If you don't like how EoD is now, wait for release and then for sale

There are many posts complaining about EoD. Being hyped makes no sense, but being this negative makes no sense either. It might be bad, it might be good. There's only one way to find out: Wait for its full release. It's few months away anyways. I agree that pricing isn't really good, but that's how pre-orders and first time releases are usually priced. Wait for a few months or a year, it will surely go on sale and buy it when it does. Complaining just wastes your time and nerve, it's not worth it. If the EoD sucks, just don't buy it and play another game. That's what I'm going to do if that's how it turns out. It's not like GW2 is the only game in existence.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

The point of criticism is to improve the game, especially in this relatively early stage. Whether positive or negative inputs, The devs at least will know what the audience like and dislike, thus maybe make changes as necessary. What's what these previews are for. Otherwise, they wouldn't bother with the tease and just release the game when the date comes.  Community input is not a waste of time/nerve.

With your philosophy of "don't like it? get another game", are we supposed to bounce from games to games until we reach the perfect game

This  apathetic thinking of  "let's shut up and receive whatever given to us. We don't have to right to have input.  We shouldn't give any input. If we don't like,  walk away, but remember we should not have any opinion whatever soever".  

Is that a right attitude  to help improve a product?

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

The point of criticism is to improve the game, especially in this relatively early stage. Whether positive or negative inputs, The devs at least will know what the audience like and dislike, thus maybe make changes as necessary. What's what these previews are for. Otherwise, they wouldn't bother with the tease and just release the game when the date comes.  Community input is not a waste of time/nerve.

With your philosophy of "don't like it? get another game", are we supposed to bounce from games to games until we reach the perfect game

This  apathetic thinking of  "let's shut up and receive whatever given to us. We don't have to right to have input.  We shouldn't give any input. If we don't like,  walk away, but remember we should not have any opinion whatever soever".  

They don't really listen to community feedback, if they did, they would've taken care of pvp bot problem long time ago (check how many people complain in pvp subforum about it). They'll keep adding things they like and removing things they dislike, and ignoring things they don't care about at all. They only listen if there's a big group of players or some famous streamer with big group of players rallied behind talking about something. Yes, bouncing between games is exactly how you should play games. Playing one game all the time will burn you out anyways. Remember that Arenanet is a company and is owned by NCsoft which is also a company. They do things for profit. Unless there's big chunk of players that want something implemented signing a petition or something led by Arenanet partner, they won't care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

The problem with your response is that the OP didn't say shut up. He only pointed out that being overly negative isn't healthy. It is possible to provide feedback without the drama. The OP suggested alternatives to the emotional investment in a single game that some people wind themselves up into. Reduce stress by toning down the drama and live healthier!

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not 100% sure yet, i like to supported Guild wars 2 but anet did soo many disappointing things. like Buld templates/equipment templates being character bound. maybe i will waited for discount instead of pre order

Edited by Saniyah.1984
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's one thing to offer criticism, it's another to just blatantly spew misinformation and stupid narratives like OmG gAmE dYiNg. Most, if not all, of the stuff posted on this forum and reddit are literally just cries of misinformation and false narratives because people want something that they didn't get. 

• Like 3

Criticism is all good and valid, until they critique in question starts to question MMO having traits that are actually associated with MMOs for a reason. Until said critique starts to sprout things that make you question why they aren't playing a single player game like Skyrim or Legend of Zelda.

People should also pay attention to stuff they're watching and listening to, and stop putting words in the devs' mouths.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

How can you "not like how EoD is now" when it has not been released and we've seen only the peak of it.

You can dislike it based on what they have shown, for example if you don't care about fishing or dislike characters they plan to stick with you in EoD storyline. For example I like fishing idea but dislike story characters because I already know how they behaved in past storylines which made me mute dialogues and ignore unskippable cutscenes as they annoyed me, but I don't go around raging about it because even if I did they won't listen. Just look at how things turned out compared to what players were asking for. They only listen to influential players with large following backing them up, that's the reality, so it's better spend time doing something else that won't grind my nerves. It's not that hard to do. Not being fully released is exactly why you shouldn't pre-order it either. Wait and see how it turns out. 

