Who is your favourite villain/evil organization? (1/2)

hugo.4705

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say Joko as a single villain but I think I prefer the inquest overall thanks to the futuristic vibe they bring to the table. You can't really get rid of them either since they're more like an "idea" than an actual organisation with a single head behind it. As villains they're just so easy to incorporate into any story involving the big mysteries of the world(s) and I'm sure there are some interesting personalities hiding within the midst of their ranks considering that their premise is pretty much a magnet for those seeking greater power or knowledge which is not exactly a rarity if you look at the asura as a whole. I really hope that we one day get an expansion in trans-dimentional space (like where the mistlock sanctuary is located) with the inquest as main antagonists. I just love the low gravity in this place and we all know that there's a lot of weird s**t out there so this could be amazing if the writing is on point.

Kinda surprised White Mantle isn't on this list, but I'm assuming Minister Caudecus means WM.

Other than that, I can't really pick one. I wasn't around for the whole Scarlet Briar debacle, so I'm not at all privy to what her deal was or who the aetherblades are save for the annoying af jumping puzzle in Gendarran Fields. And I'm practically sleepwalking through like 98% of the LS these days, so Joko didn't grab my attention.

I had to choose the Aetherblades. There have been some great villains, and the Inquest are particularly awful (especially if you put them in the context of real-life scientists who commit atrocities in the name of scientific discovery). But the Aetherblades have a lot of nostalgia for me, especially since they were present in the old Lion's Arch, which I dearly miss. I understand, lore-wise and plot-wise, why we have a new Lion's Arch. But the old one was so epic. My husband and I had even picked a small little wrecked ship that was our home for our mains at the time. =)

Sons of Svanir and the Flame Legion don't even make it to the list :( Not Implying that they are good or interesting villains, but hey, they count as much as the other racial vilains I guess and deserve a spot on that list, maybe add Watchwork, Toxic and Forged Alliance as well when the Aetherblade are represented ;)

Otherwise I can't say much. Balthi and the Dragons were kinda bland.Joko was fun and all and at his best in the last instance right before he left the stage. He was an interesting adversary, for sure.Caudecus and the White Matle...and the other White Mantle could have stuck around longer for my taste.I have fond memories of most of the LS1 stuff, Scarlet had so many interesting armies and schemes. We know hardly anything about the Aetherblades, they're mostly style over substance when it comes to their story. Designwise I'd say the Watchworks were most impressive and had ties to the story.I'd say Bandits for the humor and the fact that they're probably cought up between tons of things beyond their understanding. Inquest are evil and you love to hate them, so they make good villains in that regard. In the Nightmare Court everyplant is a suffering artist and they get extra points for being super edgy all the time.

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@"Curunen.8729" said:Inquest - full on renegade, 'ends justifies the means'. Their motive for being seen as "evil" is understandable, and makes sense within the asura society.

Also Teyo is awesome. ;)

Alchemy, I LOVE Teyo! <3

Teyo for Dragon's Watch! Can just imagine the conversations between Teyo and Taimi, would be hilarious. :D

I mean, avoiding spoilers, stranger things have happened in the story, bringing back characters and "good" Inquest, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Was so sad with what happened to Teyo in the personal story. :(

Due to poll options limit, I don't have space for white mantle, sons of svanir or separatists not even the fusion/toxic alliance, ... forged.... flame legion....so pick others ^^ thx by advance sorry for haven't listed the missing foes. I don't want to create a second poll to put the remaining choices to avoid spamming the forum.

Archived