Sell Emblems of the Avenger for other WvW currency? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Sell Emblems of the Avenger for other WvW currency?

Joey Lanuza.1479Joey Lanuza.1479 Member ✭✭
edited May 16, 2020 in WvW

If you're like me and semi-seriously do WvW on any semblance of regular basis, you probably also have a number of the Emblem of the Avenger sitting in your bank. Or you did, but you deleted them. The sheer number of player kills you do in a squad ensures you get a bunch of them, and they do nothing but sit there unless you plan on making untold numbers of Conflux.

The idea: the Skirmish vendor that sells the triumphant hero/mistforged hero armour/weapons also allows you to trade in your vast numbers of emblems for WvW currencies. As each emblem is 100 kills, it should trade for half that.

So,1 Emblem = 50 Memories of Battle, OR 50 Badges of Honor, OR either 50 of the Heroic tokens, OR 50 skirmishing tickets. Or maybe even a jug of karma, or reward track boost for whatever.

This ensures that even the most diehard players of WvW can trade the surplus for something useful to them. All I know is that I personally won't be evolving 10+ Slumbering Conflux to the ball-wielding full Conflux.

Sell Emblems of the Avenger for other WvW currency? 177 votes

Yes! I agree it should be a vendor trade item.
84%
vier.1327Aerinndis.2730Danikat.8537Vavume.8065Manasa Devi.7958Samug.6512HazyDaisy.4107jul.7602cgMatt.5162Ashen.2907Turamarth.3248Blockhead Magee.3092Nimrod.9240Susy.7529Dragana.1497Bellatrixa.3546TDC.1627Gryxis.6950Sansania.8569Robban.1256 150 votes
No! This is pointless, and I like hoarding emblems in my bank!
6%
Grimjack.8130Loosmaster.8263Undo.5091Milea.6043MidnightX.6294Dinas Dragonbane.2978Dajas.4715avey.4201kratan.4619lare.5129Mauzi.5892 11 votes
I agree, but I think these items should also be added to the vendor options for trade... (Comment your ideas)
9%
TheGrimm.5624Threather.9354Kylden Ar.3724Balthazzarr.1349TPMN.1483Deihnyx.6318gert.7698lodjur.1284nomak.8693Mrs Q.4081Divirel.4953Hogwarts Zebra.8597Excursion.9752Darkknight.2486LokiSaint.3457Tempest.8453 16 votes
<1

Comments

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't think they'll allow for skirmish ticket conversion. Badge of honor / tribute maybe or reward track progress, with testimonies of heroics or memories of battle much less likely.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure about the numbers proposed in the OP, for a start I don't think 50 skirmish tickets is equal to 50 badges of honour, badges are much, much easier to obtain so it should give more badges than tickets (and I'd probably suggest reducing the number of tickets rather than increasing the badges).

But I absolutely agree that it would be better to have something to do with these other than store them indefinitely or delete them. Even if it was just the option to sell it for 30 silver like the legendary spike. Destroying them is annoying, and it feels like a real waste to destroy what's supposed to be a good drop, but like the OP I'm unlikely to ever use them, certainly not all the ones I can get.

(Sometimes I wish newer legendary collecitons worked like the weapons where you can't get the drops until you choose to activate the collection. I've got all these odd bits of different legendary collections from raids, WvW and probably other places which I don't want to get rid of, just in case I decide to use them, but for now they're just taking up space. I suppose the point is to encourage us to make the legendaries, but it's kind of annoying.)

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• I agree that I may have been over-ambitious with the high values of the currencies. Hell, I would even take a coin value at this point. I just don't have a need for the extensive amounts of them I've got and will continue to get. Plus I would rather be able to trade the surplus than just delete them.

• Zaoda.1653Zaoda.1653 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2020

It would be neat if they had a vendor value of 1 gold each, could be used in future WvW 'collections', or be traded in for Potions of WvW experience.

• Yes! I agree it should be a vendor trade item.

I concur with whoever said that 50 of each of those things doesn't make sense, but it would be nice to have something to do with the items now that I've made the legendary, especially if there's a legendary armory coming.

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

Yes please! I wish they'd give us some other way to get skirmish Tickets but doubt it'd ever happen.

• @mindcircus.1506 said:
    I would rather some kind of rewards we can use them as currency for... some new weapon skins... something really high quality... charge me 100 Emblems each.
    Either that or let me vendor them for a gold each. Would go a long way to putting some profit in the game mode.

Love, love, LOVE the idea of trading in large amounts for unique skins.

• Deihnyx.6318Deihnyx.6318 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, but I think these items should also be added to the vendor options for trade... (Comment your ideas)

i agree, for memories of battle.
    This item is overpriced compared to its pvp equivalent

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

I agree, I dont have any plans to go after any legendary trinkets (not until you can turn off all their ugly effects) and I don't like very limited use items especially common ones that just end up getting stockpiled in massive numbers reasonably quickly.