Arenanet is profit-oriented ccompany owned by larger profit-oriented company. They will only do whatever gets them more new players or media attention to sell their game better. 

Well $30 is cheap for an expansion these days. In fact in these games these days a couple shiny skins would be worth more than that now somehow. Complaining and criticism is not a waste of time, but complaining in a full blown unorganized rant is definitely a waste of time.

Players should voice their displeasure or love with anything about a game, this is how games are made better, if the developers bother to listen. If someone is coming to the forums to say something it means they're invested and maybe even love the game and wouldn't want to leave it for alternatives, but there's something bothering them about it.

I'd say something like for example the virtuoso reveal was pretty mixed, they should take that as a sign that maybe something is off and maybe look for feedback on what's wrong and try to adjust? Although the beta test weekends(if they have it this time) for it will reveal more.

To be honest I didn't really see much for me to get excited about, I mostly wanted to see the elite specs coming, so I can get an idea on how they will affect class balance and wvw, maybe even hint at the future of combat, which I don't really expect to change anyways /sadface. The Virtuoso, wasn't all that impressive for my main class, pistol for my other main class, so both classes will have to deal with projectile hate in wvw? hehe I dunno, not looking good.

So obviously not going to preorder (preordered avengers and outriders and well /gag). The rest of the specs, more in depth look at pve content like new map metas maybe? Don't care about fishing, been done to death in other games, didn't look special at all. Don't care about two player mount which I'm sure will have a bunch of mini games attached to keep it relevant, otherwise why do I care to be on someone elses mount? Don't care to redo a guild hall for a dead guild. But will wait on more information to come out rather than complain about everything 7 months to release.

So yeah it's a wait and see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

It's one thing to offer criticism, it's another to just blatantly spew misinformation and stupid narratives like OmG gAmE dYiNg. Most, if not all, of the stuff posted on this forum and reddit are literally just cries of misinformation and false narratives because people want something that they didn't get

I wouldn't call those are false narrative or misinformation.  Those are opinions that you may or may not disagree with and you are free to offer rebuttals with factual data.  If you peel off the negativity off those comments, it still is helpful in revealing things that the game does not or lack in offering. Regardless,  that does not change the fact that we have to offer criticism, especially to stubborn people like Anet. Pressing criticism will keep them on their toes at the very least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

The problem with your response is that the OP didn't say shut up. He only pointed out that being overly negative isn't healthy. It is possible to provide feedback without the drama

OPP practically said don't buy it and play something else if we don't like it. That's basically shut up on the offering criticism part. He didn't say anything about "offering response but don't do  "overly negative" response" He told us to go else where if we don't like all together. That's the problem with your interpretation of my response. 

2 minutes ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

I wouldn't call those are false narrative or misinformation.  Those are opinions that you may or may not disagree with and you are free to offer rebuttals with factual data.  If you peel off the negativity off those comments, it still is helpful in revealing things that the game does not or lack in offering. Regardless,  that does not change the fact that we have to offer criticism, especially to stubborn people like Anet. Pressing criticism will keep them on their toes at the very least. 

Opinions being shoved as facts as if the devs did or said them is literally misinformation and false narrative. I can understand criticism, some are genuinely good when raised. Hardly anything being stated in this forum by the vocal minority are criticism. Shaving off the negativity doesn't make it any less misinformation or false narrative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Opinions being shoved as facts as if the devs did or said them is literally misinformation and false narrative. I can understand criticism, some are genuinely good when raised. Hardly anything being stated in this forum by the vocal minority are criticism. Shaving off the negativity doesn't make it any less misinformation or false narrative.

