For the love of god nerf this one ranger skill

RedAvenged.5217

Don’t tell me I’m raging cuz I got killed cuz this absolutely in no way in the kingdom of heaven should exist.

Why does a pet killing some show the pet as getting the kill on the tooltip at the side of screen!!!

I don’t know who that is, so keep it to yourself. What information do I get from this? How can I formulate a way to beat the opponent, with out knowing who I’m fighting?

this is like trying to get an alt account to bronze for the boys you know?

• Haha 6
  • Confused 6

On 8/13/2021 at 6:06 AM, HokenPWNZ.7628 said:

Just dodge

Riddle me this, who do you dodge the ranger or the pet?

Rhetorical question, ranger has been a brain damage class since release. They were "ok" pre-Hot 2015, but every other time period? Easiest dodge bait most automatic brain damage class in the game. Literally braindead classes of all time goes (in specific order) Ranger, Guardian = Mesmer.

What do ranger, guardian, mesmer all have in common? EVADING/BLOCK SPAMMING/BLIND SPAMMING while baiting your dodges and stun breaks. At least when Necro and Warrior was "meta" they only had effective hp or they had WAY FEWER EVADES while attacking so it was possible to lock them down. At least Engi had to skillshot with grenades at one point. At least thief has a hard time keeping cap, and could actually die to random AoE on dagger pistol builds. Scepter fresh air ele was annoying instant cast but it wasn't even top of the instant cast builds, it wasn't better than Mesmer, because all you had was mobility and it was only good vs. Warrior, didn't do that well vs Thief/Mes.

It's literally classes like Ranger/guard/mesmer that makes games anti-fun.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Riddle me this, who do you dodge the ranger or the pet?

Rhetorical question, ranger has been a brain damage class since release. They were "ok" pre-Hot 2015, but every other time period? Easiest dodge bait most automatic brain damage class in the game. Literally braindead classes of all time goes (in specific order) Ranger, Guardian = Mesmer.

What do ranger, guardian, mesmer all have in common? EVADING/BLOCK SPAMMING/BLIND SPAMMING while baiting your dodges and stun breaks. At least when Necro and Warrior was "meta" they only had effective hp or they had WAY FEWER EVADES while attacking so it was possible to lock them down. At least Engi had to skillshot with grenades at one point. At least thief has a hard time keeping cap, and could actually die to random AoE on dagger pistol builds. Scepter fresh air ele was annoying instant cast but it wasn't even top of the instant cast builds, it wasn't better than Mesmer, because all you had was mobility and it was only good vs. Warrior, didn't do that well vs Thief/Mes.

It's literally classes like Ranger/guard/mesmer that makes games anti-fun.

engi nades auto-aim themselves, you can even throw them through your back, you can be legit running away at super sonic speed while throwing 2-3k dmg autos behind you
necro is just the most braindead class by design, there is no question there.
warrior when meta, is literal dodge spam, heal spam, cc spam incarnate, Its legit just cycling through gs3, dodge and full counter repeatedly, ofc way back all 3 of those did damage
I dont play much guard in pvp, healing guard is fairly braindead and sleeper

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 12:02 AM, Telgum.6071 said:

Mad because a rock gazelle killed you?

It was his own pet gazelle, it really needs to be nerfed.

Or did I mistakenly assume he's playing a Ranger? Was it the other guy that was the Ranger?

Edited by Lucio.4190
Did I misunderstand everything? Who is who and what am I doing here? Is this not a thread where we make jokes? Is the joke on me?

21 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

engi nades auto-aim themselves, you can even throw them through your back, you can be legit running away at super sonic speed while throwing 2-3k dmg autos behind you
necro is just the most braindead class by design, there is no question there.
warrior when meta, is literal dodge spam, heal spam, cc spam incarnate, Its legit just cycling through gs3, dodge and full counter repeatedly, ofc way back all 3 of those did damage
I dont play much guard in pvp, healing guard is fairly braindead and sleeper

Actually the award for most braindead speck of all time goes to Condi Mirage, you know the staff one where you ran in a circle with a heavy defense amulet with condition damage and just spammed clones and defense skills of cooldown till the guy died from the clone conditions. Scourge might be dumb way to play the game but at least there some aiming involved with the shade placements while mirage has been always self driving car and that is why it got so many nerfs instead of addressing its main issue since it was its mirage mechanic.

I find it quite funny that you complain about the dodge damage on war, since I know you were a mirage main and its mechanic is all about dodge damage.

PoF specks brought allot of mechanics creep in the game, but some can be salvaged like Soulbeast, Spellbreaker, Holo and Weaver since it is numbers game for them, because their mechanic is simple, then you have the jumbled messes like DE and Renegade where the base idea is fine, it is just the execution that suffers and finally we have Firebrand, Scourge and Mirage which need total mechanic rework, they are just broken for PVP and SC and FB are even borked in PVE.  

