The newest meta is awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed it — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

The newest meta is awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed it

Zacchary.6183Zacchary.6183 Member ✭✭✭✭

First time getting through it. Its long but there is nothing I have to gripe about.......... except for one serious problem towards the end.
The final fight of the new meta has a waypoint less than 30 seconds from it. Its a blue circle. You click it when you die. Please click it when you die. You have no excuse to not waypoint in the final fight of the meta because the waypoint is right there. Please waypoint when you die. Thank you.

Otherwise, I love new content and find nothing wrong with it.

Comments

  • @Zacchary.6183 said:
    First time getting through it. Its long but there is nothing I have to gripe about.......... except for one serious problem towards the end.
    The final fight of the new meta has a waypoint less than 30 seconds from it. Its a blue circle. You click it when you die. Please click it when you die. You have no excuse to not waypoint in the final fight of the meta because the waypoint is right there. Please waypoint when you die. Thank you.

    Otherwise, I love new content and find nothing wrong with it.

    Do you have to complete the first meta for this to start? Also what happened with the champion run after the first meta?

  • Arcaniaxs.4519Arcaniaxs.4519 Member ✭✭✭

    The second meta starts after the champion s fight that is after the first meta

  • Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

    I haven't been able to try it yet. I don't know why but every drizzlewood map I've been on nobody or very few are actually trying to contribute to even the first meta.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Solanum.6983 said:
    I haven't been able to try it yet. I don't know why but every drizzlewood map I've been on nobody or very few are actually trying to contribute to even the first meta.

    To be honest you aren't missing much. It's just a straightforward zergfest with no interesting mechanics

    However, you should be given the chance to make up your own mind. But like most metas, do not expect to just get into a map and hope for a group. It is imperative to use the lfg to taxi into a map. I was doing it in the ealy hours of last night (EU) and there were tons of groups doing it. You will find just going to a map as normal is likely just full of people doing story or exploring for achievements

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Solanum.6983 said:
    I haven't been able to try it yet. I don't know why but every drizzlewood map I've been on nobody or very few are actually trying to contribute to even the first meta.

    All maps I joined so far had all red towns, nobody seems to be doing them. Perhaps too many?

  • Zacchary.6183Zacchary.6183 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @tinyasian.8941 said:

    @Zacchary.6183 said:
    First time getting through it. Its long but there is nothing I have to gripe about.......... except for one serious problem towards the end.
    The final fight of the new meta has a waypoint less than 30 seconds from it. Its a blue circle. You click it when you die. Please click it when you die. You have no excuse to not waypoint in the final fight of the meta because the waypoint is right there. Please waypoint when you die. Thank you.

    Otherwise, I love new content and find nothing wrong with it.

    Do you have to complete the first meta for this to start? Also what happened with the champion run after the first meta?

    Yes and the second meta happens after the champ run.

  • Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2020

    @Braynz.2906 said:

    @Witch of Doom.5739 said:
    Yesterday I was excited to play the new episode's meta. Before reading spoilers, I wandered around in the new map wondering where in the heck it was. Since I did not have 2+ hours to devote to doing the first meta ALL OVER AGAIN, I never got to it. Frankly I'm not feeling very inspired today either. We shouldn't have to re-play a previous episode's content to play the current one's.

    Having one long meta dependant on finishing another long meta is not the best of ideas - I don't think this will go down well

    Yep, I've stopped playing Drizzlewood weeks ago because I was bored with the meta. Weeks before that, I stopped participating in the 40 chest run at the end for the same reason. I'm not at all inclined to start playing it again. I'll probably spend a few minutes trying to get into a map where the meta is in an advanced state whenever I log on, and find something else to do if that doesn't work out.

  • Braynz.2906Braynz.2906 Member ✭✭

    @Orion Templar.4589 said:
    I think now that the northern assault is added, the dev team should see if there's a way to creatively shorten the southern portion so it's still engaging, but won't take nearly as much time.

    Or make the two metas independant - like Bjora Marches.
    Get everyone to muster at the Forward Camp in Legions' Alcove and assault from there.