I disagree with that generalization of this forum.  Especially the feedbacks for the first tease are mostly constructive and people put alot of effort in it.  Quite few of "this game is dead" kinda response, but i don't quite get the dark picture that you painted. "Shaving off the negativity doesn't make it any less misinformation or false narrative"  I don't know how you get that conclusion. But sure, you do you. 

22 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Well $30 is cheap for an expansion these days. In fact in these games these days a couple shiny skins would be worth more than that now somehow.

Get the identical rifle as you are already using ingame, only now it's green! $15 please. 

Lol I happily pay preorder price for  EoD because over the past 9 years, GW2 made my other games spending drop significantly. Instead of $60+ release titles every 2-3 months that I used to buy it's been a few games on Steam summer or winter sale for maybe $20 total and that together with GW2 has lasted me until next year. This year I literally havent bought a game until... well, EoD. I thought about a few Steam summer sale games but then went naaaaaah... maybe for winter.

12 minutes ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

OPP practically said don't buy it and play something else if we don't like it. That's basically shut up on the offering criticism part. He didn't say anything about "offering response but don't do  "overly negative" response" He told us to go else where if we don't like all together. That's the problem with your interpretation of my response. 

I'll stop playing the game and play something else myself if I don't like expansion, and I didn't like almost anything from what they revealed so I will probably don't even buy it unless there's an interesting elite specialization that gets revealed later, and only buy it when it goes on sale months after release. If expansion turns out bad, the best form of criticism would be not buying it at all and playing other game which will directly hurt Arenanet's revenue, instead of sticking with the game, buying expansion you hate but yelling at them on forums. As long as they get your money they don't care if you have fun or not. That's the reality. 

What I said is, it's all pointless. I made a few suggestions relatively recently but I'm sure now they won't even bother to look at them. If you want to make suggestions you're free to do so but it's pointless to get emotional over a game. Make cold judgements and drop cold suggestions without raging if that's what you want to do, but check other player suggestions made years ago, and requests to fix parts of game that are bugged, like being actually able to quit living world episode without restarting it each time you change map instance. They didn't fix it. There are many things that are neglected because they don't generate profit. That's how this company operates. Unfortunate but reality is reality.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

I disagree with that generalization of this forum.  Especially the feedbacks for the first tease are mostly constructive and people put alot of effort in it.

There's about 5 or more active threads alone, all the exact same tone: "Where content, not enough content, no Tengu Race, Game Dead, Legendary sucks, no content expansion". That ain't constructive.

13 minutes ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

"Shaving off the negativity doesn't make it any less misinformation or false narrative"  I don't know how you get that conclusion. But sure, you do you. 

21 minutes ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

If you peel off the negativity off those comments, it still is helpful in revealing things that the game does not or lack in offering.

There's literally nothing helpful in regards to actual criticism in this forum. All I've seen people do is demand things from ANet repeatedly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Get the identical rifle as you are already using ingame, only now it's green! $15 please. 

Lol I happily pay preorder price for  EoD because over the past 9 years, GW2 made my other games spending drop significantly. Instead of $60+ release titles every 2-3 months that I used to buy it's been a few games on Steam summer or winter sale for maybe $20 total and that together with GW2 has lasted me until next year. This year I literally havent bought a game until... well, EoD. I thought about a few Steam summer sale games but then went naaaaaah... maybe for winter.

Meh steam sales have been pretty terrible for years now since they changed format, always feels like they put something up for sale for less discount than the previous sale. Like we can lookup previous sale prices, putting something up for 25% isn't going to get me to buy it now when I've seen it at 50% already lol.

Still, people are going to want different things out of an expansion, if you see what you like, then hey preorder. For me it's elite specs, cause the pve in this game is boring and tedious to me, only reason I got pof was for the elite specs, which kinda had to, for wvw....

If they're gonna rehash fishing and boats that other games already have, I would hope they have a special spin on it, like they did with their mounts, which they probably should have showed yesterday with it. Can't really blame people for feeling a little empty about it.

