Home WvW

World Restructuring Update 2

1234568>

Comments

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Calisanna.8732 said:

@knite.1542 said:
    You guys just need to be patient.

Do you play the mode? It’s bleeding players. Many ppl/guilds who are exclusively players WvW have left. You can only have so much patience and hope to be answered with little to no communication.

Your sarcasm detector seems to require servicing.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• @LetoII.3782 said:

@Calisanna.8732 said:

@knite.1542 said:
    You guys just need to be patient.

Do you play the mode? It’s bleeding players. Many ppl/guilds who are exclusively players WvW have left. You can only have so much patience and hope to be answered with little to no communication.

Your sarcasm detector seems to require servicing.

Seems so!!! I giggled way to hard at this 💖

• Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

@Diku.2546 said:
    Wishful thinking...I'd like to see an ANet version of a Road Map for WvW.

• There used to be roadmaps, they just never followed them.
    • There still are roadmaps, WvW just isn't on them.
    • WvW probably isn't on them because they can't follow them and listing WvW would just keep highlighting that in a ridiculous way.
    • If they are to have roadmaps for WvW they need to have the resources to be able to follow roadmaps.
    • That doesn't exist and that is the problem whether we have roadmaps or not.

We both still seem to care about WvW. Glad we share this same dream.

Hmmm...I seem to have a different opinion about ANet's Road Map for WvW.

There never was a Road Map for WvW.

We only got a partially thought out "Step(s)" as it relates to the game mode.

Instead what we got was something called [ Alliances ]...

Which is the equivalent to Step 2 in the below context of where this game mode should be heading into the future...but isn't...imho

I understand that it's not an easy task to create a Road Map, but would you agree that a Road Map should take WvW from its "Current State" to where we want it to be in the future?

Wondering out loud & not asking anybody in particular...

Why can't we have a simple post detailing these "Steps" of a Road Map for WvW?

A simple post that takes WvW from its "Current State"...

To where we want WvW to be in the future?

These "Steps" should fundamentally be linked to each other & proceed in a natural progression of events.

Example Road Map for WvW:

Step 1 - REBOOT WvW - Remove World Linking & Implement Changes to WvW
    Step 2 - REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competition
    Step 3 - NEW GAME MODE & VISION - Establish a better Road Map & Vision with World vs Globes
    Step 4 - WvG MATCH-UP - Globe Raiding of Green & Blue - Weekly Picked by Players
    Step 5 - EOTM LOBBY - Mist Raiding, WvG Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendors
    Step 6 - WvG TOURNAMENTS - Using New Match-Up Mechanics based on a Globe Raiding Model
    Step 7 - WvG OVERVIEW - Welcome to World vs Globes

Full context of example Road Map for WvW:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

There never was any Real Road Map for WvW.

What has been presented so far to this community & discussed in great detail & continues to be

A Series of Disconnected "Steps"

That do not fit into a larger Vision on where WvW is headed into its future.

It's dissapointing to watch a game mode that has the potential to evolve into an Annual eSport SuperBowl like event...that could be supported by lucrative corporate sponsors...continue to crumble & errode away due to poor decisions that could be avoided if we had a Real Road Map properly guiding it into its future...imho

A Road Map should be
    Simple and is beautiful
    When it's understood

Haiku - 5/7/5

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Quick Kick - "Anything worth doing is worth planning" - A G.I. Joe PSA

Yours truly,
    Diku

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@K THEN.5162 said:

@primatos.5413 said:
    Canwehaveanupdatetotheupdatepls?kkthxbb o7

You can't spell "No Update" without "anet"

That spells Nate.

🤦‍♂️

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@K THEN.5162 said:

@primatos.5413 said:

That spells Nate.

🤦‍♂️

Well, it does. Also,

Alliances When!?

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], member of [RaW][TACO][Owls][HELL] Alliance, Kaineng.

edited November 18, 2020

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@K THEN.5162 said:

@primatos.5413 said:

That spells Nate.

🤦‍♂️

Well, it does. Also,

Alliances When!?

I can't argue. You have a point.

Alliances When!!!

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• @Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@K THEN.5162 said:

@primatos.5413 said:

That spells Nate.

🤦‍♂️

Well, it does. Also,

Alliances When!?

I can't argue. You have a point.

Alliances When!!!

• Oof - Body is 7 characters too short.

@Calisanna.8732 said:
    Oof - Body is 7 characters too short.

Yeah the part that says, "4 years ago" hit like a bunch of pre-nerf HoT builds.... 😬

• @Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Calisanna.8732 said:
    Oof - Body is 7 characters too short.

