You are morally obligated to rez team mate

Icemanfrost.5428

@Whitworth.7259 said:Standing on their downed state spamming AA like a potato while the enemy runs to decap another point while you fail to press F is not good. But then running into scourge AoE to res and end up downed with them is also a potato move.

Res when you can, there is no other time.

Then you join him and leave your mark on them. You run at them and blast all your spells.

Depending on the situation, the teammate ranges from:

• Adecoy for smarter people to escape
  • Opportune cleave bait
  • A worthwhile teammate who's revival would benefit the team

Never be 1, and you can only ever accidentally be 2 if there just happens to be a big brain carry nearby you. You really shouldn't die at all in this game. It's too easy to escape from most anything.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

@Dall.9752 said:You don't blindly do this, don't blindly do that, you assess the situation and make a call.

Morally obligated

Let me try to reword it since it seems you didn't get it:

Use common sense.

The only thing you're morally obligated to do is to try your best whenever you get into a match, as you're using other people's time as well.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:Even if you will not be successful. It is your moral duty to try and rez him. If you fall so do you. You are to treat him like a wounded soldier in battle. You do not leave him behind so you face your foes and be destroyed in a blaze of glory. You do not leave a man behind. Let's discuss. Do you agree?

I try to avoid N vs N skirmishes as much as I can. I do't expect/demand rez if I fall so each one is on their own.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:Even if you will not be successful. It is your moral duty to try and rez him. If you fall so do you. You are to treat him like a wounded soldier in battle. You do not leave him behind so you face your foes and be destroyed in a blaze of glory. You do not leave a man behind. Let's discuss. Do you agree?

Unlike a real soldier you respawn. The only cost is 5 points and respawn time. Since the losses are extremely low to everyone, it is an objective question. Is reviving an ally worth the risk? The answer varies depending on the situation.

Don't agree at all. Morals differ person to person. I would asses the situation and only try for the revive if i was sure it would work, dont want to throw away another life for nothing :+1:

I admit that I usually do this, and it's usually a horrible trap. Do not run into a 1v3 to rescue a fallen comrade. You will just hand over 5 more points. Falling back and regrouping may seem less honorable somehow but tactically it's usually the better move. Keep in mind this is a battlefield where people respawn.

Even the military will tell you that it's not advisable to get more people killed just to save one person.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:You do not leave him behindI assure you that tactically-oriented players are perfectly fine being left behind if that's going to help the team cap a point. The player will eventually be back in the game.

Even in non-competitive situations, sometimes it's better to let someone perish than risk a rez.

Archived