When are the anniversary sales?

30 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Its not actually a 50% discount, its less, for some reason its showing higher values in the crossed out section then it usually costs. its usually 5 for 450, and 25 for 2100. 

Oh, okay, I didn't know the regular Key prices.

I hope this is a mistake on Anets part, and not some scummy action to make the discount seem bigger, in order to encourage gambling.

2 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

I hope this is a mistake on Anets part, and not some scummy action to make the discount seem bigger, in order to encourage gambling.

It is not since the 5 and 25 are already discounted.

If you look at the price for a single key you see that the % is right on the money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

I think its just an issue with the UI, that they can't show 2 discounts at the same time, so they double them up for the events, as usually 5 and 25 are discounted, in either case it is still cheaper to buy now then it usually is 🙂

• Like 1

I’ve been refreshing the wiki page all day hoping to find out what is on today’s anniversary sale. I finally realized, it’s been the “August Sale” this whole time. That means it was over yesterday. 😭

Character slots have been on sale every anniversary since the 2016 sale. But not this year. 😭

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I’ve been refreshing the wiki page all day hoping to find out what is on today’s anniversary sale. I finally realized, it’s been the “August Sale” this whole time. That means it was over yesterday. 😭

Character slots have been on sale every anniversary since the 2016 sale. But not this year. 😭

Im quite pissed about that. I was waiting this whole year for slots. I dont know who made this decision, but it was a bad one. There are a lot of players that were waiting on these.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

I am pissed too that they don't put Character Slot sale and Shared Slot sale for this year anniversary, like wtf anet?

Its been a thing in every anniversary sale for years, people came to expect it. Im seriously upset about it, i just dumped a pile of money into the game thinking I will be making some new characters to take into Cantha and buying bank tabs bag slots 2 supply drops. Forget it if they think im going to blow 800 gems on a char slot, sure if it was paid for with gold I would, but unlike most people all my gems are paid with money. I honestly dont see how they can make a profit when most people are using ingame gold to buy gems lol, i guess the loss is passed on to people like me that use real world money.

Honestly was this even an anniversary sale?  I mean compared to the previous years it dont really seem near as good.

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Its been a thing in every anniversary sale for years, people came to expect it. Im seriously upset about it, i just dumped a pile of money into the game thinking I will be making some new characters to take into Cantha and buying bank tabs bag slots 2 supply drops. Forget it if they think im going to blow 800 gems on a char slot, sure if it was paid for with gold I would, but unlike most people all my gems are paid with money. I honestly dont see how they can make a profit when most people are using ingame gold to buy gems lol, i guess the loss is passed on to people like me that use real world money.

Honestly was this even an anniversary sale?  I mean compared to the previous years it dont really seem near as good.

How they make a profit is that all gems are bought with real money.

Person use cash to buy gems and exchange for gold gem pool gets bigger.

Then another person spend gold to buy gems, the pool of gems shrinks.

Then people buying gems and exchanging those for gold get more for them since the gem pools is small and that fill up the pool again.

That is why the gold to gems/gems to gold fluctuate mate.

There is also tax on both the gems to gold and gold to gems transactions.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Just save your gems until they are. That's what I do.

10 hours ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

Just save your gems until they are. That's what I do.

I will. I'm patient.

Arahael, though. Arahael is six and a half years old. He is a ranger. He has two pets, a dog named Aragorn and a cat named Arwen. He has only been defeated five times in his entire life, and is an unrivaled master at mining ten quartz crystals a day.

His time is short.

I recently discovered that I've never run a Charr or Norn through their personal stories, and that there are precious Core Tyria Mastery points available there. I was hoping to pick up a slot on sale for running a Charr and Norn up to 60. Unfortunately, no slots on sale.

Ranger is the only profession I have two of, so it looks like it's time to clear a character slot.

Why, ArenaNet? Why?

Poor Arahael could have gone on contentedly mining quartz crystals until he was old and grey. He had the occasional branded griffin to fight, shelter from the Elonian sun, the companionship of his pets. But now his days are numbered.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

How they make a profit is that all gems are bought with real money.

Person use cash to buy gems and exchange for gold gem pool gets bigger.

Then another person spend gold to buy gems, the pool of gems shrinks.

Then people buying gems and exchanging those for gold get more for them since the gem pools is small and that fill up the pool again.

That is why the gold to gems/gems to gold fluctuate mate.

There is also tax on both the gems to gold and gold to gems transactions.

Well I dont use gold to buy gems, so I dont know why you posted that to me. I buy gems with real money not ingame gold.

1 hour ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Well I dont use gold to buy gems, so I dont know why you posted that to me. I buy gems with real money not ingame gold.

It was because you dident see how they profit when people just pay gold to gems.

The reason is simple the more people buy gems with their gold the more enticing it is for other people to buy gems with cash and trade them for go.ld.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Not sure, the people operating the Wiki are still adding the current sales to the Anniversary Sale list:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store/Anniversary_Sales

ArenaNet has really caused confusion with this "August Sale" thing.

Makes me about the conversation that happened in the halls earlier this year.

"Yeah, we're going to reduce all the anniversary sales, because we'll have announced EoD and people will want all this stuff without the big discounts."

"But, won't that look a little weird with it being the anniversary. Like we're not as enthusiastic about our own game."

"Well, let's just call it the August sale. That way people won't have expectations."

"Yeah. That'll probably work."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/3/2021 at 4:40 AM, polman.3620 said:

Did it officially end? The anniversary sales?

I'm not sure they ever started.  They were called "August Sales" throughout the month of August, and it seems that ANet was indeed very careful NOT to call them Anniversary Sales.  I saved up my gems but saw very little that I wanted to get, and the discounts were terrible compared to years past.

Let's hope ANet sees the discontent and does better next year.  For the 10th anniversary, let's hope for mind-blowing.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1