Do we need more weapons? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Do we need more weapons?

I think that in the current state of our weapon sets we need more options, be they power or hybrid, since e-specs are coming and we hardly have a choice. What do you think?

Best Answer

Answers

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes we do. Long time ago, when Anet decided to remake both skills on sword off-hand, the suggestion was to create a brand new weapons instead. But... too lazy to create additional animations. So.. we are here. I do not think it will ever happen. Nethier would hybrid builds.

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

Severely lacking a core mid range weapon.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2020

Yes please. I wish i would have a offhand weapons, that can be used as every build.

Not sword for power, axe for condi
    (shield....)

something else. Like a kind of supportive horn or so
    maybe one horn skill does something like necros plague horn skill (forgot the name) , while the other makes the rev evade for 3secs (but as tradeoff maybe not be able to attack with weapon skills)

• Im knew to GW2 but not MMO's. This is one of the few that dont have great axes. Something in between the great sword and hammer. Less slash than GS and less impact than a hammer but equal in balance. Slicing for the 1, a poke style bash with the head giving an unbalancing effect to the foe for the 2, a sweep with the handle for the 3, a similar sweeping multiple knockdown with the 4 like the hammer and maybe a baton like spin move for the 5. (Just off the top of my head)

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

We could use more mainhand and offhands.

I hate having ONLY Mace for Condi builds because it is pretty heavy weight of a weapon, offering absolutely no utility, just lots of damage damage damage damage.
    A Mainhand Axe would be nice as a more "lightweight" Condi weapon, with some utility

Offhand Mace would be nice for a more heavy Power set which focuses on CC, since SotM is GARBAGE for CCing bosses now.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• A core ranged condi weapon for the non renegades would be a good addition. Perhaps it can offer some good defensive abilities whilst throwing some condis in the mix.

But more so, a bunch of our current weapons need fixing/polishing, such as hammer. It's in a really bad place right now.

• I've been saying it basically since HoT and Revenant launched but the class needs a bit of an overhaul tbh, on the level of the mesmer phantasm changes a while back. IMO the core class needs one more legend (to have the same amount of utility skills available as every other class, still excluding racial skills) and another weapon that provides another ranged option and adds some more variable options. My suggestion would be something like a mid-range mainhand dagger. This makes the most sense to me as Revenants tend to use weapons in weird and unique ways (ranged dagger skills = cool as hell) and also these forum pages feature official art that literally shows a Revenant holding a dagger.

PS weapon skills shouldn't cost energy