Crashing During Thunderhead Meta

Crashing out of the game is occurring at the end stages of both Thunderhead metas, during the boss fights. Not only does this deny people credit and rewards in general (most can't log back in and reload into the map fast enough to get back in time, especially for the oil boss who tends to die in about 30s), but it seems to be randomly counting as your 1/day on the meta, meaning that sometimes when it happens you can no longer get full rewards and most especially the Plate from the meta for that day. Based on chat, a significant number of people are experiencing crashing in each meta.

I had it happen once (I have done both metas plenty of times since release, sometimes several times a day for the achievements). I wonder what could be causing such crashes. I heard one person state the other day that they refrain from using the catapults during the North meta, because it would always make them crash.

I seem to have issues with both metas on the new map. Varying times of when it does it. Start of event. When a elite spawns. When I damage the boss. When it ends and I get auto loot. Some days I have managed to avoid crashes by some grace.

I've sent in the crash reports every time. Also repaired my client every evening 3 days in a row, but it never downloads anything new.

Best thing you can do, in my experience. Is just try to join a squad for some protection to get back in the same map. At least if you crash out early you can usually manage to find another meta group if you are unlucky on keeping your place.

But haven't had any crashing on any other big metas in the game, or anywhere else on the map. Though I'd say if a place has way too many things going on, it would be the Thunderhead keep metas at the moment. My frame rate is generally pretty stable on the map and during the metas though. It can tank a bit at the start, but evens out quickly.

Yeah, it's been happening to me now more recently too when lots of dots and effects are flashing about and everyone is mashing buttons right before boss dies. I figure they are still working on bugs and hopefully will be updated in their biweekly release. The better PC you have and luck the better chances of getting back in. With my old pc it was night night, but with my brand new pc i can get back in and loot chest if i'm fast enough.

Haven't crashed in years but with this mega it has happened 3 times now. Even with low graphic I crashed today, got lucky enough to get back to the same map and complete it but then Graveling refused to drop plate so lost on chests and APs. That plate should be like any loot everyone gets it when mob dies.
Very annoyed now

I have to agree. I had a couple of crashes recently and all of them happened during one of the metas even when I was just doing stuff nearby and not actively participating. The rest of the game appears crash-free for me, although it is difficult to say spending so much playtime on the new map.

I have seen 2 crashes during south meta (no biggy), was during walking between 1st oil pump and the second. Just sent the crash report and logged back (I didn't miss much). Most times I don't crash here even with full squads that use lot of flashy stuffs. Have has crashes randomly in other metas/zones as well but I shouldn't complain with tops 5 crashes since I play (over a year).

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:Crashing out of the game is occurring at the end stages of both Thunderhead metas, during the boss fights. Not only does this deny people credit and rewards in general (most can't log back in and reload into the map fast enough to get back in time, especially for the oil boss who tends to die in about 30s), but it seems to be randomly counting as your 1/day on the meta, meaning that sometimes when it happens you can no longer get full rewards and most especially the Plate from the meta for that day. Based on chat, a significant number of people are experiencing crashing in each meta.

unable to get back into the same map instance after crashing/disconnect for big metas has been an issue since the days of GW2 Vanillai remember i had to hog turrets during Teq fights, because there was a high chance my client will crash if i do close combat fights, so i had to stay as far as i could using the turrets

what does the crash log say? are you running 3rd party addons like ArcDPS, etc?

Best you can do is send the crash report from the popup box during crashes, and be patient.If they receive the same kind of crash report I'm used to they can open it with their compiler, and it'll show what code led to the crash, but 99/100 that code isn't the problem code, its only the code who received bad data from other code, that can take some time to properly trace/fix.

Archived