EoD is a $30 Patch.....

13 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

They'd have to rebuild the whole decoration system, since decorations currently don't exist as objects. Instead they go directly into the guild stash, and I don't think we want guild members fighting over who is allowed to take the potted plant out of the guild stash and put it into their home instance 😉.

Personally I don't care for housing. If I want to be creative, then I'll go play minecraft, especially since that one doesn't put me into a personal instance but rather lets me shape the full world and cooperate with the rest of our (private) server to really build our own space. Visiting other people's houses in MMOs doesn't really captivate me either. I used to be a big Sims fan, but not even ESO has enticed me into doing more with housing than using it as an extra storage area.

I'm not big on fishing either, although the sticker book approach most games have to it (as in: achievements to "catch them all") does motivate me to spend some time on it occasionally 😉 . Same could be said for mounts before PoF though, so I'll keep my verdict until EoD is out and I get a first-hand view of what they've made of it.

Not all do. There are numerous tokens that sit in your inventory like the world boss drops. You have to select a guild, click them, then they go into the guild hall stash.

So the bigger challenge would be creating an option during that process that allows you to deposit them to your house instead of the guild hall. They technically already have the tokens though and could just use that system. 

• Like 1

I guess as a new player I see EOD as a great deal. $30 will only get you two months of WOW. ESO has $40 yearly expansions and charges even more for other zones and dungeons. And don't get me started on the deceptive practices of SWTOR and LOTRO that nickel and dime you for everything. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Dallan.6247 said:

I guess as a new player I see EOD as a great deal. $30 will only get you...

To be fair for new players it would be more like $50, I'd say - the Collectors' Edition Standard with HoT + PoF bundled in. I wonder how Anet will deal with players that don't have mounts, no gliding, no bouncing mushroom mastery from previous expansions when it comes to Echovald Forest or any other map with a lot of verticality.

32 minutes ago, yoguil.7320 said:

To be fair for new players it would be more like $50, I'd say - the Collectors' Edition Standard with HoT + PoF bundled in. I wonder how Anet will deal with players that don't have mounts, no gliding, no bouncing mushroom mastery from previous expansions when it comes to Echovald Forest or any other map with a lot of verticality.

New masteries ofcourse you dont need hot masteries in pof and dont need pof in hot.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, yoguil.7320 said:

To be fair a new player is getting at that point 16 per expansion.  That's cheap for what's on offer.  You're saying $50 for 3 expansions is a lot of money? I don't get it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

New masteries ofcourse you dont need hot masteries in pof and dont need pof in hot.

So your money is on climbing for one of the two yet unknown masteries? Hmm, climbing as a new mastery might be a bit underwhelming for veterans who already have mounts. Much like HoT mushrooms feel outdated since we got springers and skyscales in PoF.

18 minutes ago, yoguil.7320 said:

So your money is on climbing for one of the two yet unknown masteries? Hmm, climbing as a new mastery might be a bit underwhelming for veterans who already have mounts. Much like HoT mushrooms feel outdated since we got springers and skyscales in PoF.

Dont have to be climbing mastery at all I mean we already got the parachute thing in drizzlewood it could be reused with jade thingamabobs in the air all over cantha.

Then all they have to do is path bettwen the obstacles on what ever layer they decide to have the things players are aiming for.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, yoguil.7320 said:

Where did I say it's a lot of money?

My apologies if I interpreted it wrong.  I thought that was your implication. It seemed to me that the game's price is the game's price. You're not paying $20 more for this expansion but two other expansions. My point was is that it's still very cheap for what you're getting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yoguil.7320 said:

In the case of ESO, the $40 is just the expansion price. If you don't have the base game, then you have to pay $80 for a version of the expansion that includes base game and former expansions (minus map and dungeon dlcs that easily cost way more to unlock than GW2 living world episodes), in which case GW2 is cheaper by an even larger margin.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

My apologies if I interpreted it wrong.  I thought that was your implication. It seemed to me that the game's price is the game's price. You're not paying $20 more for this expansion but two other expansions. My point was is that it's still very cheap for what you're getting.

No harm done. I agree, compared to other mmo's GW2 is good value for money especially since it's "pay once play forever". I still wouldn't avertise the $30 price tag to completely new players, though, at least not until we know how the new content feels for players without the masteries from previous expansions.

5 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

In the case of ESO, the $40 is just the expansion price. If you don't have the base game, then you have to pay $80 for a version of the expansion that includes base game and former expansions (minus map and dungeon dlcs that easily cost way more to unlock than GW2 living world episodes), in which case GW2 is cheaper by an even larger margin.

