Doing Fractals with a LFG group has become toxic

Am I the only one who tries to PUG a fractals with randoms and gets kicked from time to time because of guild groups / friends?? I usually run it with my friends / guild members later in the day, but if I have some free time I try to knock them out earlier. Anyways today I joined a LFG group and began running my T4s, we beat the first one no problem ( I'm second in dps overall ) the second one is the Underground facility. The entire group wiped twice ( due to poor placement / whatever ) and I was the last one standing each time ( remember I'm playing dps ) I was then instructed to go "right" because the druid was on a button and couldn't heal. This was never mentioned before and I said no problem... 3 seconds later 3 of them voted to kick me ( they were all friends / guild mates ). Something needs to be done about this abuse of the LFG system, I never had this problem months ago when I ran T4s or CMs.... it's really becoming toxic and I hope ANET comes up with a way to stop this from happening to players who join guild / friend LFG groups.

@Voltekka.2375 said:So... An average or downright bad group kicked you, and this somehow is bad? Mate, youre lucky! They saved you time! But I dont really see how this is toxic or a problem, really. Make own lfg or join another, plenty of people doing T4...

you're right, just sucks that I wasted my time.

@Linken.6345 said:How should they stop this from happening noone can kick from fractals meaning that 3-4 players leave you alone in a barely started fractal.I dont see how that is any better mate.

No idea, it's just annoying to waste other player's time or use them so that they can invite their friends later on in the run

@Linken.6345 said:How should they stop this from happening noone can kick from fractals meaning that 3-4 players leave you alone in a barely started fractal.I dont see how that is any better mate.

perhaps they can require a 4 person vote when you're in a LFG group of 3 guild members or friends ( not sure how they could do this )

@nsleep.7839 said:This literally happened once with one specific group and you came to the forums doomsaying that fractals LFG is all toxic now. Thanks for letting us know. By the way, people who get kicked from groups almost always are at fault of something.

incorrect, it's happened 4 times in the past week. I did nothing wrong other then the entire group being at fault for not communicating properly.... I do fractals quite frequently but it seems that everyone is expected to run a meta build / dps meter / or just read other peoples minds. This kills the fun factor of fractals overall ( especially when using LFG ) If you want to be a try hard stick to your guild / friends groups. It's not an issue of getting the content done it's the attitudes and expectations of some players in LFG that's an issue.

DISCLAIMER : If i make an LFG writing that i want a meta comp i suppose that the meta players will be playing in the meta way.

Honestly from your point of view it's obvious who is at fault. But in these kind of situations point of views may have very twisted views honestly.

I NEVER have been kicked outside of a group, and i did quite a lot of fractals.

You just said in the last week you got kicked out of 4 group. If totally different people all had problems with you, maybe, just maybe, you could be the problem? I am not here to tell you that you surely are the problem, but maybe you were at fault in some points.

The system is fine, if 3 out of 5 people don't want to play with you then by majority it's you that should leave, not the 3 people that should adapt to you. If you think that my last sentence is wrong then you are the toxic one, i am sorry. There are a lot of groups out there you can find another. The real toxic system would be forcing players that don't want to play with each other together, like in every moba or "competitive team game" out there. I am here because i choose my mates to play with.

If you still feel that the LFG is so toxic, then just play with your guildmates. This thread is so pointless

As always I say, ,if you join as 4th or 5th person in fractal and see 3 of them are friends or guild mates. They usually kick you in middle of run for their buddy. I never run with this type of group after I realized whats happening when i got kicked twice without even any warning.o forgot to mention,, usually they wont kick u if you are playing support role. just my experience.

I play Condi-Beastmaster with 162 AR (I have malign +9 infusion on everything) and I don't give a damn about the meta. If they want me to switch to druid I will grant them their wish, but if the LFG says "recs" I just join and play along, because usually all it takes to convince them is my Aurora effect and my 13400 Arena Net achievement points. Not that those things mean much, but maybe it shows some dedication. And almost always I'm among the better players in those groups, I used to play in a fractal guild and have tons of hours in fractals.

