You are morally obligated to rez team mate — Guild Wars 2 Forums

You are morally obligated to rez team mate

Icemanfrost.5428Icemanfrost.5428 Member ✭✭✭

Even if you will not be successful. It is your moral duty to try and rez him. If you fall so do you. You are to treat him like a wounded soldier in battle. You do not leave him behind so you face your foes and be destroyed in a blaze of glory. You do not leave a man behind. Let's discuss. Do you agree?

Comments

• If he is a kitten and doesn't listen to commands from his superior officer (you), he will end up dead on the battlefield.

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• @Dall.9752 said:
    You don't blindly do this, don't blindly do that, you assess the situation and make a call.

Morally obligated

• Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭

cant i just transfusion them into pulsing enemy sand shades instead?

• Standing on their downed state spamming AA like a potato while the enemy runs to decap another point while you fail to press F is not good. But then running into scourge AoE to res and end up downed with them is also a potato move.

Res when you can, there is no other time.

• @Whitworth.7259 said:
    Standing on their downed state spamming AA like a potato while the enemy runs to decap another point while you fail to press F is not good. But then running into scourge AoE to res and end up downed with them is also a potato move.

Res when you can, there is no other time.

Then you join him and leave your mark on them. You run at them and blast all your spells.

• Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭

Depending on the situation, the teammate ranges from:

• Adecoy for smarter people to escape
    • Opportune cleave bait
    • A worthwhile teammate who's revival would benefit the team

Never be 1, and you can only ever accidentally be 2 if there just happens to be a big brain carry nearby you. You really shouldn't die at all in this game. It's too easy to escape from most anything.

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 25, 2018

Rezzing a downed, yes whenever possible.
    Rezzing a totally dead, no, the dead is morally obligated to not lie around but respawn as fast as possible. Rezzing him is just a double waste of time.

• Dall.9752Dall.9752 Member ✭✭
    edited December 25, 2018

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

@Dall.9752 said:
    You don't blindly do this, don't blindly do that, you assess the situation and make a call.

Morally obligated

Let me try to reword it since it seems you didn't get it:

Use common sense.

The only thing you're morally obligated to do is to try your best whenever you get into a match, as you're using other people's time as well.

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:
    Even if you will not be successful. It is your moral duty to try and rez him. If you fall so do you. You are to treat him like a wounded soldier in battle. You do not leave him behind so you face your foes and be destroyed in a blaze of glory. You do not leave a man behind. Let's discuss. Do you agree?

I try to avoid N vs N skirmishes as much as I can. I do't expect/demand rez if I fall so each one is on their own.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

Unlike a real soldier you respawn. The only cost is 5 points and respawn time. Since the losses are extremely low to everyone, it is an objective question. Is reviving an ally worth the risk? The answer varies depending on the situation.

• VaaCrow.3076VaaCrow.3076 Member ✭✭✭

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

Don't agree at all. Morals differ person to person. I would kitten the situation and only try for the revive if i was sure it would work, dont want to throw away another life for nothing :+1:

Madness Rises [Rise] Of Gunnar's Hold, represent.

• I'm glad you're not defending my country.

• Deimos.4263Deimos.4263 Member ✭✭✭

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

I admit that I usually do this, and it's usually a horrible trap. Do not run into a 1v3 to rescue a fallen comrade. You will just hand over 5 more points. Falling back and regrouping may seem less honorable somehow but tactically it's usually the better move. Keep in mind this is a battlefield where people respawn.

• bbuuuudddddddyyyyyyyyy

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

Even the military will tell you that it's not advisable to get more people killed just to save one person.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:
    You are to treat him like a wounded soldier in battle.

Oh. Well if thats true, you are also morally obligated to treat downed enemies as prisoners of war.

This game is just filled with war criminals, its disgusting!

• XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 25, 2018

You save yourself by standing in spawn and waiting untill battle is over.

• Trigr.6481Trigr.6481 Member ✭✭✭

Nice Bait M8

• If they say 'hewwo?' then they must perish.

• @Icemanfrost.5428 said:
    You do not leave him behind

I assure you that tactically-oriented players are perfectly fine being left behind if that's going to help the team cap a point. The player will eventually be back in the game.

Even in non-competitive situations, sometimes it's better to let someone perish than risk a rez.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    • DE Dies 1v3 in mid.
    • Think for a second about whether I can get the rez
    • See the three enemies cleave the body. There's no way I can rez through that. It'd be suicide.
    • DE Rages in chat about me being afk and not rezing him.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

FOR HONOR!!! FOR DUTY!! NOT ON MY WATCH!!! HUZZAH!!

• Ario.8964Ario.8964 Member ✭✭✭

@mortrialus.3062 said:

• DE Dies 1v3 in mid.
    • Think for a second about whether I can get the rez
    • See the three enemies cleave the body. There's no way I can rez through that. It'd be suicide.
    • DE Rages in chat about me being afk and not rezing him.

Man, just go instawin the 1v3 and get the res, ezclap. After all, if everyone on my team thinks it's possible for me, it must be.

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

One man wolf pack.

• rwolf.9571rwolf.9571 Member ✭✭✭

It's a trap! (especially if there are 3-4 guys free casting on him) Even more so if your squishy, and have no means of a safe res.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just spike the ones trying to rez, they stand there and take it till they die too.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Swagg.9236 said:
    You really shouldn't die at all in this game. It's too easy to escape from most anything.

Disclaimer: Does not apply to necromancers. Necromancers can't escape anything, they either kill or they die.
    Solution: When you can, offer peels for your necro. Applies to Firebrands as well to an extent.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

Don't forget the 21 gun salute when you both die. The enemy team is morally obligated to cease all hostilities while the remainder of your team lines up and gives you the proper send off for brave warriors!

• @Icemanfrost.5428 said:

Uhhh I'm a thief, hard pass hahah

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Murmaider.1805 said:

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

Uhhh I'm a thief, hard pass hahah

If you're a Thief it probably means that you're the one who needs rez.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• You are morally obliged to not drag your team down by dying :smirk:

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.