With FF14 if you're a new player it's $40 for Endwalker plus $20 for the base game to get access to everything. Plus of course monthly subscription. I'm living in a country where 50 or 60 bucks are considered not that much money and I would perhaps be inclined to spend that to take a look at story sequels beyond free trial content (you know, the famed "it get's better"...). I don't like paying rents, though, so monthly subscription is the deal-breaker for me, especially since the account upgrade is a one-way road with no option to keep the free trial stuff when you unsubscribe.

On 7/27/2021 at 7:40 PM, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Their big features are a mount.....you know....something we've had multiple times in a patch already......

A skiff....something that already exists as mount...this isn't a new feature.

And, Fishing.....something that is literally a patch....about as big and feature heavy as our sitting in chairs patch.

The only thing that seems new is specializations....so we have a one feature expansion with the rest being patch content.

People leaving WoW in mass and multiple new MMO's coming out, GW2 needed to deliver a reason to come to our game...instead they told everyone to steer clear because they charge expansion prices for patch content.

What were they thinking?

Also, it's true, there could be tons more they are holding back on....but if this is the case then they need a new Marketing Director. Whoever did the PoF reveal needs to be brought back. Otherwise, there just isn't enough content here to warrant a full expansion and the price that comes with.

I dunno about you but you seem to have forgotten literally everything else, you know, new maps, storylines, living world... etc etc. 

Or did HoT only bring Gliders and elite specializations ?

And is PoF only Mounts and new elite specializations ?

• Like 3

I purchased the xpac Day 1 regardless of me being disappointed of what was shown during the live stream.

So far the big ticket items are Skiffs/Fishing and Siege Turtle... I guess all the troll pages saying it would be water themed were not to far off.

I got to thinking about Skiffs and what it means outside of the box. This new feature is fashioning out of thin air where ever you want (in water) a boat that your friends can interact with. So with that in mind it wouldn't be to far fetched if in the future that we would have the ability to build temporary structures any place in the world. This idea makes me excited. I dream of one day to craft open field walls in WvW.  

On 7/27/2021 at 1:40 PM, Luclinraider.2317 said:

People leaving WoW in mass and multiple new MMO's coming out, GW2 needed to deliver a reason to come to our game...instead they told everyone to steer clear because they charge expansion prices for patch content.

What were they thinking?

Also, it's true, there could be tons more they are holding back on....but if this is the case then they need a new Marketing Director. 

For me, if they dont have a mega pvp and balancing overhaul, im not touching the game again. Im on my last leg with this game.

On 7/27/2021 at 12:42 PM, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Its an expansion, what are you thinking?

Well clearly the same thing as most jaded vet's at this point. "This is it?" the reveal should've been something WAY more interesting and instead we get some lukewarm  boat/fishing stuff. (NOTHING better be locked behind those masteries, as I have no interest in doing them.) And a mount which is at this point just a patch content addition to the game. (Roller beetle and skyscale both came out in patches of their own.)

We've only seen the messmer spec, which wont inspire me to make one. So holding out on buying until I see rev/war/ranger because looking at the necromancer its gonna be a hard pass for me.

Honestly? This expansion kinda just made me wana play less and I say that as someone who started in cantha. WHO LOVES CANTHA. And wanted cantha at launch, what I saw in the trailer.... looks like final fantasy not cantha.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

a mount which is at this point just a patch content addition to the game. (Roller beetle and skyscale both came out in patches of their own.)

ANet announces living world with expansion-like features. Players: not enough features, give us an expansion.

ANet announces expansion. Players: this isn't an expansion, we got these features in living world patches

🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I will love the mindset of " I really hate this game i play all the time so i will yell its sucks and will die over and over!" or " I'm bored look at me look at me i hate what you like look at me!" also what listed just a peak at what's coming there also a new map with new story and an guild hall that is just gorgeous. What comes down to if you don't like don't buy it no one is making you its your choice.

Edited by kamakiri sensei.1058
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kamakiri sensei.1058 said:

I will love the mindset of " I really hate this game i play all the time so i will yell its sucks and will die over and over!" or " I'm bored look at me look at me i hate what you like look at me!" also what listed just a peak at what's coming there also a new map with new story and an guild hall that is just gorgeous. What comes down to if you don't like don't buy it no one is making you its your choice.

Folks can still vent their opinion on things. If they dont think its worth it, why shouldnt they let anet know? If they are disappointed in whats offered, why shouldnt they let anet know?

Unless they have big major features coming for the expansion that they havent announced, im going to be disappointed. It just wont compare to older expansions feature wise in my opinion, if what they showed is all they have.

