WE NEED: Raid Reward Tracks - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

WE NEED: Raid Reward Tracks

2>

Comments

• Raids and Fractals already got way too much loot compared to everyone else. They also get the really nice shiny stuff and Raids&Fractals caused some really bad balancing decisions that hurt the competive modes.

So no, they don't need reward tracks. Quite the opposite.

• sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    Raids and Fractals already got way too much loot compared to everyone else. They also get the really nice shiny stuff and Raids&Fractals caused some really bad balancing decisions that hurt the competive modes.

Raids give you what, 110 gold/week in terms of raw gold+selling loot and magnetic shards that you dont need for anything if you are geared already. Once you have cleared your weekly raids, they dont drop anything anymore.

I agree with fractal rewards, as they are daily capped instead of weekly. But still open world gives way more gold.

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• Sinifair.1026Sinifair.1026 Member ✭✭
    edited November 11, 2020

Proper reward structures and actually supporting the content are the two main pillars of good and healthy endgame content. Strikes and Raids could do with both. Fractals perhaps as well, as I remember it as confusing at first, trying to understand what all the different currencies should be used for.
    (EDIT: When I say Fractals, I don't mean to say that they are not rewarding, just that getting into the content and understanding the rewards felt confusing at first)

When ANet releases new Raid Wings/Fractals/Strikes content, it is very good. Mechanically, I really like these fights, and I'd like to see ANet improve on the content.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    Raids and Fractals already got way too much loot compared to everyone else. They also get the really nice shiny stuff and Raids&Fractals caused some really bad balancing decisions that hurt the competive modes.

Please provide proof for your claim.

Open world metas remain the most lucrative content in this game by far:
    https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/farmtrain

Multiple farms are at 30g or above per hour, even more if the gained spirit shards are factored in.

https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/world-bosses
    Meta boss farm trains are even above that value.

Raids are slightly below farm trains IF run by very experienced groups:
    https://fast.farming-community.eu/instances/raids
    None of those values include practice or slower groups.

Fractals are indeed the most lucrative instanced content and are dependent on Fractal God rank a player has as well as which fractals are daily. They are still beat by open world content, except that they require less organization than raids and are more focused reward wise, meaning less optimization is required in going somewhere. They still require vastly more organization than open world metas and are daily locked.

I am not arguing in favor of increasing raid rewards, I've explained why I do not believe it would help earlier in this thread. I disagree with this false narrative which uninformed posters keep trying to spread. Show proof or stop making false claims.

• kanemi.4903kanemi.4903 Member ✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020

@Fuchslein.8639 said:
    I think we need Reward Tracks in PVE-OpenWorld.
    Edit: And I don't mean as a joke. I am fully with the TE. Reward tracks in Wvw and especially PVP are simply OP. And yes, I would like some of that cake. While WVW and PVP can get almost everything about tracks available in PVE. The other way, it looks different and that is unfair x).

Totally agree with you!
    But not only raid, but fractal as well ;)

NA Server
    Fix Sunqua

• Pip.2094Pip.2094 Member ✭✭

That would be neat.