  • Sarrs.4831Sarrs.4831 Member ✭✭✭

    All in all the entire map seems like it takes around two hours to complete. I am not sure how I feel about this, but I'm leaning towards 'good'; I really like engaging content that while not necessarily difficult, takes a good time to develop. Southern meta was competitive and I'm not sure if northern meta is competitive but at a glance it seems to be, especially as there's a non-RNG infusion to add value to time spent here.

    I can totally understand if someone doesn't like the map because it takes so long to get to the Claw of Jormag but honestly I don't think I would want it to be changed to address that. There are already so many maps with metas that offer that 'in and out, 15 minute adventure' feel; you can hop onto a HoT train, you can hop onto a PoF/LS4 meta train for a meta or two, or you can hop into Silverwastes, Dragonstand or Dragonfall for half an hour or an hour.

    What I'd really like to see would be something like Silverwastes Hero that says "you've been on this map for a fair while so we've scaled up your rewards" or "you've finished North meta, so now mobs in South meta will drop Dominion/Frost Legion commendations".

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2020

    I probably wouldn't mind if the end fight and battle through the Citadel made it worth it - in the same way I can push through DS because the fights vary up the mechanics and the final boss is a fantastically animated model. The Claw of Jormag here is a less interesting fight than the original and the fight through the Citadel has a promise which isn't quite realised (I do like the Phalanx though).

    There just seems to be a decline in meta quality over the years and boss fights in general. If you look at Tequatl, Gerent, Vineflower/Marionette, Triple Trouble - whatever the perceived difficulty, there was a gneuine attempt to put in unique or interesting mechanics that were appropriate to the fight. Then we get Kamadan, Death Branded Shatterer, Thunderhead, Drakkar and new Claw of Jormag which feel like definite downgrades in terms of design and are ultimately just zergfests polluted with extreme visual noise that Anet refuses steadfastly to never address or acknowledge.

    The first meta - whilst long, is actually a pretty cool idea. I don't think it's the strongest map-wide meta when you compare it to Dragon Stand, Silverwastes and even DragonFall, but it still works, it rewards well, tells a strong story and is quite good fun. The second meta picks up from it, then seems to do nothing new or exciting.

    I do wish the devs would look at their better designs from the past and try to inspire themselves to do better

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

    Having the same problem like others that nobody is doing anything to contribute to the meta and most lfg groups are full maps anyways and they even advertise it as full then. I don't see why you would advertise for a full map. Either remove it or don't host at all.
    Anyways, it's a shame that nobody wants to do the new map meta as it's quite very profitable (got about 100g from just one run).
    I really enjoyed the "old" one and the new extension because it kinda feels immersive to me considering the lore behind the whole thing. Maybe I might enjoy this a lot more because of how much gold you can get out of the whole thing. :tongue:

    I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

  • Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    The first Meta almost post me asleep and the second part didn't help me getting less sleepy.
    The 150 minutes exposure of pure, eye-hurting particle spam didn't help either.
    I couldn't even see half of the sources that damaged my HP.

    I'm not looking forward to repeating this 9 times.

    Oh God yes! The flashiness. It hurts my eyes even more and everything goes down to 20 fps from 120+ which makes this even more a mess. I hate that everyone has to be a walking disco ball and be showing off these days. The flashy effects of the skills are bad enough. I really wish there was an option to hide legendary backpacks, legendary weapons, infusions and legendary armor effects from other players because that kitten makes everything 100% worse.
    This game has sadly become a flashy glittery sfx abomination. :(

    I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

  • @Cynder.2509 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    The first Meta almost post me asleep and the second part didn't help me getting less sleepy.
    The 150 minutes exposure of pure, eye-hurting particle spam didn't help either.
    I couldn't even see half of the sources that damaged my HP.

    I'm not looking forward to repeating this 9 times.

