1st Dec. balance patch top or flop

I absolutely support this whole patch. Thief got a honestly overdue shave, engi got some shaves to grenades without overdoing it (unlike what usually happens); they are still very strong and could use some further reduction, but they didn't get destroyed. Some more revenant shaves would have been cool but honestly they are far from a priority.

@Fueki.4753 said:As long as the balance team doesn't work together with the team that actually handles profession design, there won't be a right direction.

This is about as accurate as u can get. U can't even come close to any semblance of balance nor a healthy state of any competitive play by changing coefficients only, especially a large 8 year old mmo like gw2. It is unfortunate but that alone says all that needs to be said about the future of this games pvp modes

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:I absolutely support this whole patch. Thief got a honestly overdue shave, engi got some shaves to grenades without overdoing it (unlike what usually happens); they are still very strong and could use some further reduction, but they didn't get destroyed. Some more revenant shaves would have been cool but honestly they are far from a priority.

Oh they completely overdid grenade nerfs. Grenade kit is now trash, Holo will be fine without it, but core Engineer is not unplayable since Grenades suck. This patch is garbage.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:I absolutely support this whole patch. Thief got a honestly overdue shave, engi got some shaves to grenades without overdoing it (unlike what usually happens); they are still very strong and could use some further reduction, but they didn't get destroyed. Some more revenant shaves would have been cool but honestly they are far from a priority.

Oh they
completely
overdid grenade nerfs. Grenade kit is now trash, Holo will be fine without it, but core Engineer is not unplayable since Grenades suck. This patch is garbage.

... I mean, core engi was unplayable already well before this balance patch. It's been weeks since I've last seen one. The problems with core engi are much deeper than anything grenade kit could ever possibly do.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Oh they
completely
overdid grenade nerfs. Grenade kit is now trash, Holo will be fine without it, but core Engineer is not unplayable since Grenades suck. This patch is garbage.

... I mean, core engi was unplayable already well before this balance patch. It's been weeks since I've last seen one. The problems with core engi are much deeper than anything grenade kit could ever possibly do.

It wasnt doing great, but also because they nerfed all of Engineers stuff instead of Holo. But it was playable. The problems are in fact largely due to getting nerfed because of Holo, and Grenade Kit is the most egregious example.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Oh they
completely

And that problem is holosmith's design. :lol:

@Khalisto.5780 said:Forums dude

I feel like unless they land a flawless patch and you ask here what ppl think about it the answer is always be negative

I mean after they released an utterly disastrous february patch and, instead of reverting it like good developers would, tripled down on it, yeah, I think theyd have to land a flawless patch, because otherwise its just a reminder that were still playing a much worse game than at the start of the year.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

I feel like unless they land a flawless patch and you ask here what ppl think about it the answer is always be negative

I mean after they released an utterly
disastrous
february patch and, instead of reverting it like good developers would, tripled down on it, yeah, I think theyd have to land a flawless patch, because otherwise its just a reminder that were still playing a much worse game than at the start of the year.

Or they could you know... Have a public test realm for their patches and get data and feedback from players before a patch lands so they'll have an idea of how it'll affect their game and make tweaks accordingly?

No. Too much work.

Easy flop. Boring nerfs and removing options isn't fun. It only takes away from the game rather than adding anything.

It will probably be that way so long as the skills team can't interact with the balance person like people were saying. Creative nerfs and tradeoffs aren't going to come from nerfing coefficients and increasing cooldowns. It's the most boring and uninspired way to nerf something that just takes away from gameplay.Then there's just deleting amulets/sigils, adding 300s CDs to traits. Booooring.

If the price for balance is fun, nty.

Pros: they at least nerfed the right builds

Cons: Balanced/Healthy builds suffered in the process.

Core Engi did not need or deserve any more nerfs. Core Rev was fine but got hit because of Renegade.

Overall, 3/10. Build diversity and fun take a backseat to balance. I'll pass.

Nope.But they made a kitten up on February of this year and kept kittening up straight forward till end of this year....

And following Dec 1 balance patch - there are much higher priority things to take care of than e..g nerf Thief's SB.

We still have that idiotic Burn Guardian which bombs with burn entire cap points for 10 seconds and you can't cleanse it, because new stacks pop right away after.We still have that idiotic trapping DH which ping-pongs people in AoE ccs, along with elite and bow's barriers no longer are visible on the ground...We still have a cancerous high regen and cleanse Rangers - who have top 3 sustain...We still have cancerous Core necro with idiotic sustain, condition cleanse and condition spam....And so on....

They have nerfed Scourge because (according to them and crybabies) it was way too OP in condition application and sustain....meanwhile they buffed Core Necro way up to the moon....

Clown world literally....

Pre-Feb nerf patch, at least if you knew what to do, then you could out someone quickly....Now what we have is a rally-botting circus...

Again, another year wasted, because spit on diversity of the builds and fun....focus on telling players what and how to play...

It is definitely a good patch. The builds are still playable just less over the top in some domains thus allowing some already good options to have more value.Healbreaker still looks playable, holo will be fine, revenants will always have a good build (cannot tell how much renegade got affected but I understand what they were going for)It is especially interesting for thief because you would always find players saying that thief is “only viable” / “only playable” because of sb since… quite some time. Some used it as an argument against any nerf the profession could take. Time to find out... (but I would have expected something different)

There were a few decent things in there. But even if we get to a good spot, the new expansion will introduce new cancer. So at this point It's almost more realistic to ask Anet to just release a ''Gw2 Classic'' PVP server edition. Where the 2 employees they have left can do more than just tweek a coefficient or cooldown.

This won't happen even though it wouldn't need much maintenance in theory. Just leave us base game, old mists , old lions arch, and pvp enable the whole map outside of safezones lol.I'm sure they can find a way to make money somewhere in there.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:lol ppl complaining about only dmg and cd nerfs are probably the same who liked the lower dmg meta after the megapatch, and the slower game play overall.

no

Opposite. I think my blood pressure and cortisol levels skyrocketed from day 1 after Feb 25th. I couldn't and still can't get through a single match without first chugging a Monster energy drink and blaring House music just to keep some sliver of attention.

Disagree with you on the further nerfs