Ranger does have allot of kitten still on it though, like the pulsing imob, every other day with the dumb coefficient on some pets or getting a kittening block on GS, I still don't get why it got special treatment there while mesmer scepter, guard mace, warrior mace and off hand sword had the same abilities. There are allot of arbitrary mechanics buffs/nerfs that happened over time that just got plopped in and then forgotten , for example Chrono is still a mess after so many years.     

1 hour ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Actually the award for most braindead speck of all time goes to Condi Mirage, you know the staff one where you ran in a circle with a heavy defense amulet with condition damage and just spammed clones and defense skills of cooldown till the guy died from the clone conditions. Scourge might be dumb way to play the game but at least there some aiming involved with the shade placements while mirage has been always self driving car and that is why it got so many nerfs instead of addressing its main issue since it was its mirage mechanic.

I find it quite funny that you complain about the dodge damage on war, since I know you were a mirage main and its mechanic is all about dodge damage.

PoF specks brought allot of mechanics creep in the game, but some can be salvaged like Soulbeast, Spellbreaker, Holo and Weaver since it is numbers game for them, because their mechanic is simple, then you have the jumbled messes like DE and Renegade where the base idea is fine, it is just the execution that suffers and finally we have Firebrand, Scourge and Mirage which need total mechanic rework, they are just broken for PVP and SC and FB are even borked in PVE.  

Ranger does have allot of kitten still on it though, like the pulsing imob, every other day with the dumb coefficient on some pets or getting a kittening block on GS, I still don't get why it got special treatment there while mesmer scepter, guard mace, warrior mace and off hand sword had the same abilities. There are allot of arbitrary mechanics buffs/nerfs that happened over time that just got plopped in and then forgotten , for example Chrono is still a mess after so many years.     

nah, old rampage spb took the cake, 12k dmg spin, 5k dmg aoe dodge, 15k dmg rock, 10k dmg bulls. this was the real kitten, mirage was at least a condi build which are all bad

49 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

nah, old rampage spb took the cake, 12k dmg spin, 5k dmg aoe dodge, 15k dmg rock, 10k dmg bulls. this was the real kitten, mirage was at least a condi build which are all bad

Really now it was Rampage a skill that has to be used at appropriate time on profession which was full on active skills, and you said braindead . And can you stop pulling numbers out of your kitten, I'm not sure that even the Berserker build for raids can get these numbers.  You know that at the same time mirage was pumping bajilion confusion(I can overexagerate too), it actually  25 stacks of confusion and 15 torment in a small rotation, they had to do a patch to make cleansing skill not proc confusion so people didn't kill themselves by trying to cleanse.  Stop trying to downplay Mirage all the kittening time man, it is still broken mechanically, they had to remove one of the dodges so it can be not dominate the game again. I'm quite sure people would prefer peak SB over peak Mirage, if they had to pick their poison, since SB was just stat OP while Mirage was braindead mechanics OP, 9 out 10 bots would agree.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Really now it was Rampage a skill that has to be used at appropriate time on profession which was full on active skills, and you said braindead . And can you stop pulling numbers out of your kitten, I'm not sure that even the Berserker build for raids can get these numbers.  You know that at the same time mirage was pumping bajilion confusion(I can overexagerate too), it actually  25 stacks of confusion and 15 torment in a small rotation, they had to do a patch to make cleansing skill not proc confusion so people didn't kill themselves by trying to cleanse.  Stop trying to downplay Mirage all the kittening time man, it is still broken mechanically, they had to remove one of the dodges so it can be not dominate the game again. I'm quite sure people would prefer peak SB over peak Mirage, if they had to pick their poison, since SB was just stat OP while Mirage was braindead mechanics OP, 9 out 10 bots would agree.

lol, rampage was I win button, if you are power you auto-lost to rampage, as its more or less quadruples your EHP ( its like reaper shroud but 2x more HP, with more mobility, 2x the damage and 4x the CC ).
If warrior presses rampage and you dont have specific hard counter spell you lost, and there is that.
3 hard CC skills, 2 dashes, and due to low built in CDS you could cover massive ground hard CC lock someone for eternity while dumping 5k-15k dmg each hit.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

lol, rampage was I win button, if you are power you auto-lost to rampage, as its more or less quadruples your EHP ( its like reaper shroud but 2x more HP, with more mobility, 2x the damage and 4x the CC ).
If warrior presses rampage and you dont have specific hard counter spell you lost, and there is that.
3 hard CC skills, 2 dashes, and due to low built in CDS you could cover massive ground hard CC lock someone for eternity while dumping 5k-15k dmg each hit.