Bottles of Airship Oil and the other HoT mats like it are another big offender to this too.. they just pile up rapidly and you can't sell them or trade them so im constantly deleting them and it's very annoying.
    Make em useful or allow us to sell or trade them for something else.

• I'll be happy to just get rid of them for copper.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

this is good kp for strikes. So there is no any big problem.
    If someone don't need - take right mouse on it, hold, and move from inventory.
    Solved.

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• MidnightX.6294MidnightX.6294 Member ✭✭✭

play wvw if u want wvw currencies. but if you get what you want, then i want the raid currencies exchangeable for the loads and loads of wvw currencies i have.

Nothing to see here - move along.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

At the very very VERY least, let us consume them for 100 Karma each or something. There is just zero reason to have to either stack these in storage, or destroy them. At least Legendary Spikes can be vendored for 30s each.

• Taylan.2187Taylan.2187 Member ✭✭✭

There should definitely be a way to use them up / sell them, even if just for a tiny benefit like 10 silver each.

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@lare.5129 said:

Lol.... WvW KPs for Strikes?

"We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@lare.5129 said:

If they release a strike mission that requires 49 players to stay on a single tag, yeah, would be a great source of KP :lol:

• Deihnyx.6318Deihnyx.6318 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MidnightX.6294 said:
    play wvw if u want wvw currencies. but if you get what you want, then i want the raid currencies exchangeable for the loads and loads of wvw currencies i have.

This comment doesn't make sense. Emblem is the Avenger is an item you get by doing WvW.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@lare.5129 said:

If they release a strike mission that requires 49 players to stay on a single tag, yeah, would be a great source of KP :lol:

I can just see the demands for a GoB to drop

"We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@lare.5129 said:

Well, as of Tuesday we have a WvW style map in PvE, complete with rams and ballistas, so never say never I guess lol

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@lare.5129 said:

Well, as of Tuesday we have a WvW style map in PvE, complete with rams and ballistas, so never say never I guess lol

I dunno.... I really enjoy the map and everything but it just doesnt really feel like WvW to me unless there's some blowhard on discord telling me to empower and a half dozen forum threads complaining about having to actually play it to get the rewards.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Since there seems to be some confusion, the OP is talking about this item: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Emblem_of_the_Avenger

The only way to get it is by killing 100 players in WvW, so it's not available in any other game mode. Currently it's only use is in upgrading the WvW legendary ring Slumbering Conflux to the version with effects. Which means anyone who plays WvW regularly is going to end up with far more of them than they need.

At the moment it can't be sold to merchants, converted into any other currency or used for anything except upgrading the legendary and deleting it requires you to type the name out, which makes extras annoying to get rid of. Adding the ability to convert it into a currency would solve that problem, and making it a WvW currency ensures you're not getting something you can't currently get from exactly the same activity which gives you the Emblem of the Avenger.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• trixantea.1230trixantea.1230 Member ✭✭✭

It would be better if even they give something like "consume to get 3 WvW tickets" or at least 3 badges of honor.

• I don't mind the various ideas and points here. But I don't think having WvW items being able to be converted into anything other than coins, karma, or WvW currencies (of indeterminate nature) is wise. You can't get raid tokens in Fractals, PvP, or WvW, and it's best that way. Keep endgame modes separate to allow them to be their own agencies.

But what do I know? I'm just the dork on the forums moaning about an emblem. XD

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Voltekka.2375 said:
    How about no. This will encourage bandwagon even more, overstacking of 1-2 servers to kill enemies 24/7, make huge profit, repeat. If you're on a European fight server, you can get 5+ of these in 2 hours after reset or on primetime.

People don't bandwagon for a few extra silver....

• Mauzi.5892Mauzi.5892 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2020

OR ... just make the achievement two-time only, so you get them for your rings and make the "new" repeatable achievement drop no rewards.
    This way you get your two emblems for your rings, your bank stays clean and ANet doesn't have to come up with some currency conversion, which inevitably will be a shot in the foot, because people always complain and/or find a way to exploit it.

Or take the easy way out and make them cost 1 silver, so we can vendor them.
    Those things are NOT there to make money off of them. And intentional mass killing, zerging, feeding... should not get rewarded.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2020

50 = Gift of Exploration.... 😜

But it also wouldn’t surprise me if they released an item later that took 250 of them. Maybe another legendary trinket..

Who knows...

Thank You for the {MEME}

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

Having them be a currency would be nice, having to dedicate 2 inventory slots on every char I do WvW on is pretty annoying.

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2020

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    50 = Gift of Exploration.... 😜

But it also wouldn’t surprise me if they released an item later that took 250 of them. Maybe another legendary trinket..

