Elusive Mind Needs Some Love - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Elusive Mind Needs Some Love

2>

Comments

• reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭✭

it might
    but a lot of other things are in much greater need

• reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭✭

As a side note, mirages running IH over EM makes them a lot harder to fight with a condi necro. Clones evading means putrid mark is no longer a guaranteed condi cleanse.

• @Blue.1207 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Blue.1207 said:
    Haha haha. Good joke. Elusive Mind needs a 18 second ICD Added to it.

Still a meme in the balance world. Trait never should have existed.

If not count they were asked to change it during beta ...
    And why 18 seconds icd? why not 10? Why not 15? Why not 20 or 30 ? What led you to this number ?

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Blue.1207 said:
    Haha haha. Good joke. Elusive Mind needs a 18 second ICD Added to it.

Still a meme in the balance world. Trait never should have existed.

If not count they were asked to change it during beta ...
    And why 18 seconds icd? why not 10? Why not 15? Why not 20 or 30 ? What led you to this number ?

Same time as sigil of annulment, arguably the best sigil in this boonspam fiesta.

Or maybe I just really like the number 8 and wanted to further dunk on mirage by adding 10 to it.

Valid reason to add exactly 18 ICD ! I approve!

@Susy.7529 said:
    Ahahahahah NO!
    You got what you deserved for being literally a god class in PvP, imho you should be nerfed even more since Mirage is still too OP.

Actually all of you got what YOU deserve with your tears . IH mirage xD

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@shadowpass.4236 said:
    Don't allow Mirage to dodge while cc'd

Remove the stunbreak and exhaustion from EM, increase condi clear to 2 per dodge or add 20% cdr on deception skills

This is a good suggestion. Currently EM is obsolete.

• @tinyreborn.1938 said:

"Lmao, these people we are steamrolling in pvp don't know exactly why we are overpowered, so now we will be even more overpowered than before by just ignoring the trait that got nerfed."

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [Every PvP game has bad balance because every PvP game has bad players.]

• tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

"Lmao, these people we are steamrolling in pvp don't know exactly why we are overpowered, so now we will be even more overpowered than before by just ignoring the trait that got nerfed."

Cry more <3
    That will help xD
    Also pretty sure Mirage is OP for same reason as other 'OP' specs.
    I'm alrdy fed up with all those tears everywhere . Only reason they still nerfing mesmer to hush all those average silver2 players that make threads about how OP 2 chronos ...

• Tbh, this trait, and mirage cloak, should never exist xd

• Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

Cry more <3
    That will help xD

Obviously it won't, but showing people who try to justify pulling matchup wins on autopilot their own logic is therapeutic.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

"I'm aware that Mirage being busted is now even more obvious than it was before, because now people are forced to slot Infinite Horizon instead of EM (and still be able to dodge while stunned whenever they choose), but I'm going to immediately ignore that and just claim people are whining because of l2p issues."

Pick one or the other. Either you think its a L2P issue, or you're aware being able to dodge bursts after getting stunned, on a class that already has tricks to shift and drop targets without committing anything more than endurance is too much and yet you would rather it stay like that.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]

• tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Cry more <3
    That will help xD

Obviously it won't, but showing people who try to justify pulling matchup wins on autopilot their own logic is therapeutic.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

"I'm aware that Mirage being busted is now even more obvious than it was before, because now people are forced to slot Infinite Horizon instead of EM (and still be able to dodge while stunned whenever they choose), but I'm going to immediately ignore that and just claim people are whining because of l2p issues."

Pick one or the other. Either you think its a L2P issue, or you're aware being able to dodge bursts after getting stunned , on a class that already has tricks to shift and drop targets without committing anything more than endurance (Wootofok u talking about here?) is too much and yet you would rather it stay like that.

Actually right now I will say its clearly L2P issue . Just as braendaed logic of our beloved thieves (unhonorable mentions mr.crabs) and facerollsmith protectors(countless amount of them) I will defy any logic and all arguments . If they can do that ,why I cant?:D
    Also truth be told , all other classess are not less broken than mirage. If look at LB there is only few mesmers wage war against those revenant exploiters! Poor Flanby... xD
    ALSO since when mirage even more broken than before? After all those nerfs its way weaker than its used to be by a lot . Before mirage could play sword torch staff and now if you play it you dont do any pressure and cant 1x1 anything . May be you are right, all nerfs made mirage stronger... Can we do the same with other overperforming classes? Make them busted via nerfs! You made my day lad

• Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2018

@tinyreborn.1938 said:
    ALSO since when mirage even more broken than before? After all those nerfs its way weaker than its used to be by a lot . Before mirage could play sword torch staff and now if you play it you dont do any pressure and cant 1x1 anything . May be you are right, all nerfs made mirage stronger... Can we do the same with other overperforming classes? Make them busted via nerfs! You made my day lad

They did not get stronger numbers wise, the nerf just made more people slot a stronger trait since EM is now so unappealing. Their presence as a whole in the PVP sphere is now worse because the nerf to EM did not fix the issue, it just made more mirages slot IH.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

(Wootofok u talking about here?)