And it is still not braindead as your argument, it was OP, but not skill-less, it didn't play itself, like some other professions. Also your numbers are still off, they were high but were high across the board. SB was not OP because of some grand mechanics but because it had passed the stat check with damage while it was able to deal with the gimmicks that were added in PoF, like it was designed to put a lid on them. The best part of it is that they didn't use anything special to reach that goal, they just put Protector's Strike and added gold paint on it.   

15 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

And it is still not braindead as your argument, it was OP, but not skill-less, it didn't play itself, like some other professions. Also your numbers are still off, they were high but were high across the board. SB was not OP because of some grand mechanics but because it had passed the stat check with damage while it was able to deal with the gimmicks that were added in PoF, like it was designed to put a lid on them. The best part of it is that they didn't use anything special to reach that goal, they just put Protector's Strike and added gold paint on it.   

im sure thats what every warrior player was telling themselves after they took 85% of someones HP by a throw rock that went through a wall, throwing rock takes as much skill as pressing any ranged skill, and since warrior had hmm, actually his every single skill was a must dodge so you just vomited off cooldown, untill something landed and 1shot.
And those numbers are what I took as light armored target with no protection.
This is what I was getting for not playing broken kitten like perma protection, high HP, high toughness builds that everyone was spamming. There is a reason why every build was using demolisher amulet back then. pherald, d/p, s/d, warrior, tools holo. it all did the same broken 1shot CC kitten. And warrior did it while standing on a node spamming dodge.
I legit had games where I could stand still and spam GS1 as mesmer, and for 30s non-stop not a single tick of damage would connect on a warrior, all the while he was smashing his head doing his pve perma dodge rotation, chaining dodges that healed, and did damage.

2 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Vancho.8750 / @Leonidrex.5649 I would say both are right here. Rampage Was for sure ofertuned by numbers it does too many damage for being used for only wait for CD refresh. While as well Mirage was too good mechanic wise (and would be to good mechanic wise still if they wouldnt have nerfed the dodges). 

I do not deny that it was doing allot of damage, I have written threads about tuning Rampage , I'm arguing that SB even though OP was not a braindead speck, like his argument was. All i'm saying that he skipped Mirage in his list, and it is one of those mechanics bloat specks like scourge that could play by itself, and it is kinda unfair to lump SB or even Holo on the same spot as Scourge and Mirage because they had higher coefficients at one point.     

38 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I do not deny that it was doing allot of damage, I have written threads about tuning Rampage , I'm arguing that SB even though OP was not a braindead speck, like his argument was. All i'm saying that he skipped Mirage in his list, and it is one of those mechanics bloat specks like scourge that could play by itself, and it is kinda unfair to lump SB or even Holo on the same spot as Scourge and Mirage because they had higher coefficients at one point.     

maybe warrior just sticks with me more, I remember being hardstuck g3 on mirage, making warrior ( didnt even read what skills do )
mashing random kitten and killing everyone, pressing ramage was 100% insta-win and that has stuck with me.
Then months later, trying to make for fun builds, and being painfully reminded why you HAD to have loads of toughness and protection, by being hit for over 5k by a kittening dodge, or 12k+ with a gs3

16 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Warrior was def op with amounta stuns and dmg it could do combined with mobility, which is why it got nerfed so hard. Being able to 1 shot or 2 shot folks with such ease while perma stunning is dumb.

16 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

im sure thats what every warrior player was telling themselves after they took 85% of someones HP by a throw rock that went through a wall, throwing rock takes as much skill as pressing any ranged skill, and since warrior had hmm, actually his every single skill was a must dodge so you just vomited off cooldown, untill something landed and 1shot.
And those numbers are what I took as light armored target with no protection.
This is what I was getting for not playing broken kitten like perma protection, high HP, high toughness builds that everyone was spamming. There is a reason why every build was using demolisher amulet back then. pherald, d/p, s/d, warrior, tools holo. it all did the same broken 1shot CC kitten. And warrior did it while standing on a node spamming dodge.
I legit had games where I could stand still and spam GS1 as mesmer, and for 30s non-stop not a single tick of damage would connect on a warrior, all the while he was smashing his head doing his pve perma dodge rotation, chaining dodges that healed, and did damage.

He has a point on some areas about mesmers. Mirage being able to get enough condies to 1 shot while evading is dumb, and mes had power creep for a eternity. lets not pretend that chronomancer wasn't a issue ever, because it really was. The whole thing folks complain about, the stealth 1 shot is dumb. Mirage had multiple builds and condi was really dumb due to being able to perma evade. Mirage was so OP mechanically, it literally had to be nerfed real hard continuously.

Both you and him should stop fighting since both classes were problematic, as was scourge as was at one time reaper as was at one time weaver and cele ele, etc etc.

Still, i'd rather fight warr pre nerf than fight mesmers, since i hate stealth 1 hit kills and perma evade mirages.

Edited by Axl.8924