12 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Folks can still vent their opinion on things. If they dont think its worth it, why shouldnt they let anet know? If they are disappointed in whats offered, why shouldnt they let anet know?

Unless they have big major features coming for the expansion that they havent announced, im going to be disappointed. It just wont compare to older expansions feature wise in my opinion, if what they showed is all they have.

It's a first peak my friend there not going to give everything away at the start . Also big features like a new huge map with new story in an area we been wanting for years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kamakiri sensei.1058 said:

It's a first peak my friend there not going to give everything away at the start . Also big features like a new huge map with new story in an area we been wanting for years.

Well we get story and huge maps with living world so that cant be the expansion sellers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I suspect the new maps will look a lot better in-person than in the teaser video, for the simple reason that the teasers tend to be made with maxed-out bloom and other graphical shinies but most of the game honestly looks better with more balanced settings that let the actual colors and textures stand out a bit more.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well we get story and huge maps with living world so that cant be the expansion sellers.

Yes and no the living world maps are fair size. but like with path of fire it End of dragons go be a large set of maps. again all very well made from what we seen in the first look and trailer video's. Also what you want from the expansion its easy to say you're not happy with it but its hard to come up with something that is realistic for them to do.  again we only know a few small things there giving us as we get closer to release more stuff may come. Constructive criticism vs complaining.

4 hours ago, kamakiri sensei.1058 said:

If they had more major stuff to show off, they shouldnt have started selling it.

Also, i hate cantha, hated in GW1 too. Loved the Jade Sea, but everything else was awful. Now, i already bought it. Its gonna look alot different in GW2s engine, and with mounts/gliding it will be alot easier and better to get around. But if this all they have on offer in the expansion, and no major, new feature i wont be pre ordering the next expansion unless it has -way- more on offer. As is, my hype/excitement as at negative levels, and its going to take some major unvealing to fix that.

3 minutes ago, kamakiri sensei.1058 said:

Yes and no the living world maps are fair size. but like with path of fire it End of dragons go be a large set of maps. again all very well made from what we seen in the first look and trailer video's. Also what you want from the expansion its easy to say you're not happy with it but its hard to come up with something that is realistic for them to do.  again we only know a few small things there giving us as we get closer to release more stuff may come. Constructive criticism vs complaining.

LWS maps are often the size of expansions or more, IBS had 1 fewer map than LWS 3 and 4 but the maps are decently sized for all of them. LWS2 had the fewest maps at 2.

LWS3 had 5, LWS4 had 5, and IBS had 3.

We are getting as far as we know 4 maps. I will say they dont show all of Cantha on that map of theirs at the same time we know that the rising of Orr flooded various parts of Elona, and Kryta, and the Battle Isles are also gone, so parts of Cantha could now be sunk below the water and what they showed is all thats left.

Very little of what players have requested is impossible for anet to do. Time and resource consuming? Yes. Impossible? no.

The most important thing: I hope im wrong. I hope anet has more stuff they havent shown, im still extremely disappointed in what theyve shown to date.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

If they had more major stuff to show off, they shouldnt have started selling it.

Also, i hate cantha, hated in GW1 too. Loved the Jade Sea, but everything else was awful. Now, i already bought it. Its gonna look alot different in GW2s engine, and with mounts/gliding it will be alot easier and better to get around. But if this all they have on offer in the expansion, and no major, new feature i wont be pre ordering the next expansion unless it has -way- more on offer. As is, my hype/excitement as at negative levels, and its going to take some major unvealing to fix that.

LWS maps are often the size of expansions or more, IBS had 1 fewer map than LWS 3 and 4 but the maps are decently sized for all of them. LWS2 had the fewest maps at 2.

LWS3 had 5, LWS4 had 5, and IBS had 3.

We are getting as far as we know 4 maps. I will say they dont show all of Cantha on that map of theirs at the same time we know that the rising of Orr flooded various parts of Elona, and Kryta, and the Battle Isles are also gone, so parts of Cantha could now be sunk below the water and what they showed is all thats left.

Very little of what players have requested is impossible for anet to do. Time and resource consuming? Yes. Impossible? no.

The most important thing: I hope im wrong. I hope anet has more stuff they havent shown, im still extremely disappointed in what theyve shown to date.

So you dont like it and you are extemely disappointed with what was shown, yet still preordered the expansion in the first few days.

What are Anet supposed to do with that information?

player say they dont like it + have negative hype but still give us money.

Thats not how you should act if you are what you say in my oppinion because all they have to do is shrug their shoulders and carry on.