"Legendary" Black Lion Set [Merged]

1 minute ago, Myriada.7580 said:

We already have the Weapons of the Scion from Dragonfall, extremely rare Ascended weapons with unique skins for our bond with Aurene. I think that should have been enough. Legendaries are a big time and gold investment so I enjoy getting a unique piece at the end of it, not a part of a set like a cheap Black Lion skin set.

Umm considering she is legendary herself i think its fitting. But like i said there will be more leggys you dont have to get these. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Zuldari.3940 said:

Umm considering she is legendary herself i think its fitting. But like i said there will be more leggys you dont have to get these. 

Idk what is so legendary about a chandelier and yet we have Flames Of War, not sure what your point is. I even like the general aesthetics of the weapon set, but it's just plain boring that they're all so similar. It feels like a continuation of the overpriced weapon sets of the Icebrood Saga, just because I don't have to doesn't mean that the wait until something else is released is any more frustrating.

• Like 4

Just now, Myriada.7580 said:

Idk what is so legendary about a chandelier and yet we have Flames Of War, not sure what your point is. I even like the general aesthetics of the weapon set, but it's just plain boring that they're all so similar. It feels like a continuation of the overpriced weapon sets of the Icebrood Saga, just because I don't have to doesn't mean that the wait until something else is released is any more frustrating.

Personally i dislike eternity i think its a featureless paddle sword ugly to me, at least the aurene sword has detail and style, not just a flat broad paddle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Personally i dislike eternity i think its a featureless paddle sword ugly to me, at least the aurene sword has detail and style, not just a flat broad paddle

I explicitly said I like the aesthetics. Stop defending points you make up and I didn't say.
Edit: To be clear, what I'm upset about is that they're all the same.

Edited by Myriada.7580
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Myriada.7580 said:

I explicitly said I like the aesthetics. Stop defending points you make up and I didn't say.
Edit: To be clear, what I'm upset about is that they're all the same.

Oh you mean the style is based on the prismatic look of aurene. Thats what i like in the video of the character swinging it kinda like a bifrost effect. As for the style its pretty sleek, sorry you cant please everyone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Oh you mean the style is based on the prismatic look of aurene. Thats what i like in the video of the character swinging it kinda like a bifrost effect. As for the style its pretty sleek, sorry you cant please everyone

Thanks for proving yourself you have no reading skills. Good talk.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have kind of excepted a singular theme legendaries before the stream to be honest. The only difference is was that I expected the theme to be chosen from one of canthan themes, instead of being based on an NPC I am growing since HoT.

I will reserve my judgement before I see all of them, GS didn't quite sold me (quality seemed appropriate, just that particular shape is not to my likings when it comes to swords :P) gotta see how the rest of them looks.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Myriada.7580 said:

Thanks for proving yourself you have no reading skills. Good talk.

No i get it, you are all out of joint because its a set! So your sword will have the theme of your staff ect. What is wrong with that? They are based on a legendary dragon. Most people i talked to ingame liked the set. 

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

I have kind of excepted a singular theme legendaries before the stream to be honest. The only difference is was that I expected the theme to be chosen from one of canthan themes, instead of being based on an NPC I am growing since HoT.

I will reserve my judgement before I see all of them, GS didn't quite sold me (quality seemed appropriate, just that particular shape is not to my likings when it comes to swords :P) gotta see how the rest of them looks.

I am willing to bet the reason these are all being in the game at release is because aurene will guide us into cantha and plays a huge part. Im also think that as we progress there will be cantha legendarys 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Well you all wanted changes in EoD one of the changes is a complete legendary weapon set. personally i like it.

We wanted a renewal, not a regression ...

And if it was impossible for them to do otherwise for the legendaries, they could use a Cantha theme like the Envoys.

Stop with Aurene, we can no longer bear this boring and stupid dragon

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Instinct.7513 said:

No, but seriously... having an entire legendary weapon set with the same aesthetic theme feels like anet is getting lazy, and just milking gw2 on its way out.

Maybe. Or Maybe they think its a good idea to have a complete themed set. I like that.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I was worried that I would have alot on my plate if the 3rd gen all look super awesome and I'll have a hard time deciding which legendary to craft... But now anet made it easy for me 🥴. I would stick to crafting gen 1 and 2 for the rest of the weapon types that I don't have. And the lws spotlight achi might give a precursor to craft a single legy from aurene legy collection I'll pick one from that... I some how feel relieved that the new legendary sets are mediocre. 😌.

But, if those aurene legy set has some out of the box effects as Exordium does, then I'll have a hard time deciding which one to craft.

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

no one weapon truly deserves to be considered as "Legendary" because every weapon this game can be shoved in a BL Chest just as much as actual BL Chest weapons. 

Exordium says "HELLO?"🤨.

No weapon in history of tyria or in black lion have been close or even considered to be in league with legendary weapons like Exordium, binding of IPOs and a few other.

And ppl who don't know, pls go check out how Exordium behaves for different class diff skills... Exordium is way ahead of it's time... The designer has an extraordinary mind to think about such a weapon... And kudos to anet for making the (Exordium)designer's thoughts into reality... I mean virtuality 😁.

15 hours ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Maybe anet is rushing into this aurene collection... I can't imagine a nice unique collection achievement for every legy weapon in this new aurene set... Aurene doesn't have much lore to handle all 16 weapons... Maybe anet decided to focus less on lores and collections for legy weapons going forward.

If time is their only restriction for the reason to rush into this, I'd really expect them to delay the legy weapons and release one unique legy weapon every month after expansion releases

The fact that they give us token to get a precursor directly without enjoying the experience of doing unique collections lore to get the precursor... Makes me think that anet has like reduced it's interest in legendary weapons altogether as it gets reduced to just a skin in legy armory.

I really hope their rest of the focus is on things that really do matter and retain and increase player influx

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imo its...i wouldn't say lazy but...I dont like that the legendaries all have the same ultra shiny look...i would like to have another Set. I mean the same but lets say in a "dark mode". I dont like these super shiny weapon skins because a) this doesn't fit to my characters since most of them are dark or sth between dark and shiny and b) it doesn't fit to my personality. 

I mean this: look i am so shiny, i am such a hero.

Nah ty. 

Well all that trash talking i did for saying: it wouldve been nice to get also a dark Theme of legendaries. Not everyone likes this super shiny skins.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm somewhat happy and relieved in a weird way that they made a drab looking legy generation... That way I need not worry about crafting them. 🤣😂.

Only ppl who have more mystic coins and keen on getting every skin in wardrobe would go for it...

Even though I feel disappointed in legy set, I bought EOD coz I believe anet can over achieve in other areas... Especially graphics, visuals, maps, voice lines and replayability in events and stuff... Mesmer skills look stylish and cool like Gilgamesh from fate stay night unlimited bladeworks. 

Wish they make rangers look way cooler than mesmers... Anet pls don't give mediocre looking effects and ugly glove skins for rangers or any ugly skins for that matter.

I love siege turtles concept content... But somehow feel that ppl will have a hard time deciding who gets to drive or who gets to fire weapons... And getting ppl on weapon systems is easy with guilds but ppl who are new and shy and doesn't have in-game friends might not get the full experience of siege turtles I guess... 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:38 AM, redux.1502 said:

I completely understand mild disappointment in not getting new Legendaries that are ALL unique. HOWEVER, we also had the MOST sporadic release cadence for the previous set of weapons. Like it took YEARS to get them all. If this grouping them all up allows for a quicker (say every 6 months) release cadence for a set of awesome looking Legendaries? Hell yeah, I'll take that over the previous iteration any day. 

Mild? I see massive disappointment. Most of the big GW2 streamers said to be disappointed and on the forums about 85% of people are against them or said to be disappointed/underwhelmed. I would suggest Anet to undo this "Legendary Set" and turn it into a skin just like the Immortal Weapon Skins that are only available in some Black Lion packages to still make them feel special and rare.

Edited by Konjo.4981
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Theres already a 100 topics about this, but yeah I don't like them. They should turn them into a set Black Lion Set like the Immortal Weapon Set that is only available in some black lion packages to keep these Aurene skins valuable and rare.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I'm somewhat happy and relieved in a weird way that they made a drab looking legy generation... That way I need not worry about crafting them. 🤣😂.

Only ppl who have more mystic coins and keen on getting every skin in wardrobe would go for it...

Even though I feel disappointed in legy set, I bought EOD coz I believe anet can over achieve in other areas... Especially graphics, visuals, maps, voice lines and replayability in events and stuff... Mesmer skills look stylish and cool like Gilgamesh from fate stay night unlimited bladeworks. 

Wish they make rangers look way cooler than mesmers... Anet pls don't give mediocre looking effects and ugly glove skins for rangers or any ugly skins for that matter.

I love siege turtles concept content... But somehow feel that ppl will have a hard time deciding who gets to drive or who gets to fire weapons... And getting ppl on weapon systems is easy with guilds but ppl who are new and shy and doesn't have in-game friends might not get the full experience of siege turtles I guess... 

I am hoping crafting Aurene weapon doesn't cost the same material as the other unique weapon, so that way people like me will still craft it for the sake of unlocking leg weaponry to be used across all other char..  map completion for example, is my main enemy for crafting leg weapons. I couldn't bring myself back to do more map completion, one of my weakness.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Konjo.4981 said:

Theres already a 100 topics about this, but yeah I don't like them. They should turn them into a set Black Lion Set like the Immortal Weapon Set that is only available in some black lion packages to keep these Aurene skins valuable and rare.

my apology, i just jump in here without reading all other post. if a merge of these post will be great. Thanks.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Saniyah.1984 said:

uhm transmutations??

I guess you didn't read the whole thread...
Transmuting legendaries removes all the legendary effects. While the QoL stuff on legendaries is nice, people wanted and built legendaries before some of those were in place because of the unique visual effects.

Edited by ReaverKane.7598
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Im not really happy about it, but im not mad about it. They look cool so thats all that matters.

And I couldn't care less, as I am usually reskinning legendaries to a cooler look. 😉

However, those do indeed look sub par for legendaries. Then again, perhaps in certain players' opinion still better than some of the truly ugly ones we got in the past (like the clown pistol, the ship-shaped rifle, the chandalier torch, the quaggan shield, etc).

In any case, as someone stated correctly earlier (in another topic): The point of a legendary weapon is its uniqueness, not the whole set looking the same; the flavor of a unique heroic background for each piece; and the variety in designs, so that there's something for everyone (vs a whole set of the same that one might or might not like at all).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2021 at 11:25 PM, Digger.8659 said:

So the newest set of legendary weapons is basically just a set of black lion weapon skins?  The Aurene weapons are better off being bought for gold/claim tickets, not being made as a legendary weapon set.  Every single legendary had their own unique style, but going with one theme for legendary weapons is just lazy designing.  I honestly hope it gets reworked.

I agree. I hoped for unique style legendary weapons, just like gen 1 and 2. In my opinion, it makes the weapons feel much more special. Also it's cool to read the new lore they added with the splash screens on the mystic forge when you craft one; I bet the lore for these Aurene-style legendary weapons will be all the same. Pretty disappointing. I really hope they turn these Aurene skins into a black lion weapon collection as it should be, then create awesome unique skins for each new legendary weapon!

• Like 4