Now if I would get kicked, guess what? Move along and try again. There are toxic people everywhere. But unless you have played Overwatch you will never know true toxicity.

Can't comment since I don't know what caused the kick, scenario and other side's story. But if I understand correctly, the kick happens after X fail attempt(probably the main cause of it), ask for their explanation for the kick? Don't think it has anything to do with Dps meter(since you're 2nd? and it's the mechanics panel room). Same guild tags or indication they're friends? There's no gurantee but just create your own group to minimize the risk.

Again, such issue is up to the players in this case. Not sure how Anet or any 3rd party can help here.

@"Clyan.1593" said:I play Condi-Beastmaster with 162 AR (I have malign +9 infusion on everything) and I don't give a kitten about the meta. If they want me to switch to druid I will grant them their wish, but if the LFG says "recs" I just join and play along, because usually all it takes to convince them is my Aurora effect and my 13400 Arena Net achievement points. Not that those things mean much, but maybe it shows some dedication. And almost always I'm among the better players in those groups, I used to play in a fractal guild and have tons of hours in fractals.

Now if I would get kicked, guess what? Move along and try again. There are toxic people everywhere. But unless you have played Overwatch you will never know true toxicity.

Same here, just over 16,000 achievement points and lots of hours in fractals ( OG fractals where you actually had to complete 3 random maps + a boss at the end to get 1 Pristine Fractal Relic ) As far as toxic players go you're 1,000 correct, I just kept it moving and got it done with another group without a hiccup. It's the sudden spike in said toxicity that enticed me to write this, it's gotten worse IMO.

@Malediktus.9250 said:Strange, I pug very often and I cannot remember the last time I got kicked. Are you on EU or NA megaserver?

NA

@Eramonster.2718 said:Can't comment since I don't know what caused the kick, scenario and other side's story. But if I understand correctly, the kick happens after X fail attempt(probably the main cause of it), ask for their explanation for the kick? Don't think it has anything to do with Dps meter(since you're 2nd? and it's the mechanics panel room). Same guild tags or indication they're friends? There's no gurantee but just create your own group to minimize the risk.

Again, such issue is up to the players in this case. Not sure how Anet or any 3rd party can help here.

Agreed, just seems to happen more often. Not sure they can do anything other than restructure the boot mechanic in groups.

Started playing a couple months ago and never experienced any toxicism at all, been pugging T4's everyday for 4-5months~, even when playing power reaper was able to keep up with most other dps'es. Never been kicked and every single votekick i've seen are due to people afk'ing or just messing up nonstop.

I can see it being a thing every now and then though if people mess up repeatedly or just don't contribute at all, just had a Druid on T4 camp staff the whole fractal, never used any spirits, never went into CA, stood at 1.5k range, died nonstop even to mobs, etc...

No reason to be toxic but yeah, can expect some flaming if people are on a bad day if that's the case, i usually just /leave after the Fractal ends, or if we have no chance of clearing at all or it'll take 3x as long for a boss than the whole Fractal then /leave asap.

From my experience, legendaries/achiev points don't mean a thing, seen plenty of people with 30k+ AP and tons of legendaries being dead-weights.

@Malediktus.9250 said:Then it might be a NA problem. On EU it seems to be hard to get anyone kicked in groups. Even if someone has been disconnected for 5minutes or does like 20% of the dps he should it often takes a lot of convincing to get someone kicked.

EU is really so much better when it comes to pug quality, both in player skill and social skills. Moving back to NA made me really feel it. Why are people here so impatient?

@maxwelgm.4315 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:Then it might be a NA problem. On EU it seems to be hard to get anyone kicked in groups. Even if someone has been disconnected for 5minutes or does like 20% of the dps he should it often takes a lot of convincing to get someone kicked.

EU is really so much better when it comes to pug quality, both in player skill and social skills. Moving back to NA made me really feel it. Why are people here so impatient?

This is a wild assumption, but maybe it is the hire and fire mentality that is prevalent in the US?

