher then I would've gotten it.

The rune crafter one has 100% on extraction but it only has 20% chance of getting rare materials vs 25% on the silver fed vs 50% on the black lion salvage kit.

34 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

The problem with the rune crafter one is that it has a lower percentage than the silver fed to get rarer materials. If that had been higher then I would've gotten it.

The rune crafter one has 100% on extraction but it only has 20% chance of getting rare materials vs 25% on the silver fed vs 50% on the black lion salvage kit.

But the Runecrafter cost 30 copper per use and the Silver Fed cost 60 copper per use.  So if you open a stack of green unidentified gear and salvage it using the Silver Fed the cost is double compared to the Rune Crafter.  That adds up fast when you are salvaging hundreds of green items.  In my opinion it is best to only use Silver Fed on rares.

Here is some data from Fast Farming community on what salvage tool to use with what gear and profit.  I'm not sure where they get the data so take it at face value.   But I have seen that website referenced by other player many times so it seems to be credible.

https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/unid-gear

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

There's a higher chance to get runes with it i think, but idk the exactly math.

Or maybe it's has a higher chance to give you charms which rune crafting used, o idea... 

Imo rune is a waste of time..  That 20% will only get you several additional mote.  The euqation is like this

Chance extracting X chance getting upgrade

So 

Silver 0.8x0.25= 0.2=20%

Rune 1.0x0.2=0.2=20%

Basically you have same chance of getting upgrade from rune and sigil.  But silver grant additional 5% getting upgrade from base item and cost 30 copper more per use

Rune us cheaper.  But only real benefit is a few mote that worth several copper.  While silver will have 20% more chance of getting upgrade when comparing to runefed

P.s. if you can ger all three. Good for you. If you have to choose. I would choose silver over rune

I prefer to use Copper on Greens and lower and Rune on rare/exo. Never had any issues and costs me less. I'm not a min/maxer when it comes to items, so it doesn't bother me. Plus I save 30 copper per salvage and that is quite a bit of change when you grind a lot of unid gear. Silver is currently sitting on an alt, collecting dust.

2 hours ago, Kanok.3027 said:

I prefer to use Copper on Greens and lower and Rune on rare/exo. Never had any issues and costs me less. I'm not a min/maxer when it comes to items, so it doesn't bother me. Plus I save 30 copper per salvage and that is quite a bit of change when you grind a lot of unid gear. Silver is currently sitting on an alt, collecting dust.

it does save you 30 copper per use..  but you also lose 5% chance of getting upgrade.

lets use Glob of Ectoplasm as an example. theoretically if you will only ever get one Glob of Ectoplasm each time, you will get...

Rune- cost 30 copper x 100 use = 3000 copper = 30 silver   20% upgrade meaning 20 Glob of Ectoplasm

Silver- cost 60 copper x 100 use = 6000 copper = 60 silver   25% upgrade meaning 25 Glob of Ectoplasm

Glob of Ectoplasm atm worth about 21 silver each, Five extra Glob of Ectoplasm will earn you 21x5=105 silver.  menus the cost different  105-(60-30)=105-30=75 silver

75 silver= 7500 copper 

7500 copper / 100 use = 75 copper

If you use Rune on rare,exotic you will lose 75 copper on each break down.

p.s. if you don't care about the upgrade, you could always sale them for more gold... just saying.. or you can sale the equip directly......

If you ask me, neither.

Mystic kits are the same as Silver-fed, unless you have no mystic stones. In my case, I have tons of useless stones now because I have the silver-fed. It means I don't have to go through the hassle of making or storing mystic kits but those things are 250 charges so the QoL is very marginal.

Runecrafter is better for greens, but the point of these items is convenience; not to make gold. Spending 450 gems upfront to that and also slow yourself down because you have to differentiate between blue and green salvaging does not make any sense to me.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Spending 450 gems upfront to that and also slow yourself down because you have to differentiate between blue and green salvaging does not make any sense to me.

I don't find that an issue myself.  Click my copper fed, then salvage all fine and lower.  Then click runecrafter and salvage all masterwork and lower.  It takes just a few seconds to go trough an entire inventory of blues and greens.

Edit for clarity:  You right click on your salvage tools for the "salvage all" options.

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892

25 minutes ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

I don't find that an issue myself.  Click my copper fed, then salvage all fine and lower.  Then click runcrafter and salvage all masterwork and lower.  It takes just a few seconds.

Yea, but the point of these things is QoL, and that's still less of it by doing that and an upfront cost making the monetary gain somewhat dubious.

Plus those seconds add up when you salvage hundreds or thousands of items that pile up pretty fast.

I tend to salvage things on the move, and I could be missing a few tags in those seconds and that could easily net me another item anyways.

A good example in the fast-farming link posted above. It says to sell or TP greens if no runecrafter, but either method is so insanely tedious that I don't consider it viable unless I'm already done and ready to log off.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

2 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yea, but the point of these things is QoL, and that's still less of it by doing that and an upfront cost making the monetary gain somewhat dubious.

Plus those seconds add up when you salvage hundreds or thousands of items that pile up pretty fast.

I tend to salvage things on the move, and I could be missing a few tags in those seconds and that could easily net me another item anyways.

I was responding to your comment that you have to differentiate between blues and greens and that slows things down.  It really doesn't.   Right click salvage fine, then right click salvage masterwork depending on the tool you are using and takes about 3 seconds.  I can go trough a stack of unidentified quickly with the only thing slowing me down being my inventory space and how many I can open at one time.  So for me and not having to worry about if I have enough salvage kits in my inventory and being able to salvage everything in my inventory in seconds is convince.    I usually only salvage during a pause in action as I don't see a point doing it when I'm in the middle of something.   But that's just me.  Some people find value in such tools and obviously some don't depending on how they play.  To each their own I guess.  I'm not trying to sell those tools to anyone.  Anet won't give me any gems for my support of them so I couldn't care less if people don't buy them.   😄

6 minutes ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

I was responding to your comment that you have to differentiate between blues and greens and that slows things down.  It really doesn't.   Right click salvage fine, then right click salvage masterwork depending on the tool you are using and takes about 3 seconds.  I can go trough a stack of unidentified quickly with the only thing slowing me down being my inventory space and how many I can open at one time.  So for me and not having to worry about if I have enough salvage kits in my inventory and being able to salvage everything in my inventory in seconds is convince.    I usually only salvage during a pause in action as I don't see a point doing it when I'm in the middle of something.   But that's just me.  Some people find value in such tools and obviously some don't depending on how they play.  To each their own I guess.  I'm not trying to sell those tools to anyone.  Anet won't give me any gems for my support of them so I couldn't care less if people don't buy them.   😄

I'm more trying to set expectations for people, because if they just want to make gold, there are much more easier ways to do it. Like you need 5 million salvages to break even on the copper kit so that's not really the point of it. Runecrafter is definitely a more complex case because it does perform a unique function.

Obviously everyone values their time differently, but they need to know what the benefits of said item actually are.

10 hours ago, Cipisek.2147 said:

I already have Copperfed and can only buy one of these, so which one is better?

I wouldn't get either of them to be honest ... it's very little use and a small increase in value. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1