    Oh God yes! The flashiness. It hurts my eyes even more and everything goes down to 20 fps from 120+ which makes this even more a mess. I hate that everyone has to be a walking disco ball and be showing off these days. The flashy effects of the skills are bad enough. I really wish there was an option to hide legendary backpacks, legendary weapons, infusions and legendary armor effects from other players because that kitten makes everything 100% worse.
    This game has sadly become a flashy glittery sfx abomination. :(

    Just reduce the number of character models.

    But it’s really way too long. Wonder if it’s worth it at all.

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cynder.2509 said:
    Having the same problem like others that nobody is doing anything to contribute to the meta and most lfg groups are full maps anyways and they even advertise it as full then. I don't see why you would advertise for a full map. Either remove it or don't host at all.
    Anyways, it's a shame that nobody wants to do the new map meta as it's quite very profitable (got about 100g from just one run).
    I really enjoyed the "old" one and the new extension because it kinda feels immersive to me considering the lore behind the whole thing. Maybe I might enjoy this a lot more because of how much gold you can get out of the whole thing. :tongue:

    I'd give it a couple of days before you say no one wants to do the meta. People are still doing story and completion and achievements, not necessarily the meta right away. I know i don't. It's only out one day so far.

    And you have full servers you can't get into so someone is doing the meta.

  • Matt H.6142Matt H.6142 Member ✭✭✭

    The northern part of the map is gorgeous, and I happily charge around it, and currently am glad the run around for chests after let's you wander it. That could lose its novelty after awhile.
    The zerg definitely trivializes mechanics, and the lag is bad, but hopefully that'll alleviate itself as people move away.
    Having said all that though, I had a genuine feeling of excitement charging as a group towards one of the Ice Giants. I think it was at that time someone's speech bubble said it felt like WOW's Lich King Raid.
    I failed to understand where the scrap for the cannons can be found in my one playthrough, and the conversion process really needs VO to set the story and the mood.
    I think the Claw fight could really have done with a Boss camera, like Shadow Behemoth. It's hard to have it in your field of vision as you rush to the different corners of the stage, or looking for boulders against its wind attack. Apparently I have to relearn you keep your eyes on the big dangerous creature breathing ice at you.
    We see some added use out of the Drakkar rig here. Will need to change up the stomping attacks if used again. It's been done.

  • Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Cynder.2509 said:
    Having the same problem like others that nobody is doing anything to contribute to the meta and most lfg groups are full maps anyways and they even advertise it as full then. I don't see why you would advertise for a full map. Either remove it or don't host at all.
    Anyways, it's a shame that nobody wants to do the new map meta as it's quite very profitable (got about 100g from just one run).
    I really enjoyed the "old" one and the new extension because it kinda feels immersive to me considering the lore behind the whole thing. Maybe I might enjoy this a lot more because of how much gold you can get out of the whole thing. :tongue:

    I'd give it a couple of days before you say no one wants to do the meta. People are still doing story and completion and achievements, not necessarily the meta right away. I know i don't. It's only out one day so far.

    And you have full servers you can't get into so someone is doing the meta.

    Ah, I thought people were already done with them, at least all the fellow "hardcore" players. I finished that stuff already so I have time for everything else now.
    Only got like 3 achievements left from the 38 total which are tied to the meta stuff anyways so that's why I was mainly focusing on the meta.
    Let's see how things work out in a few days even though I hate waiting to get all the achivements done and not be among the first to complete the whole thing like always.

    I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020

    @tinyasian.8941 said:
    But it’s really way too long. Wonder if it’s worth it at all.

    If they didn't hide too many Mastery Points behind it, I wouldn't bother with it at all.

    4 MP from the original commendation "achievements".
    1 MP from killing all the randomized Cache Keepers.
    2 MP from the new commendation "achievements"
    1 for killing the Claw 10 times.
    1 MP from the channelling point inside the Citadel.

    If I forgot one mastery point that's hopelessly intertwined with this Meta, please someone tell me.

  • Antycypator.9874Antycypator.9874 Member ✭✭✭

    If only they could get rid of that 15 minutes champ-train.

    Master of garbage builds and being useless.

  • Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @tinyasian.8941 said:
    But it’s really way too long. Wonder if it’s worth it at all.

    If they didn't hide too many Mastery behind it, I wouldn't bother with it at all.

    ^^^^ this. Bad design , period. I am am not going to get it, unless I am lucky enough to drop in when it is open.

  • Memoranda.9386Memoranda.9386 Member ✭✭✭

    Finally having completed it today, I did rather enjoy it.

    For me, it seemed to have the same "theme" as Dragonfall: the Commander and Co. are sneaking in the ruins (Commander and Co. are entering Kralk), and the Pact/Legion forces are assaulting the keep proper (Almorra leading the physical destruction of Kralk's body).

    Further, this is kind of the theme everyone - and I use that term lightly - seemed to want, which was more "meta maps" after PoF was decried for being boring, although after HoT "everyone" wanted core Tyria maps with more local events, etc.

    Just can't seem to please everyone. Not every map can be the best. There were some strong points and some weak points, and some pacing issues.

    And while I don't know if I'll always enjoy it, I can see myself popping in once a while to run the meta if I have the extra time to spare.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Memoranda.9386 said:
    Finally having completed it today, I did rather enjoy it.

    For me, it seemed to have the same "theme" as Dragonfall: the Commander and Co. are sneaking in the ruins (Commander and Co. are entering Kralk), and the Pact/Legion forces are assaulting the keep proper (Almorra leading the physical destruction of Kralk's body).

    Further, this is kind of the theme everyone - and I use that term lightly - seemed to want, which was more "meta maps" after PoF was decried for being boring, although after HoT "everyone" wanted core Tyria maps with more local events, etc.

    Just can't seem to please everyone. Not every map can be the best. There were some strong points and some weak points, and some pacing issues.

    And while I don't know if I'll always enjoy it, I can see myself popping in once a while to run the meta if I have the extra time to spare.

    It's also similar to how Mordremoth died.
    The Commander and her merry two Sylvari companions entered Mordremoth's mind to destroy it, while outside force (Pact remnants, Nightmare Court remnants, Lord Faren and his speedo-loving followers) assaulted Mordremoths' mouth.

  • Memoranda.9386Memoranda.9386 Member ✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Memoranda.9386 said:
    Finally having completed it today, I did rather enjoy it.

    For me, it seemed to have the same "theme" as Dragonfall: the Commander and Co. are sneaking in the ruins (Commander and Co. are entering Kralk), and the Pact/Legion forces are assaulting the keep proper (Almorra leading the physical destruction of Kralk's body).

    Further, this is kind of the theme everyone - and I use that term lightly - seemed to want, which was more "meta maps" after PoF was decried for being boring, although after HoT "everyone" wanted core Tyria maps with more local events, etc.

    Just can't seem to please everyone. Not every map can be the best. There were some strong points and some weak points, and some pacing issues.

    And while I don't know if I'll always enjoy it, I can see myself popping in once a while to run the meta if I have the extra time to spare.

    It's also similar to how Mordremoth died.
    The Commander and her merry two Sylvari companions entered Mordremoth's mind to destroy it, while outside force (Pact remnants, Nightmare Court remnants, Lord Faren and his speedo-loving followers) assaulted Mordremoths' mouth.

    I sense a recurring theme.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    The 150 minutes exposure of pure, eye-hurting particle spam didn't help either.

    :+1:

    I couldn't even see half of the sources that damaged my HP.

    Oh yeah, the visual noise is adding to the headache I get each time I play this meta. :angry:

    I'm not looking forward to repeating this 9 times.

    If it only were just 9 times... You have to grind this like crazy for many of the achievements (if not most). It is an awful design.