But yeah if someone was not impressed, wait and see, I'm sure they'll be releasing more detail blogs along the way, like they usual handle their releases.

24 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

There's about 5 or more active threads alone, all the exact same tone: "Where content, not enough content, no Tengu Race, Game Dead, Legendary sucks, no content expansion". That ain't constructive.

I don't get where exactly"where contents, not enough contents" threads are as the majority since we are debating about "the majority being negative". Even if there are indeed those 4 or 5threads,  those are just 5 people who started it. But there are tons of people putting things they like and dislike about the tease. Lets not discount them. People generally agree on the fact that the new legendary are unimaginative as they look like a glorified gems shop items. That thing is one those things that needed to be reflected.   But hold these thoughts for now,  we'll talk more when the testing in 3 weeks. 

Edited by quaniesan.8497

That's basically shut up on the offering criticism part.

I highlighted your assumption. If he intended to tell people to shut up, he would have. Don't put words into other people's mouth.

He was clear that being overly negative is unhealthy and wastes one's own time, that it isn't worth the emotional anguish. He didn't say don't offer criticism, just that there is no need to be a drama queen about it.

Many of us have seen the pattern for years where suggestions are made to devs and ignored. It's fine. Some stuff also actually got implemented too. Getting worked up over it becomes an unrealistic expectation. Re-evaluating your relationship with the game is healthy and keeps you in control of your life and not dependent upon some corporation's bottom line.

Edited by Chaba.5410

7 hours ago, Kyrios.8736 said:

They don't really listen to community feedback, if they did, they would've taken care of pvp bot problem long time ago (check how many people complain in pvp subforum about it). They'll keep adding things they like and removing things they dislike, and ignoring things they don't care about at all. They only listen if there's a big group of players or some famous streamer with big group of players rallied behind talking about something. Yes, bouncing between games is exactly how you should play games. Playing one game all the time will burn you out anyways. Remember that Arenanet is a company and is owned by NCsoft which is also a company. They do things for profit. Unless there's big chunk of players that want something implemented signing a petition or something led by Arenanet partner, they won't care.

6 hours ago, Saniyah.1984 said:

I'm not 100% sure yet, i like to supported Guild wars 2 but anet did soo many disappointing things. like Buld templates/equipment templates being character bound. maybe i will waited for discount instead of pre order

Very much these ^

Over the years, it is crystal clear that the ANet DOES NOT listen to the community. Like what Kyrios said, they added, changed, nerfed and removed things depending on what they like or dislike and not what the community wanted. And if they happened to changed something that you wanted it's not that they listened to you, it's because they like your suggestion and want to change it anyway. Nothing to do with your feedbacks.

Look at the patches over the years, they made changes to useless stuff where no one even noticed or mentioned them and they ignored hundreds of constructive feedbacks to some changes. For the community, they only responded to nerfs call, and this is why nowadays no one even bother to ask for a balance change but instead every one wants to nerf the other professions because they know ANet will do it if there is enough noise in the forum regardless of if they are just the minority.

What did they do over the past two years? Endless big nerfs to every thing; dps, support, mounts and if you see a buff, don't be happy they will take it back in the next patch, with interest. And when questioned about these unnecessary changes, they went dumb and deaf and hide away from the forum for years. They can't deliver promises and the so called contents they threw at us are DRMs and to redo LWS with a few new rewards thrown in. 

Look at the EoD trailer, lack of good info and they are going to give us lazy man's legendary skins. Not mentioning what many are waiting for or at least a hint whether if there is any new race or WvW upgrades or many other stuff players have been asking about EoD. There's their silence again.

What I see so far in the video and live stream, it's not worth the price and hype at all, and i know many will say it's only a first look, but what if it's not? What you see now is what you get. And for contents, probably they will make you grind for months for the masteries on everything. Looking at what has happened over the past few years, I have lost confidence in the team to do as good a job as they did with HoT and PoF. Definitely i will not rush to buy, i can wait.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Thanks 2