Yeah the part that says, "4 years ago" hit like a bunch of pre-nerf HoT builds.... 😬

I think it's due time for another history lesson, don't you?

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2020

guess knite just memed. 2+ years no news about alliances and calling for patience is not even a good meme tho.

btw lmfao @ the 4 years aged post ahahaha. what did he even refer to at "using the Wvw community" (by kinda ignoring us for most of the time?) "to drive team priorities" ... which team's priorities? the matchup-teams? their not-anymore existing developer team for Wvw? hm?

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Samug.6512 said:
    Only 5 days to 2 years with no info! Is everybody excited? How are you guys celebrating?

I am holding out the two months until the three year anniversary of the initial announcement.

Thank You for the {MEME}

Hang on, PvE is getting the WvW treatment with "Calm in the Storm." You think that wait will last 4 years? 🤔

• u cannot even compare that.. Wvw are rather spoiled brats... they never had to wait for something even close as long i think. the longest durance there takes probably the raids, while the new mini-raids are basically content for this playerbase, so also doesn't really count.

But I did compare it... for fun really... no, I just did it to bump this thread which is also the reason I am reacting to you 😉

• meme post?

• My guildie memed that they’re waiting to announce re links with alliances 😂

• "coming soon" hmm hmm yeah yeah am i your B I T C H ?

• Wow it’s been a while since we’ve heard anything about alliances huh...

• K THEN.5162K THEN.5162 Member ✭✭✭

1 more day until the 2 year anniversary of this lost-cause of a promise! Looking forward to another year of WvW content being ugly, overpriced mount skins for the boring and overpowered warclaw!!

WHAT?!? Did you expect something special would be written here

• @DKRathalos.9625 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Well, it does. Also,

Alliances When!?

This made my day 😂

• K THEN.5162K THEN.5162 Member ✭✭✭

@jqjazz.4097 said:
    so nothing new actually changing in wvw yet again :( Raymond Lukes.6305 said "we have made some really good and exciting progress, we are still a ways out from the launch of World Restructuring and Alliances." meaning if we wait as long as we have since the very 1st announcement wvw will be pretty much a dead zone and gw3 maybe on the horizon! oh happy days for us wvw'ers, wrap it in a xmas box and put it under the tree for 2020

2021******

WHAT?!? Did you expect something special would be written here

• @Calisanna.8732 said:

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Well, it does. Also,

Alliances When!?

This made my day 😂

The intro to WP's latest video may make your day again:

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Calisanna.8732 said:

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Well, it does. Also,

Alliances When!?

This made my day 😂

That is some funny young cat right there....,

😺

Thank You for the {MEME}

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Calisanna.8732 said:

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Well, it does. Also,

Alliances When!?

This made my day 😂

That is some funny young cat right there....,

😺

Funny young cat indeed! I can’t wait to share this to my new WvW friends who wonder why I giggle at the meme that is our game mode 💖

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@K THEN.5162 said:
    1 more day until the 2 year anniversary of this lost-cause of a promise! Looking forward to another year of WvW content being ugly, overpriced mount skins for the boring and overpowered warclaw!!

Actually, it’s 2 months until The 3 year anniversary.

This thread was the second update on it.

For 4 years we have been lied to. It started with Colin (kitten hype master), it continued with Mike O'B (kitten kitten) and now, they don't even give us a name to direct our loathing at.

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], member of [RaW][TACO][Owls][HELL] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Ya know...they could have done some PVE inside WvW "mode" i.e. Tyria travels to the mists to wage war with different realities...or gods...or monsters....or whatever cosmic mists entity you could imagine (fractured observatory anyone?) but we get one dev (harding hard no doubt) to try to satisfy anything and everything. Feelsbadman. I wish Anet would commit more resources to this mode.

• They repost stuff on twitter more per day then post on their forum in a year xD

I bet you...i BET you Alliances is coming WITH the expansion.

• MashMash.1645MashMash.1645 Member ✭✭✭

What will come out first?

Alliances or Star Citizen!

I've always wondered what it would be like to go to the mists. It'll be an adventure... - Magister Sieran

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2020

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@K THEN.5162 said:

Actually, it’s 2 months until The 3 year anniversary.

This thread was the second update on it.

For 4 years we have been lied to. It started with Colin (kitten hype master), it continued with Mike O'B (kitten kitten) and now, they don't even give us a name to direct our loathing at.

