What is your top 5 of most broken kitten in PvP right now?

15 hours ago, Terrorsquad.2349 said:

If your team is good enough to outrotate 1 or 2 scourges, they automatically outrotate the thief in Conquest, no?

Outrotating one scourge is easy, outrotating two of them not so much. Outrotating a daredevil is borderline impossible.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1

1. Scourge Barrier design not having being reworked yet. (Too forgiving, carries anything.)

2. Overtuned ranger pets. (Tail Swipe is one primary example amongst several other busted values and mechanics that are janky af.)

3. Poison is overtuned with only 1 counter. (Resistance should still affect the modifier.)

3. Skills that suffer from past nerfs on top of 2020 nerfs. (Cooldown that are also too high. Warrior and Elementalist really suffers from that.)

4. Blindness duration on many skills is stupidly high and carries. (Shadow Shot is the most noticeable one.)

5. Skills that don't work as intended/are janky and have been left unfixed. (Coalescence of Ruins bad rework, Burning Speed evade delay etc.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2021 at 7:00 AM, Math.5123 said:

Note that I haven't played in about two months. 

1: Scourge. The class is just way too oppressive. 

2: Holosmith. It's really only the superspeed trait at this point. The fact that it clears all soft CC on such a low cooldown gives the class so much mobility from a single trait. Also, nade kit should not be able to cast behind you. 

3: Daredevil. Weakness application from Drd is way too high. Shadowstep is also crazy strong, double stunbreak, condi cleanse and 1200 range port in a single ability. It's just bloated.

4: Herald. It's honestly only True Nature cast in Shiro. This skill is beyond dumb, 1/4th second cast time, aoe boonrip that's unblockable and can crit upwards of 4.5k.

5: Corrupts. Why does a single stack of might still corrupt into 5s of weakness?

This, this, this, this and this.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:00 AM, Math.5123 said:

3: Daredevil. Weakness application from Drd is way too high. Shadowstep is also crazy strong, double stunbreak, condi cleanse and 1200 range port in a single ability. It's just bloated.

This dude has always hated thief, even though he plays a class that can easily handle them....

When you lose Angel, its because they are better than you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

This dude has always hated thief, even though he plays a class that can easily handle them....

When you lose Angel, its because they are better than you.

I have so many questions. But I will refrain from getting into a discussion with you, cause I know there's no point. 

1. Scourge and its braindead nature. Their ress mechanic is just broken and works through LoS (Ress mechanics in general are a huge tilter in this game). On top of that all of their shroud skills are instant, carrying them even through cc which is supposed to be a counter. 

2. Trapper rune DH's. A class with this much damage and such potent combo's shouldn't have stealth with superspeed on top.

3. Ranger pets. This probably is one of the most tilting things in the game. Even when my teammate is pressuring the ranger off point, the pet is just afk dpsing me and doing way too much damage at no investment. Or it decides to insta knockdown me the moment I come out of elixir S. Absolutely infuriating.

4. Condi mirage absolutely braindead condi spam, visual clutter and distortion. And all of the mesmer instant ranged interrupts.

5. Power heralds shiro porting on you through a wall with enchanted daggers, instagibbing 50% of your health before you even have time to dodge.

6. Fire weavers that simply refuse to die 1v1 when they don't want to, rotating endless defensive cd's with evades, invulns and having a crapton of barrier.

7. Blindspam thiefs with insane stealth uptime, always being in control of the fight and impossible to die on when they don't want to. Meanwhile they rotate the map at incredible ease. 

Oh I posted more than 5? Guess the pattern is clear here, and there's actually a lot more to be named.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Going along with the mindset that broken stand for both OP and UP.

1- 300s ICD traits: How long will those traits stay in the game? Is it really to hard to just replace their proc by something less toxic?

2- Trapper runeset: 3 professions (ranger, thief and guardian) have already been nerfed due to this runeset 6th bonus effect.

3- Barrier: A very poorly implemented mechanism as it is.

4- Transformations as elite skills.

5- Hard CC: The heavy focus the game have on locking down foes instead of interrupting them is really a big issue.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Going along with the mindset that broken stand for both OP and UP.

5- Hard CC: The heavy focus the game have on locking down foes instead of interrupting them is really a big issue.

I don't believe nr5 being an issue. It works in other real competitive games. The issue is that without direct communication and no 5-men queue, it is hard to see a teammates being stunlocked. There's no issue in 5vs5 premades with communication as they can call out the hard focus/cc on theirselves and another teammate to support him/her.