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭

    Great meta. Very fun. Otter 148/160 no salvage. Profitable always action. Got lucky today joined 2 maps at cache keepers 1st side. I'm sure as less do it it will be easier to join maps at 2nd part instead of the whole 2 hours but either way I enjoy it

    WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

  • zombyturtle.5980zombyturtle.5980 Member ✭✭✭

    @Cynder.2509 said:
    Having the same problem like others that nobody is doing anything to contribute to the meta and most lfg groups are full maps anyways and they even advertise it as full then. I don't see why you would advertise for a full map. Either remove it or don't host at all.
    Anyways, it's a shame that nobody wants to do the new map meta as it's quite very profitable (got about 100g from just one run).
    I really enjoyed the "old" one and the new extension because it kinda feels immersive to me considering the lore behind the whole thing. Maybe I might enjoy this a lot more because of how much gold you can get out of the whole thing. :tongue:

    Loads of people are doing new meta all the time however Its very hard to jump into north maps atm as they are almost always full with people who have completed south, which is also why there are no LFG.
    New south meta maps fill up in less than 5 mins so if you want to join an active map you have to be quick with LFG. Alternatively, if you land in a dead map you can tag up and will find an almost full squad in minutes to do both metas.

  • Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Worst experience of my entire time playing GW1 and 2. Unplayable with the lag. Never seen lag like this before ,let alone the time spent slogging through the meta to get a gated mastery. Can't see a kitten thing, even chests. NO, it's a mess although pretty.

  • voltaicbore.8012voltaicbore.8012 Member ✭✭✭

    I think the combined meta is their response to what happened in BJora, where the first half's meta was totally abandoned for a while when the Drakkar meta came in. Having the northern meta attached to the southern meta assures that the entire chain will be done even if people really only want the northern meta now.

    I just wish they'd revisit the solo- or low-number-ability of the first meta chain, just to get things going.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:
    If it only were just 9 times... You have to grind this like crazy for many of the achievements (if not most). It is an awful design.

    I'm just repeating it for the Mastery Point.
    Once I get that one and still need more points, I'll restrict myself to the southern Meta.

    I couldn't care less about other Achievements that have nothing I want.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yep, this whole meta is way too long. At least they fixed the issue with the southern meta where many chests would not give any rewards after slaying a keeper.

    The southern meta is so much better designed than the northern one that its staggering.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2020

    After doing it 2-5 times a day, I am done with it for now. I have my Otter's Blessing enrichment, I'm happy.

    I hope by the time I return to finish the Special Missions I have left, they will have found way to separate the two meta events. The current design is just plain awful - you don't have anything left to do during the first half, yet you are forced to play it (no wonder some people go AFK until the start of the northern half).

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:
    After doing it 2-5 times a day, I am done with it for now. I have my Otter's Blessing enrichment, I'm happy.

    You must have crazy sleepiness tolerance.
    I couldn't even bear doing it more than once a day, or else I'd fall asleep during the second south meta.

  • Perihen the Thawk.9527Perihen the Thawk.9527 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020

    It's long, but it's just one map so I think it's totally fine to have one super long meta like this. Personally I love it, very epic feeling. I'm not the kind of person that farms any meta for extended periods, so I doubt I'll get too tired of it.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020

    @Perihen the Thawk.9527 said:
    It's long, but it's just one map so I think it's totally fine to have one super long meta like this. Personally I love it, very epic feeling. I'm not the kind of person that farms any meta for extended periods, so I doubt I'll get too tired of it.

    With Dry Top, The Silverwastes, Dragon's Stand, Dragonfall and Drizzlewood Coast, we already have five map-wide metas stretching over hours.

  • Sajuuk Khar.1509Sajuuk Khar.1509 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    With Dry Top, The Silverwastes, Dragon's Stand, Dragonfall and Drizzlewood Coast, we already have five map-wide metas stretching over hours.

    And we have like 30+ that don't so.... who still has the overwhelming majority of content here?

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    With Dry Top, The Silverwastes, Dragon's Stand, Dragonfall and Drizzlewood Coast, we already have five map-wide metas stretching over hours.

    And we have like 30+ that don't so.... who still has the overwhelming majority of content here?

    I only corrected Perihen, who claimed it's just one map with an hours long meta.