@"Clyan.1593" said:I play Condi-Beastmaster with 162 AR (I have malign +9 infusion on everything) and I don't give a kitten about the meta. If they want me to switch to druid I will grant them their wish, but if the LFG says "recs" I just join and play along, because usually all it takes to convince them is my Aurora effect and my 13400 Arena Net achievement points. Not that those things mean much, but maybe it shows some dedication. And almost always I'm among the better players in those groups, I used to play in a fractal guild and have tons of hours in fractals.

I beg to different. Play Aion 'a-hem'Anyway pity that some people feel the need to be horrible on a computer game. In the first Guildwars I had a lot of fun getting groups on my ranger and often got a group to get a kick in favour of someone else quite a lot and never had a reason. Took me forever to do most of factions until I changed my Guild ;/This is exactly the reason I wish you didn't have to do fractals to get drops for leggie weapons. Being Toxic in a game should be frown upon not celebrated and the norm.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:

I would say people are less impatient because the average player skill is higher. NA pugs are where people whine about dps meters because they dont like people judging their soldier bearbow. Or where you have to tell people to stack because you have a boon chrono and they dont know any better. Or where people stand off to one side and range during cliffside chest seal instead of following the trap rotation. When you have to hand hold a group every day it gets tiresome so you start demanding elitist meta groups because the average playerbase can't seem to learn.

@Shikaru.7618 said:

@"Malediktus.9250" said:Then it might be a NA problem. On EU it seems to be hard to get anyone kicked in groups. Even if someone has been disconnected for 5minutes or does like 20% of the dps he should it often takes a lot of convincing to get someone kicked.

I would say people are less impatient
because
the average player skill is higher. NA pugs are where people whine about dps meters because they dont like people judging their soldier bearbow. Or where you have to tell people to stack because you have a boon chrono and they dont know any better. Or where people stand off to one side and range during cliffside chest seal instead of following the trap rotation. When you have to hand hold a group every day it gets tiresome so you start demanding elitist meta groups because the average playerbase can't seem to learn.

i'm not sure its player skill, we are the same species :) the issue is cultural, americans are very very competitive and struggle to understand the journey v destination philosophies and also struggle to comprehend that support weaker players can be rewarding (e.g 'hand holding' or worse elitism) Its all about getting the result/reward and being the top dog/player.

https://wanderwisdom.com/misc/Ten-Basic-Differences-Between-the-USA-and-Europe

• 2 weeks later...

On the contrary, the two guilds I am part of invited me when I joined their dungeon / fractal run as a +1. I've seen a few people QQ in fractals and quit, but usually (not always) they end up being the bad apples and once we find a new player, we end up clearing a lot faster.

Now gold runs in dungeons back in the day, that was a fucking cock sucker of a toxic shit hole holy Christ. I don't miss doing those!

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@"Malediktus.9250" said:Then it might be a NA problem. On EU it seems to be hard to get anyone kicked in groups. Even if someone has been disconnected for 5minutes or does like 20% of the dps he should it often takes a lot of convincing to get someone kicked.

I would say people are less impatient
because
the average player skill is higher. NA pugs are where people whine about dps meters because they dont like people judging their soldier bearbow. Or where you have to tell people to stack because you have a boon chrono and they dont know any better. Or where people stand off to one side and range during cliffside chest seal instead of following the trap rotation. When you have to hand hold a group every day it gets tiresome so you start demanding elitist meta groups because the average playerbase can't seem to learn.

i'm not sure its player skill, we are the same species :) the issue is cultural, americans are very very competitive and struggle to understand the journey v destination philosophies and also struggle to comprehend that support weaker players can be rewarding (e.g 'hand holding' or worse elitism) Its all about getting the result/reward and being the top dog/player.

It has nothing to do with skill levels. It's more of the fact that anyone is better than waiting for no-one. Also, we have groups forming at such a pace (prime time) that it doesn't matter if you get kicked, you just LFG right back in and so long as you're not completely deadweight(mechanics wise) people will deal with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived