Not even safe in Pve

Flauvious.6195

@Ojimaru.8970 said:If you're dealing the same damage as a Magi Healer, it's got nothing to do with the Revenant profession. You really ought to revise your build and/or rotation.

I didn't deal anything, I just joined the group mid way through their run and they kicked me as soon as they saw rev icon...

@Flauvious.6195 said:I didn't deal anything, I just joined the group mid way through their run and they kicked me as soon as they saw rev icon...

There was probably a reason why the other person left the group. I wouldn't want to play with idiots like that anyways.

I never knew people could be so elitist in just regular fractals lol. It was just 99 daily. Not cm, not 40 farm. Waiting for your perfect meta comp is going to take longer then just running with a sub par group geez.

Btw I don't do raids but are any kind of revenant accepted in high level content? Or is it just as bad as pvp?

@Celldrax.2849 said:

@Quarktastic.1027 said:

@Celldrax.2849 said:lol, caring about dps in open world content.

I didn't realize fractals were open world content.Eh, that was just my first assumption since it wasn't specified as such.

In the case of fractals though, a rev getting kicked isn't exactly unheard of.

It is really unheard of. I've never been kicked once for playing a rev, either as a herald, a renegade, core condi rev, or as a healer. The Revenant is not an ineffective class in PVE. If the group you are in kicks you for playing a rev, then they're a terrible group.

@Flauvious.6195 said:I never knew people could be so elitist in just regular fractals lol. It was just 99 daily. Not cm, not 40 farm. Waiting for your perfect meta comp is going to take longer then just running with a sub par group geez.

Btw I don't do raids but are any kind of revenant accepted in high level content? Or is it just as bad as pvp?

I'm having fun on my condi renegade in raids while being one of the top dps, so yea, its all good...for now. ;)

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Celldrax.2849 said:

@Quarktastic.1027 said:

@Celldrax.2849 said:lol, caring about dps in open world content.

I didn't realize fractals were open world content.Eh, that was just my first assumption since it wasn't specified as such.

In the case of fractals though, a rev getting kicked isn't exactly unheard of.

It is really unheard of. I've never been kicked once for playing a rev, either as a herald, a renegade, core condi rev, or as a healer. The Revenant is not an ineffective class in PVE. If the group you are in kicks you for playing a rev, then they're a terrible group.

This. After gearing up my Renegade with Viper's and learning the rotations I've found myself being first or second in group deeps on most occasions, if I stay alive. Admittedly, that's quite a bit more difficult now. I've never been kicked from a fractal group for being a Rev, and I've never been in a group that has kicked someone for low damage. I'm sure it can happen, I suppose I am not pro level enough yet to encounter it.

@Flauvious.6195 said:I never knew people could be so elitist in just regular fractals lol. It was just 99 daily. Not cm, not 40 farm. Waiting for your perfect meta comp is going to take longer then just running with a sub par group geez.

Well, anyone being elitist/toxic about class comps in 99reg is probably already having a rough time and looking to push blame away from their own failures since they're used to being carried...

And yes, since last patch 2x Rev is part of the new meta for a lot of bosses... Some groups are adopting a Rev healer instead of a Druid, but guilds like qT are using 2 renegade dps since they swapped to a 1 CPS/5 dps composition. The 15% crit dmg buff of Assassin's Presence makes them such a great choice because they can bring this huge group buff while still remaining a top DPS class in their own rite.

Once the general meta catches up to the 2 chrono/2 druid/1 cps/ 5 dps comp, you'll see a lot of dps options opening up, especially for renegades.

@Flauvious.6195 said:What about for not renegades? I finally got full ascended berserker gear and I don't really like the renegade playstyle. Now I have to go grind viper's and use a bow? Is power herald acceptable because that is my favorite of any class

Power herald is generally not acceptable for raids or try-hard fractal groups. Fortunately most pug fractal groups aren't terribly try-hard but do look out for the ones that are. If you want to try raiding with power herald, pretty much your only choice is to stick to training groups permanently.

@Flauvious.6195 said:What about for not renegades? I finally got full ascended berserker gear and I don't really like the renegade playstyle. Now I have to go grind viper's and use a bow? Is power herald acceptable because that is my favorite of any class

Power Herald's pretty strong in Fractal play, but yeah, the raid community will be tossing you stink eye pretty hard for it there... Almost as hard as if you showed up with a bow.

Power Herald is about 8k-10k dps behind condi Renegade which would put it around 23k -24k dps with realistic buffs. For something that is mostly just bringing dps to the group this is really sub par and definitely not recommended for serious Raiding.

Power Herald is good in Fractals up until most t4's. I wouldn't recommend it for 100cm.Pretty much any PvE content where things die in less than 15 seconds Power Herald is great at.

I've got 2k plus hours on just Rev alone, I have never been kicked from a group for just being a Rev. In fact most of the time, I'm the one who even makes the group in the first place.Hell, I've gotten so good on Rev I usually prefer to run dungeons and fratcals solo or with 3 people max just for the extra challenge. Stuff like that screenshot is just sheep following sheep.

@Vulf.3098 said:Power Herald is about 8k-10k dps behind condi Renegade which would put it around 23k -24k dps with realistic buffs. For something that is mostly just bringing dps to the group this is really sub par and definitely not recommended for serious Raiding.

Power Herald is good in Fractals up until most t4's. I wouldn't recommend it for 100cm.Pretty much any PvE content where things die in less than 15 seconds Power Herald is great at.

When you say realistic buffs, do you mean with a chrono providing perma quickness? Because I feel like one thing setting power rev back is that it's only strengths is a high personal quickness uptime, which is made entirely irrelevant if someone else is already providing the whole group with quickness.

Most of the pugs running in regular fractal play don't have that though, so how does rev compare in a group without meta buffs

@Vulf.3098 said:Power Herald is about 8k-10k dps behind condi Renegade which would put it around 23k -24k dps with realistic buffs. For something that is mostly just bringing dps to the group this is really sub par and definitely not recommended for serious Raiding.

It would however probably be acceptable on Keep Construct...

Archived