The reward for the Story Replay should have been the legendary waterbreather.

I have the legendary amulet. So the new one have no use for me. Aquabreather all the way.

Thou with all the legendary items around and the new armory, there is so little things to do with your loot so owning an ascended aquabreather for every char and every build is not such a burden. 

• Like 1

Eh, winterberries are easy enough for ascended aquabreathers. That being said, I do think we’ll get a legendary aqua breather somewhat soon, either that or infusions are the only things left I can even think of (legendary gathering tools? Doubtful just because that would invalidate the gem store ones and I’m betting ANet wants that money)

Yes- I wish we would have gotten some sort of reliquary type item, so I could pick a trinket at the end of this quest. Lord knows I don’t want to grind raids and PoF legendary bounties to get Coalescence. But a new amulet sounds cool, and yeah, even though I already have Transcendence, sPvP is one of if not the most toxic player environment I’ve ever been in in gaming, so letting people skip that is a win, even if I don’t personally reap the benefits 

• Like 1

This Achievement allows me to finally max out my trinkets so I disagree.

Most things have multiple ways to obtain in most game modes 

The Amulet was the last item that was purely linked to PvP only

Since I do not play PvP myself, I am happy with this solution.

I do, however, hope for an Aquabreather any time in the near future, to complete the entire set.

18 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Especially since the ATs are just filled with the same 20 plat-ranked people beating up on anyone trying for the amulet.

You actually don't need AT's for the amulet anymore at all, since that was just part of the non-slumbering visual "upgrade" which got removed. 

You can just do PvP dailies for 10 minutes a day and get Transcendence eventually. 

Having done that, I do wish they would have offered a choice of a trinket, as as it stands, having Transcendence (and not being particularly interested in Legendary Weapons either) has essentially invalidated any interest I could have had for the "Return to" initiative. 

If the new, much cheaper, Amulet on top ends up coming with a visual effect that I actually like, unlike Transcendence which I before the change only ever intended to get as Slumbering version - and because there wasn't another option, it's going to feel pretty bad. 

I'd much rather skip the absurd Funerary Incense/Heart OW grind of something like Coalescence (Raid Trinket.. yea right), than the PvP of Transcendence, at least that's actual and engaging gameplay.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 3:33 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

* Makes sense with the "Water ExPack" 

The same "Water ExPack" that will give us a "full set" of 16 legendary weapons (so, without underwater ones)?

If they could not even do 3 more weapons in a set with unified aestethics, and if they try to hide that by claiming 16 is a full set, it's extremely unlikely they'd want to remind anyone of existence of underwater content by offering us a legendary aquabreather.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Replay story, get legendary?  Am I reading that request right?  If so, then why even bother with replaying the story.  How about giving legendary items as login rewards?  I mean, it's almost the same thing, isn't it?

I mean. If you do all the achievements for all the replay "lws", you do get either the legendary amulet or the pre for it. So..not to far off.

• Confused 1