It Has Been 1.25 Months Since We Were Told "We View WvW as a Cornerstone of the Game"

Sviel.7493

Have we heard anything since then?  I don't watch their streams so I honestly may have missed something.

First alliance beta is supposed to be in August, so within the next ~2 weeks.  Surely, there must be something that can be said about that since it's so close.  At least a screenshot?  Anything concrete would be nice.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately just because the feature is a cornerstone doesn't mean it's important to Anet, just look at sPvP. As long as it carries a bit of the weight it's totally fine.
Well.. maybe Anet doesn't consider sPvP as a cornerstone for GW2 anymore since they literally didn't say a word about it in the EoD stream. Not a single one. But it was in the past and you know where we are now.

I'm gonna call it now: Alliance beta will drop this year but it will take until at least Q2 of 2023 for it to have a "final release". During that time and afterwards WvW will get nothing else because everybody is busy with Alliances.

13 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

You mean there have been changes before the statement that WvW is a cornerstone of the game, and it has not been the most abandoned mode in the game?

I don't really see how the last month has been a change in anything.

To be fair WvW is still in an excellent state compared to PvP.

Nah man, I can understand the distrust but don't start with the wvw player mindset of "muh Anet bad". They also said we would receive news about the Alliances system this month, and this week is full on elite specializations stuff, so let's just wait for the next one.

I can already see the rivers of salt of this community coming, which happens every single time Anet introduces something new to WvW:

"Desert BL bad, delete"

"Tactics bad, delete"

"Balance patch bad, delete"
"Warclaw bad, delete"

"Alliances bad, delete" <- soon

"First alliance beta is supposed to be in August, so within the next ~2 weeks"

Where did you read that? IIRC they never said this was the month of the beta, but the month we would get information about how Alliances would work and beta dates.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Where did you read that? IIRC they never said this was the month of the beta, but the month we would get information about how Alliances would work and beta dates.

Ah, you're right.

Despite waiting several years, they apparently needed more time just to figure out how alliances would work.  It seems I've jumped the gun.

And, to be fair, I wasn't against anything you listed in a general sense.  Several of those things were done rather poorly, which I disliked, but I do give Anet a fair shake on the things they actually deliver.

16 hours ago, Sviel.7493 said:

Have we heard anything since then?  I don't watch their streams so I honestly may have missed something.

First alliance beta is supposed to be in August, so within the next ~2 weeks.  Surely, there must be something that can be said about that since it's so close.  At least a screenshot?  Anything concrete would be nice.

Not quite. They said they'd provide more information in August, not that the first "beta" would be at that time.

Secondly, the fact that this community bought their words hook, line, and sinker is just lol. I said in several threads when they first announced it that "I'll believe it when I see it", and still abide by that, because at this point in time, alliances is just a buzz word to calm the WvW folks.

• Thanks 1

We don't even know in what form the Betas will come out and then whenever the Alliances will be ready for a full launch.

The rest of the content will come  from the new EoD elite specs, which might make or break the meta in wvw. Unless we somehow get a new map along with EoD, but afaik that takes alot of time to work on another map, especially based on what happened with the Desert Borderlands from the beta to the full release and I doubt they had enough devs to work on Alliances at the same time.

Edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048

Just now, SweetPotato.7456 said:

If you are keeping such a keen eyes/Surveillance on how long ago they have said "We view WvW as a Cornerstone of the Game" Why didn't you watch any stream and try to find out if anything was mention? 

It took 2 seconds to check the date on their post.

It takes hours to watch streams that usually don't even acknowledge the content I'm interested in exists.

6 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

So you admit this is just a troll post? 

Since I know some people in these forums watch streams and other information sources I probably don't even know of, I asked here if there was something I didn't know about.

maybe what they meant was that without WvWvW, everything about the game will crumble..

you know, when you pull that essential piece from a building which is called the cornerstone, everything about that building will fall and its writings wiped out..

Metaphorically and/or literally..