Black Lion Keys

Black Lion Keys  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Make Black Lion Keys Tradable On Tp :) ?

1 hour ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

i mean why not whats there to lose and if people fill tp with keys they will be overall cheaper to buy from players then with gems.

I suppose that would also create problems, in some countries gambling is not allowed so you cannot purchase keys with real money; if keys can be bought at TP you can buy gems, change them to gold and buy keys with gold bypassing the problem and breaking the law.

Aside from that, it woud also hurt ANet incomes.

• Like 4

You make this thread on the assumption that Black Lion Keys exist for the players. That is not the case. Black Lions Keys exist for ANet's profit. If people aren't spending gems on keys anymore, ANet would take a big hit. The fact that we players can get keys outside of the gemstore is generous, and it acts as an introduction and incentive to buy more keys. There's is no reliable way in-game to get a bunch of keys really fast, and that's meant to be. Keys are not meant to benefit us players economically.

• Like 5

As other people have said Anet wouldn't do it because if it works out cheaper to buy keys on the TP than on the gem store they lose money. The best you could hope for is that the price works out roughly the same and occasional fluctuations mean someone might manage to get a key cheaply occasionally (which can already happen with the gold to gems exchange rate changing).

10 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

i mean why not whats there to lose and if people fill tp with keys they will be overall cheaper to buy from players then with gems.

The first thing to lose is revenue for the game, which is what ANet uses to you know, develop the game and its content...

Second of all, even if it did work out cheaper, it still wouldn't take away the fact that you have RNG to contend with. And RNGesus ain't exactly that generous. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

BLK are so easy to obtain already.  No need to short-change Anet with not purchasing them.

easy yes. fast and a lot no.

Keys and the "Suprise" Boxes in every game are only profit for the company. i may have luck but overall its not worh the effort and buy this key. if you have some, check the BLC and use it if something interesting is inside for you

So many of you are looking at this as taking money from anet which is wrong, why cant we look at it from the perspective of making things easier for players hmm ?

and dont talk to me about short charging anet i  bought the expansion and 3 extra accounts for farming so i gave them enough money already.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

So many of you are looking at this as taking money from anet which is wrong, why cant we look at it from the perspective of making things easier for players hmm ?

and dont talk to me about short charging anet i  bought the expansion and 3 extra accounts for farming so i gave them enough money already.

Because Anet won't look at it like that and they're the ones who get to decide which changes are made to the game. I think it literally goes without saying that it would be good for players (which is why no one said it) but you have to consider the whole picture. It would be good for me if I got mailed 100g each time I log in, but it wouldn't be good for anyone else so it will never happen.

Anet is a business, they have to make money and the main way they do that is through gem store sales. If they don't make enough money it's bad for players too because that leads to either more monetisation or the game shutting down. Obviously they can't just charge for everything but when the only apparent benefit to players is it allows them to spend less money there needs to be a benefit for the company to balance out the loss of income or it's never going to happen.

Also I think you're doing this backwards. This is your suggestion, and you say you can see a lot of benefits in it but other than (possibly) cheaper keys you haven't told us what they are and now you're asking us to think of them for you. Why not start by explaining what you think are the benefits of this system? Maybe if you do that more people will be persuaded you're right.

• Thanks 2

On 8/15/2021 at 4:51 AM, MarkoGold.7126 said:

i see a lot of benefits to it.

No this would ruin the game econ altogether. At least it would be very bad. Why? Farmers! People would multi and farm 5 keys at once, then swap to the next 5 accounts (cause some ppl have crazy amounts of accounts). Then they would be able to pool the keys and just sell or use on main account or what ever they wish. That sounds like a horrible idea, sorry.