  • Tuna Bandit.3786Tuna Bandit.3786 Member ✭✭✭

    Incorrect.
    I have EVERY excuse to not click it.
    Down there with Jormag, I cannot survive. Shoot from up there, were I CAN hit: NO credit
    I am done being killed just because Anet hates glass canons.
    So yeah if I die. I wait till the end, take an orb and be done with that OP stuff.
    5 more times for mastery, then NEVER EVER AGAIN unless that Meta is SEVERELY nerved.

    Seriously, the AoE during the last fight is so huge, that I cannot escape and that single hit takes my health, often skips downstate and kills me.
    Just the freezing alone is enough to down me from 100% health
    So I should come back why?
    Just to get killed again?
    To pleasure ArenaNet's morbid design?

    Plus: The map is horrible
    The meta is TOO long
    The meta is designed for selfish play. Specially the 2nd half. You have to GRIND so much, that once you grinded to unlock the achievements, you grind even more to complete them and DONT STOP to pick up downed allies because it will make your grind SO MUCH LONGER.
    Look around when you do the meta and wonder why there is so little picking up downed allies compared to other maps... YOU KNOW WHY NOW
    THAT is why this map plus meta is a horrible design.
    Not the fights, not the mechanics. The SHEER grind and the OP AoE fields at the end fight.

    It really struck me when I did the meta a few times
    Compared it to other maps.
    Even redid the metas on maps I have not visited in a long time. I got downed? Almoth always someone helps me up.
    In Drizzlewood, specially north? Nope!

    That ALONE is a indicator that the map/meta is a TOTAL AND UTTER FAILURE

  • Jokubas.4265Jokubas.4265 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020

    Now that I've gotten to experience the new map and its meta (done the whole thing 2 or 3 times now working on commendations) I can finally post about this.

    The new meta is pretty fun overall, but it still feels really weird being locked behind the first half of the map. I'd like to say it should be completely standalone, have the bridge just be a zone line to a Northern Drizzlewood, since a lot of the new stuff only counts in the new half of the zone anyway, but the new half of the meta doesn't quite feel complete enough for that.

    The problem is how it interacts with the progression. It really hurts since so much of the new stuff, like the Dominion Special Missions, require you to be doing things that only happen during the meta. That's technically true for a lot of things on the original map, but the more open nature of the first half of the map makes that less of a problem. The new meta is much more linear, so those events either happen or they don't, and once that window has passed that's it for another two hours. Also, the fact that the cache bosses still happen after the original meta is really jarring. In theory it's a break, but the hectic nature of trying to keep up with everyone during those bosses (the camp teleports help a lot, but the bosses die really fast before the zerg arrives and makes them scale) makes it one of the most stressful parts of the whole meta (especially when you still need them for the achievement), and it's just a long enough time to suck if you just sit and wait.

    It feels good to be rushing the citadel with everyone. The one question I have is how the Claw of Jormag part is supposed to work. It seems like you're intended to be hiding behind the cover until you break the Claw and move in while the dragon is down, but everyone just seems to stack near the literal claw and I can't really blame them. I seem to get hit with a million things while hiding anyway, half of which push me out of the cover. Also, while that far back I can't exactly hit with a lot of CC. So it seems you might as well just stand in the thick of it and just heal through everything, because at least then you're not sacrificing damage or CC.

  • ShadowCatz.8437ShadowCatz.8437 Member ✭✭✭

    @Orion Templar.4589 said:
    I thought the new northern assault portion of the meta was fun. It's definitely a non-stop action rush to assault the citadel and claw with no stopping to catch your breath anywhere along the way. I did feel a bit trolled by some of the cache keeper rooms between the meta phases having fewer caches, and some having none at all. But considering the number of caches that appear after the northern assault is done, that likely makes sense.

    My only complaint is about how long the combined meta is. Dedicating that much of a block of time to run a meta from beginning to end is a challenge. It makes me try to find a map that is farther along and if I cannot find a map that is farther along, I'll give up and go do something else. I think now that the northern assault is added, the dev team should see if there's a way to creatively shorten the southern portion so it's still engaging, but won't take nearly as much time.