What I would suggest to remedy this (for current forced Solo/Duo Q without comms) is to make it more visible if a teammate nearby has been stunlocked for more than 1 second.

They can implement a voice that says "teammate has been locked down" and have a big red ring around him so people can react and support or counter-lock the enemies.

Edited by Terrorsquad.2349

2 hours ago, Terrorsquad.2349 said:

I don't believe nr5 being an issue. It works in other real competitive games. The issue is that without direct communication and no 5-men queue, it is hard to see a teammates being stunlocked. There's no issue in 5vs5 premades with communication as they can call out the hard focus/cc on theirselves and another teammate to support him/her.

What I would suggest to remedy this (for current forced Solo/Duo Q without comms) is to make it more visible if a teammate nearby has been stunlocked for more than 1 second.

They can implement a voice that says "teammate has been locked down" and have a big red ring around him so people can react and support or counter-lock the enemies.

I'm sorry but I do not enjoy a game were I can't play because I'm pined down. Other games certainly have some amount of hard CC that stop you/root you but no game have it in the amount GW2 have.

GW1 used to be a great game that put emphasis on interrupting your foes, while GW2 scrapped all that and focused heavily on pre-emptively disabling your foe for durations that can easily disgust anyone from playing the game.

There are professions that can almost perma root you by themself, other that can make you run aimlessly for stupid amount of time and some other that can just disable you over and over and over without much of a break.

When was the last time someone saw a genuine interrupt in GW2, not something happening by luck but a properly calculated and timed use of an interrupt skill? Last time I encountered someone doing a proper interrupt and not spamming mindlessly it's long list of hard CC was in the vanilla game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm sorry but I do not enjoy a game were I can't play because I'm pined down. Other games certainly have some amount of hard CC that stop you/root you but no game have it in the amount GW2 have.

GW1 used to be a great game that put emphasis on interrupting your foes, while GW2 scrapped all that and focused heavily on pre-emptively disabling your foe for durations that can easily disgust anyone from playing the game.

There are professions that can almost perma root you by themself, other that can make you run aimlessly for stupid amount of time and some other that can just disable you over and over and over without much of a break.

When was the last time someone saw a genuine interrupt in GW2, not something happening by luck but a properly calculated and timed use of an interrupt skill? Last time I encountered someone doing a proper interrupt and not spamming mindlessly it's long list of hard CC was in the vanilla game.

You can't have played many other MMO's if you think GW2 has more CC than any other.

Have fun getting throw-chained to death in BDO.

And I do calculated intentional interrupts of key skills all the time. I see other people doing the same.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I find it weird (and unfortunate) you experience this.

However, I can say I do not have issues like this. Or at least not much. Most builds I run have a mechanics in place to either stunbreak, remove immobilize, teleport, movement skills removing immobilize, block, evade, ..

Being perma-cc'ed might mean multiple different reasons why this is happening. Wrong rotation, no teamwork, went into fight with too many CD's, not enough stunbreak/cleanses or other mechanics to remove immo/stuns, caught with pants down, ..

The experience is different in 1v1 where it's not so much of an issue but in teamfights, this might indeed be an issue. But this is where working together remedies this. Most builds have mechanics to protect, cleanse or heal you in certain ways.

In what ways or situations are you experiencing this and with what class/build?

About the interupt: that's when I use my pistol 4 on thief when whoever wants to use a burst or heal, I save ini to interupt because I know it will come. Thief has been made an auto-attack spammer so that saves some ini for the interupt. But yes, there are more stuns than interupts in the game.

Edited by Terrorsquad.2349

3 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

It warms my hearth to know that no matter how dogshit mesmer is, people will still find a way to complain about it.

Bruh you've been here long enough to know this already.

2 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

people want interrupts instead of CC spam, but the only build that actually does that ( power block mirage ) is hated to hell and back. you all THINK you want it but you really dont, what you want is this braindead CC spam, immortal meta that you have.

They won't understand that they got exactly what they have been asked for, they wanted to go back to core we went back to core and a little bit more.

Edited by Genesis.5169

2 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Bruh you've been here long enough to know this already.

They won't understand that they got exactly what they have been asked for, they wanted to go back to core we went back to core and a little bit more.

helseth explained it nicely, they use their healing skill out in the open ( despite 99% of the builds having tools to protect their healing skills ) get interrupted, and upset they MIGHT die.
how they deal with it?
they shove so much tankiness they cant die even if you interrupt them PogU

• Like 1