Mirages can, due to Mirage cloak, evade when stunned, even without taking Elusive Mind. Every other class in the game has to slot a utility skill to address stuns. Mirage does not. all it costs them is endurance.

I'm getting the feeling you don't understand the kind of advantage that affords, though.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]

• Tiah.3091Tiah.3091 Member ✭✭✭

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:
    All the balance team has to do is revert that one skill and Holosmith is probably balanced.

Suuuure!
    1) 70% uptime avatar form with above-than-berserker level of damage and 2-5 seconds cooldowns.
    2) perma-stability through corona burst trait
    3) perma swiftness, protection and regen
    4) Perma-vigor and dodges every 5 sec
    5) 20k overall heals per 30 seconds
    6) 3 skills chain CC
    7) 600 units dash on 2 seconds cooldown

All of the above, while wearing glass amulet like demo. With 0 concentration.

Suuuuuure. Holo is perfectly fine, apart from Ele U.

• @Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

They did not get stronger numbers wise, the nerf just made more people slot a stronger trait since EM is now so unappealing. Their presence as a whole in the PVP sphere is now worse because the nerf to EM did not fix the issue, it just made more mirages slot IH.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

(Wootofok u talking about here?)

Mirages can, due to Mirage cloak, evade when stunned, even without taking Elusive Mind. Every other class in the game has to slot a utility skill to address stuns. Mirage does not. all it costs them is endurance.

I'm getting the feeling you don't understand the kind of advantage that affords, though.

I'm more than aware what mirage cloak does. Other classes doesnt use their dodges for offence as mirage does while having gutted vigor. Be happy he burn 1-2 dodges to cover stuns and not being able to pressure you and forced to retreat.
    You confused me like mirage need to dodge to distarget xD
    I still dont understand what is your complain there? Number of mesmers decreased thanks to all nerfs. Very few ppl I see on lb that play mesmer (and they are not really high there)
    Complains about dodge in cc is like ... other classes dont have mirage elite spec feature , pls fix

• You bette go removing it and replace it with something completely different... elusive mind is a design problem ... it was completely overpowered to be able to dodge basedline at start... but a breakstun in addition. It's a bad joke from Anet honestly.

(and then they said Weaver was a important time effort ... which is super lackluster anyway. They better not put effort in ele anymore tbh.)

• I agree IM needs a buff or rather slight un-nerf. As it stands there's basically no reason to take it over IH on any spec.

• Devilman.1532Devilman.1532 Member ✭✭✭

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Devilman.1532 said:
    and the MESEMERLOLTRAIN rolls on... don't you guys get it? Its what they consider their "signature class" that many of the Devs play. It will never be razed tot he ground like other classes int he history of this game have been and to a degree still are.

Arent you the guy playing Broken passives Holo?

Nope wouldn't play that trashbag if you paid me

• I really should went through this wall ...again ? I could but I'm sick and feel bad for it

Asking players to monitor the mirage's options from stealth etc.etc.etc

Asking players to play the game ... How dare you?!

• @tinyreborn.1938 said:

I really should went through this wall ...again ? I could but I'm sick and feel bad for it

Obviously I was mistaken in thinking I could reason with you about this. <3

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]

• @Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

I really should went through this wall ...again ? I could but I'm sick and feel bad for it

Obviously I was mistaken in thinking I could reason with you about this. <3

Okay <3

• incisorr.9502incisorr.9502 Member ✭✭✭

there are 3 holos and rangers in top 10 regularly but there's 1-3 mirages in... TOP 40 .. of the european leaderboard

i think facts speak for themselves, mirage is nowhere near as good as before due to all the nerfs and it can use some buffs not just on EM

vigor uptime was reduced by 50%
    condi duration was overall reduced by 20-%ish
    burn was reworked to have less stacks (which means less burst damage)
    confusion doesn't do damage for the skill that cleanses it any more (it did before)

on top of that power classes were buffed throughout time so power is already much better than condi in general

on top of that the rise of boonbeast also hinders mesmer because boonbeast is a counter to mesmer

• Blue.1207Blue.1207 Member ✭✭✭

Elusive mind is currently pretty kitten. If Anet wants to rework it then it’s time to remove the ability to dodge when CC’d as a base mirage ability (op beyond heck), and move it into elusive mind while halving the exhaustion duration.

• viquing.8254viquing.8254 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2018

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:
    Being able to evade while CCed is inherently broken so

It's less broken than having 60%+ stability uptime and/or plethora of breakstunt with strong side effects, just look at what you have, apart necro who is teamfight op but lack breakstunts, everyone have many tools to evade CC.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Oslaf Beinir.5842 said:
    Why use EM when IH is there?

Just the condition cleanse on dodge really.

That's it.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ah, mesmers complaining about their OPness not being enough, now I've seen everything!

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

2>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.