    Did South and North meta and didn't see Cache Bosses had all 4 chest in each room. There is not chests that where missing as far as I can tell in South.

  • ShadowCatz.8437ShadowCatz.8437 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020

    @Jokubas.4265 said:
    Now that I've gotten to experience the new map and its meta (done the whole thing 2 or 3 times now working on commendations) I can finally post about this.

    The new meta is pretty fun overall, but it still feels really weird being locked behind the first half of the map. I'd like to say it should be completely standalone, have the bridge just be a zone line to a Northern Drizzlewood, since a lot of the new stuff only counts in the new half of the zone anyway, but the new half of the meta doesn't quite feel complete enough for that.

    The problem is how it interacts with the progression. It really hurts since so much of the new stuff, like the Dominion Special Missions, require you to be doing things that only happen during the meta. That's technically true for a lot of things on the original map, but the more open nature of the first half of the map makes that less of a problem. The new meta is much more linear, so those events either happen or they don't, and once that window has passed that's it for another two hours. Also, the fact that the cache bosses still happen after the original meta is really jarring. In theory it's a break, but the hectic nature of trying to keep up with everyone during those bosses (the camp teleports help a lot, but the bosses die really fast before the zerg arrives and makes them scale) makes it one of the most stressful parts of the whole meta (especially when you still need them for the achievement), and it's just a long enough time to suck if you just sit and wait.

    It feels good to be rushing the citadel with everyone. The one question I have is how the Claw of Jormag part is supposed to work. It seems like you're intended to be hiding behind the cover until you break the Claw and move in while the dragon is down, but everyone just seems to stack near the literal claw and I can't really blame them. I seem to get hit with a million things while hiding anyway, half of which push me out of the cover. Also, while that far back I can't exactly hit with a lot of CC. So it seems you might as well just stand in the thick of it and just heal through everything, because at least then you're not sacrificing damage or CC.

    Stacking is probably better as you can rez ppl when you have time, boon get shared and you have some condition removal form profession that can condi cleanse group of players. Important here is to be in a group/party/squad as you have higher priority from boons.

    Don't stand behind its claw is there is heavy chill behind claw. Here position is important and to in time have a condition cleanse ready when CoJ use fear. Combine it with a teleport back to fast be in range do more damage. Dodge when there is a wave incoming. It is hard to time everything to not waste CD, but it is possible. And use blue portals when dead to fast get back instead of waiting to get rezzed, if you see that most players are occupied or can not rezz w/o getting killed themselves.

    IMPORTANT: When the meta is over and it is time for hunting down chests. Do it in small groups as there are still enemies around that can be really hard to kill as single player and you have less issues with being tagged from snipers. (Faster to rezz people when they get downed with a couple of people in group. There is no need for dedicated healer, just two or more that rez when it is possible and some other take care of enemies so that rezzer wont be interrupted.)

  • Perihen the Thawk.9527Perihen the Thawk.9527 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Perihen the Thawk.9527 said:
    It's long, but it's just one map so I think it's totally fine to have one super long meta like this. Personally I love it, very epic feeling. I'm not the kind of person that farms any meta for extended periods, so I doubt I'll get too tired of it.

    With Dry Top, The Silverwastes, Dragon's Stand, Dragonfall and Drizzlewood Coast, we already have five map-wide metas stretching over hours.

    I don't feel like any of those take 2+ hours like Drizzlewood Coast. Dry Top for sure only takes one, it's on a timer. And I just did Dragonfall the other day in about an hour, I think. Been awhile since I did The Silverwastes or Dragon's Stand, though, but I feel like they are both under two hours easy.

    I didn't mean there are no other long map metas, but Drizzlewood is, I think, uniquely long. My point was just that I doubt that's about to become the new normal anytime soon, so I don't mind one particularly long meta.

  • @ShadowCatz.8437 said:

    Did South and North meta and didn't see Cache Bosses had all 4 chest in each room. There is not chests that where missing as far as I can tell in South.

    That was changed back in a patch shortly after release. For a brief period there were like 0-2 chests in each cache.