nerf wvw rank

jyoti.4756

the past month i have been doing wvw constantly to gain some wvw rank and exept 4 days the battlegrounds are empty.nothing to capture nothing to kill nothing to repair.u should reconsider thinking of nerfing wvw rank.its like impossible even in the future 5-6 years from now to be able to reach 1500 ranking the least. you cant just have basic rules for ranking in battleground when theere is no player to fill the life in it.

@"Dayra.7405" said:I find the "no enemy/no one left in WvW" in itself more concerning, than the effect on ranking. I mean, what do you want with wvw-rank 1500 if you are alone there?

If not wrong you need a pretty high rank, maybe 1900 plus to be able to get legendary wvw armor?

So maybe that's why ge wanna rank up.

@"whoknocks.4935" said:If not wrong you need a pretty high rank, maybe 1900 plus to be able to get legendary wvw armor?

Rank 1500 for gloves till Rank 2000 for chest ofhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Triumphant_Hero%27s_armor

But you can build a legendary armor also fromhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Hero%27s_armorwhich has no rank requirement

(Edit for hints from LaGranse.8652 & Balthazzarr.1349 later on)

@Dayra.7405 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:If not wrong you need a pretty high rank, maybe 1900 plus to be able to get legendary wvw armor?

Rank 1500 for gloves till Rank 2000 for chest

Don't need any WvW rank for the legendary armor, people always forget that there are 2 legy sets in WvW.

all gear is part of the game. for a player like me who actually want to touch mistforged set why i have to waste 5 years to get it ?? i am not asking for free i like when an item has its difficulty but after doing battleground i have noticed very low numbers of players which makes it impossible atm. the last 2 weeks we always get outnumbered buff which makes it like 8 to 10 ppl trying to defend all the time. i personally can barely do something even in the other maps of battlegrounds.

therotically yes. but in action no. even with booster u dont gain any experience by capturing towers or main buildings. u need players or big squads to push your way there.when u have barely 5-10 ppl if u use a booster u gain nothing but a small experience from some guards around the map.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@"Dayra.7405" said:I find the "no enemy/no one left in WvW" in itself more concerning, than the effect on ranking. I mean, what do you want with wvw-rank 1500 if you are alone there?

If not wrong you need a pretty high rank, maybe 1900 plus to be able to get legendary wvw armor?

So maybe that's why ge wanna rank up.

No that's not true. You need the higher rank for that specific ascended armor. But you can convert the other wvw ascended armor into legendary without having to be a high rank.

@sostronk.8167 said:With boosters you can easily get 2 levels per hour. So it's about 750 hours of WvW gameplay to reach 1500.

I'm not so sure about that... I have well over 9000 hours of WvW game play and my rank is 3607. Maybe the ranking up gets harder in the higher levels? I'm not sure because I haven't looked into it. But I can say that when I'm in WvW I'm playing hard and not chilling in keeps and spawn sites.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@sostronk.8167 said:With boosters you can easily get 2 levels per hour. So it's about 750 hours of WvW gameplay to reach 1500.

I'm not so sure about that... I have well over 9000 hours of WvW game play and my rank is 3607. Maybe the ranking up gets harder in the higher levels? I'm not sure because I haven't looked into it. But I can say that when I'm in WvW I'm playing hard and not chilling in keeps and spawn sites.

but your not playing to maximize your rank i assume, because then you will outside of zergfights mainly do ppt or kill noobs only as a little longer fight for just 1-2 opponents is highly inefficient in wxp/hour.

@"jyoti.4756" said:u should reconsider thinking of nerfing wvw rank.its like impossible even in the future 5-6 years from now to be able to reach 1500 ranking the least. you cant just have basic rules for ranking in battleground when theere is no player to fill the life in it.

X4fSMWK.png

349 WvW lvl in 1 month. Its so easy to lvl, i dont get ur problem.And i played on a server that was stuck in T5 for months lol.

349 wvw lvl in 1 month really now?? thats like 12 levels in one day to reach that.stop talking theoritically and even if it doesnt theoritically stop taking 1 extreme example to prove something different than what someone says. what are u the devils child?? 12 levels is 24hours a day without brake. congrats about that if u did it. this is what u wanted to do here? show off? congrats again

@jyoti.4756 said:349 wvw lvl in 1 month really now?? thats like 12 levels in one day to reach that.stop talking theoritically and even if it doesnt theoritically stop taking 1 extreme example to prove something different than what someone says. what are u the devils child?? 12 levels is 24hours a day without brake. congrats about that if u did it. this is what u wanted to do here? show off? congrats again

With only a Birthday Booster I get 2-3 levels an hour... and that’s not running with a Zerg.

His info isn’t hyperbole.

Two people playing smart can jump borderlands and cap towers and camps.

5? (Never mind 10) can cap keeps, but towers would be easy. There are four BLs.

Get a party together, and bounce maps to create some havoc. If the team with the greatest numbers is there, move. It forces them to react.

If you have 10, split into two parties and spread out but communicate, which allows you to hit two towers at once. Tap keeps etc.

Does it take effort? Yes. And 3-4 ranks every two hours especially with that size group is easily attainable.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

but your not playing to maximize your rank i assume, because then you will outside of zergfights mainly do ppt or kill noobs only as a little longer fight for just 1-2 opponents is highly inefficient in wxp/hour.

Over my years in WvW most of the early years before this linking was made up largely of havoc. Tons of capping/ppt and thinking about that most of my rank gain probably came from that. Since this linking started and zerging and blobs became more of a regular thing I can see that my advancement in the ranks has slowed down a lot... so I can see what you're saying.

Not that I really care about advancing my rank... as it is since I play warrior/sb and firebrand I get targeted a lot more than when I played my good old ranger/soulbeast. People look at the high ranked heavy players in the front line and take them down quicker, assuming they're the commanders. Which is a pain for me, but good for my commander who has half the rank and 10 times better at running a zerg than I am ;)

Cheers.

@jyoti.4756 said:349 wvw lvl in 1 month really now?? thats like 12 levels in one day to reach that.stop talking theoritically and even if it doesnt theoritically stop taking 1 extreme example to prove something different than what someone says. what are u the devils child?? 12 levels is 24hours a day without brake. congrats about that if u did it. this is what u wanted to do here? show off? congrats againBirthday Booster + EXP Buff from Candy Corn Gobbler + Black Lion EXP boost + Guild Hall Boost +WvW EXP Enrichment and u get over half a lvl from SN alone. Only the Black Lion Buff is a bit hard to get .So please stop acting like its hard to lvl up .

At the end of the day, WVW is a selfish mode and no one is immune, but whether there's an abundance of active people, an abundance of inactive people or a lack of people in general, that does not and never has prevented the ability of any one individual to achieve personal rank gain. They may not appreciate the speed of said rank gain, but luckily there are far more methods available these days to increase that speed but, as always, it still requires desire to do so.

Archived