Who knows...

Oh please yes :3 so I can finally make legendary weapons

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MidnightX.6294 said:

You do know that emblem of the avenger is wvw currency right?
    You get it for killing 100 players in wvw....
    Which the op is asking to exchange it for other wvw currency...

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are trash. - Me

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

Also why do we need to type to destroy the damned things?

• Divirel.4953Divirel.4953 Member ✭✭

A vendor item, sure. But I also think they should be worth 10s to 30s worth~

10s being because Wvw items are wvw items and we know what is gonna happen to stuff that is suggested.

Holy Helmets of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

The awkward moment when I have no idea what these are.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Let me trade them for box of wvw supplies :D

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭✭

1 to 50 ratio for high $ mats would be very bad for the market, but they should at least have a merchant value.

• Taobella.6597Taobella.6597 Member ✭✭✭

i would rather you just sell it to vender for 1 silver

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2020

Well they're good for boasting how many kills you got.

Guess you should be able to trade 1 of them for same stuff as whats included in skirmish chests. Nothing like 50 memories of battle... That would crash the market.

Emblem of conqueror should be worth more tho. Kills are so easy to leech. You can easily get above 300 kills in 1 hour during good times. Same number for objectives is less than 15 (1 objective per 4 min, sentries don't count).

Riformed - On break from commanding
    Diamond Legend
    ~Waiting for them to fix WvW~

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Should be able to trade them in for Bags of Loot. :)

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Threather.9354 said:
    Nothing like 50 memories of battle... That would crash the market.

Yet they're analogous to a pvp currency that is very low value...

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭

Create A one time reward track that takes 10 of them each time to unlock.
    Reward track should have a fairly decent loot table. I was thinking something with twice the amount of mystic clovers and some good material drops. Something similar to the "Glory To The XXXX Achievements" in No Quarter.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• I can sort of see where some people who are worried about the market are coming from, but I stand my ground on the Memories of Battle. The PvP equivalent is cheap as chips, and drop at the sneeze of a skritt. There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to have an alternative way to get more MoB.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

honestly, if i could i would sell all those emblems even for 5silver.

• Tibicia.8315Tibicia.8315 Member ✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

It's a little gold item you end up with in your inventory when you kill 100 players in WvW. It can be used to make the new legendary rings. Many of us who play WvW a lot, now have more Emblems of the Avenger than we have ring fingers on all of our alts. Yes, we could take time to delete them (which is mildly obnoxious), but there is this fear that Anet will come up with something else that these might be used for. If items can be be sold to a vendor, then at least it 'feels' like we won't be hit later with another legendary item that might take a large quantity of these.

If say a legendary Avenger shield comes out that costs 2000 of these, and I've been able to get 5 copper from them, well then I can feel relieved that I at least got 20 silver out of the batch, and I can tell myself that I didn't want to spend a ton of gold on mats, anyway. However, if I cleared bank space the day before Anet announces such an item, it would be maddening. I have had Anet do that sort of thing to me, and probably so have others (I swear, Anet devs watch my account, and then giggle over how to mess with me..."See! She deleted them, yesterday! Let's announce that new legendary, today!" BUAHAHAHA)

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tibicia.8315 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

It's a little gold item you end up with in your inventory when you kill 100 players in WvW. It can be used to make the new legendary rings. Many of us who play WvW a lot, now have more Emblems of the Avenger than we have ring fingers on all of our alts. Yes, we could take time to delete them (which is mildly obnoxious), but there is this fear that Anet will come up with something else that these might be used for. If items can be be sold to a vendor, then at least it 'feels' like we won't be hit later with another legendary item that might take a large quantity of these.

If say a legendary Avenger shield comes out that costs 2000 of these, and I've been able to get 5 copper from them, well then I can feel relieved that I at least got 20 silver out of the batch, and I can tell myself that I didn't want to spend a ton of gold on mats, anyway. However, if I cleared bank space the day before Anet announces such an item, it would be maddening. I have had Anet do that sort of thing to me, and probably so have others (I swear, Anet devs watch my account, and then giggle over how to mess with me..."See! She deleted them, yesterday! Let's announce that new legendary, today!" BUAHAHAHA)

I actually found out I had some of these already but it sort of blended in with all the other random garbage this game dumps on me. You don't want to see the inventory of a person who stopped giving a kitten and only plays the game to kill players.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hehe exchange for map.completion pls :3

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• @Sovereign.1093 said:
    Hehe exchange for map.completion pls :3

I don't think that's wise. After all, that's a PvE item. This is for WvW.

• I recall one of the GW2 Dev Live-Streams, the Dev said they would be adding a vendor to convert emblems to skirmish tickets? It was towards the very end of the stream, a couple of months ago?