It's sadly 5 years or more. If you read the first qoute by Colin he says that they have been working on a major overhaul for over a year. The Megaservers released in april 2014 while the first experiments for WvW with EotM released in september 2014. Colin back then in interviews mentioned how the back-end team that made Megaservers would be kept intact to keep working on things, implicating that more work could be done for the beta stuff put into WvW or just iterative work in general. As we know today, little to nothing has been done with EotM since september 2014 and it just sits there even though there are plenty of things that could be done with the back-end of it or with what they learnt from developing it.

I've mentioned it in other threads but I think the saddest part of the issues that plague WvW is that they could be addressed with existing tech and that so much more could be done with just smart application of design to avoid needs for larger tech additions and drawing further upon the tech that's here now.

• Outnumbered to fix scoring and adapt to a multi-overflow system
    • Megaserver flows to fix queues (already exists in EotM?)
    • Possibly streamline old server WvW to not have borders and just overflows on a map carousel
    • EotM with a better map to have a grand three-way mode without servers
    • OS with a better map (same map as EotM) to have a persistant grand three-way using the invulnurable walls tech to create guild-owned structure permanence and ultimately get a grand strategy mode akin to what exists in EVE, WoT or New World. The tech exists, it's just a db entry to get it.
    • Using the guild-owned structure permanence and simple structure/wall layout changes to let players control access and run GvG events inside owned structures (even now the SM throne room is as good or better than any existing Arena option).

There are so many creative things that could be done with what they already have that they could reinvent all the peripheral modes in the mode.

Most of this should not require heavy programming efforts, however, with spaghetti code you never know. In theory though, most of this is simple implementation such as changing database values or reskinning maps (which SCW once claimed was difficult in GW2, but everything is relative).

• Thanks Anet for all the good updates on Alliance (World Restructuring) system!

• Good communication about upcoming features when?

• Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

Pls talk Anet

• @Diku.2546 said:

@Diku.2546 said:
    Wishful thinking...I'd like to see an ANet version of a Road Map for WvW.

• There used to be roadmaps, they just never followed them.
    • There still are roadmaps, WvW just isn't on them.
    • WvW probably isn't on them because they can't follow them and listing WvW would just keep highlighting that in a ridiculous way.
    • If they are to have roadmaps for WvW they need to have the resources to be able to follow roadmaps.
    • That doesn't exist and that is the problem whether we have roadmaps or not.

We both still seem to care about WvW. Glad we share this same dream.

Hmmm...I seem to have a different opinion about ANet's Road Map for WvW.

There never was a Road Map for WvW.

We only got a partially thought out "Step(s)" as it relates to the game mode.

Instead what we got was something called [ Alliances ]...

Which is the equivalent to Step 2 in the below context of where this game mode should be heading into the future...but isn't...imho

I understand that it's not an easy task to create a Road Map, but would you agree that a Road Map should take WvW from its "Current State" to where we want it to be in the future?

Wondering out loud & not asking anybody in particular...

Why can't we have a simple post detailing these "Steps" of a Road Map for WvW?

A simple post that takes WvW from its "Current State"...

To where we want WvW to be in the future?

These "Steps" should fundamentally be linked to each other & proceed in a natural progression of events.

Example Road Map for WvW:

Step 1 - REBOOT WvW - Remove World Linking & Implement Changes to WvW
    Step 2 - REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competition
    Step 3 - NEW GAME MODE & VISION - Establish a better Road Map & Vision with World vs Globes
    Step 4 - WvG MATCH-UP - Globe Raiding of Green & Blue - Weekly Picked by Players
    Step 5 - EOTM LOBBY - Mist Raiding, WvG Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendors
    Step 6 - WvG TOURNAMENTS - Using New Match-Up Mechanics based on a Globe Raiding Model
    Step 7 - WvG OVERVIEW - Welcome to World vs Globes

Full context of example Road Map for WvW:

There never was any Real Road Map for WvW.

What has been presented so far to this community & discussed in great detail & continues to be

A Series of Disconnected "Steps"

That do not fit into a larger Vision on where WvW is headed into its future.

It's dissapointing to watch a game mode that has the potential to evolve into an Annual eSport SuperBowl like event...that could be supported by lucrative corporate sponsors...continue to crumble & errode away due to poor decisions that could be avoided if we had a Real Road Map properly guiding it into its future...imho

A Road Map should be
    Simple and is beautiful
    When it's understood

Haiku - 5/7/5

Quick Kick - "Anything worth doing is worth planning" - A G.I. Joe PSA

just to bump this post up one more time! this so much!!!!!!

Still waiting for that update on Alliances there ANet.

• Zychuu.7294Zychuu.7294 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2020

This thread is 2 years old now. 2 years of exactly 0 updates on world restructuring, good job.