Istani Bounty Hunter achievement not giving credit [Merged]

it was like this 6 months ago when i tried doing the bounties as well. it turns out its not a bug its because Joko is using illusions to make fake bounties. i eventually gave up though cause it was ridiculous how many times i tried to get a real bounty.

Have also been experiencing this bug while trying to complete the "Istani Bounty Hunter" achievement. Currently stuck at 1/5. Have reported each failure through the bug report system.

The Return to Daybreak bounty achievement has been completed at 5/5, so that seems to be accepting credit without issue.

I received another email from the support today.

I have looked into this issue and it appears the Dev Team is aware of the matter and working on a solution as quickly as possible. We do not currently have a time frame for this fix, so please keep an eye on the official Guild Wars 2 forums (https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum) for any updates.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Melo.9615 said:

I received another email from the support today.

Oh that's awesome. Thanks for sharing! I didn't realize that Sunk Cost was bugged too. That makes it even more reasonable for us to submit it in-game as a "blocks progress" bug because it makes it even more common to get blocked from the cascade of sequential achievements to get the Vision legendary (Istani Bounty Hunter & Sunk Cost > Daybreak Mastery > Visions of Istan > Vision I: Awakening > Vision II: Awakening > Vision). Legendaries are hard enough without having to work around bugged steps :).

The new Return to Daybreak achievement "Bounty Hunter: Domain of Istan" counted every single bounty kill and it completed after the required 5 kills. But the original Story Journal achievement "Istani Bounty Hunter" says I've only killed Smoldge. Not one of the other named bounties was counted. 🤨

• Like 1

Is reading the forums and wiki required before attempting anything in this game?  So many 'known' bugs that you either learn by experiencing first hand, or read about on the forums.

Pretty ticked off that I finally got a Shamshir bounty to spawn to not get credit for it.  I only have so much time in my life to waste playing games, and playing games that prevent you from advancing are a bigger waste of my time.

Chances are it'll be like the llama's in Dry Top. We'll have to wait several weeks for the devs to finally get around to fixing the issue. What's sad to me, is that I hear this issue has been around for many months and talked about multiple times on the forums in the past. Meaning, that even though they are using the old content to keep us busy until February, they aren't really reading these forums at all. This is an issue they should have known about and fixed prior to this rerun of LWS4E1, plain and simple.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, phandaria.4891 said:

Istani Bounty Hunter achievement not giving credit - Page 3 - Bugs: Game, Forum, Website - Guild Wars 2 Forums

Yes, it has been talked in other threads as well. Sad to see this is not yet fixed even as the Return to Daybreak week is ending.

1 August was that posted ... Jesus man and they have not fixed it yet...

1 minute ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

1 August was that posted ... Jesus man and they have not fixed it yet...

Pfff expecting bug fixes!! Theres another bounty thread thats been up for years and that achievent still hasnt gotten fixed. Super annoying to see. 😞

23 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Hmmm, I killed Suneh 3 times as part of the achievement of 5 total and it worked just fine. However, there was another bounty I did before that and it didn't count. So I guess this bug doesn't affect everyone the same way.

I ran through a trains that did all five, was one of the first to tag the boss each time, got gold, and got no credit for the Bounty Istan achievement.

The return to achievement counted just fine. Meaning somethings kitteny with the Bounty Istan.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Hmmm, I killed Suneh 3 times as part of the achievement of 5 total and it worked just fine. However, there was another bounty I did before that and it didn't count. So I guess this bug doesn't affect everyone the same way.

The return of livin world season are not bugged is the normal in story tab that dont work

• Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to Istani Bounty Hunter achievement not giving credit [Merged]
22 hours ago, Beyonder.3659 said:

can confirm. went from 1/5 to 5/5 yesterday

What!? How is this possible. Not because of the bug fix, I get that, but because Lady Shamshir never shows up! I've been in multiple bounty trains on this map for three days now since the bug fix and if Lady Shamshir actually populates on the bounty board, her event is ALWAYS, every time an ambush event. I've seen countless people having the same problem. It's driving me nuts! It's literally the only thing I have left to do on the map. So frustrating. I just created a separate post about it because surely something must be wrong.  

Edited by CrimeDog.5614
Correcting typos

2 hours ago, CrimeDog.5614 said:

What!? How is this possible. Not because of the bug fix, I get that, but because Lady Shamshir never shows up! I've been in multiple bounty trains on this map for three days now since the bug fix and if Lady Shamshir actually populates on the bounty board, her event is ALWAYS, every time an ambush event. I've seen countless people having the same problem. It's driving me nuts! It's literally the only thing I have left to do on the map. So frustrating. I just created a separate post about it because surely something must be wrong.  

Could not find her too on several instances. The "bounty" hangs on the board, but doe snot show up and being around every location on the wiki does not surface here appearance.